Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m the most anti- “hire all Miami bro’s” bro on the board, but Ed is in a different category.

#1) He was an assistant DB’s coach with the Bills, so he does actually have coaching experience
#2) No one had better preparation & film study at their position except for maybe Ray Lewis or Tom Brady. Ed Reed had the Mamba Mentality approach to understanding the intricacies of the game & breaking down film.
#3) He’s been a coach at the UA All-American multiple times, seems trivial right? Except so did Deion Sanders, Herm Edwards & Marvin Lewis all before they returned to coaching in college, they simply used it as an opportunity to re-ingratiate themselves with the High school recruiting scene.
#4) Ed shows up to nearly every event we have on campus, he was at Elite Prospect Day just a few weeks ago, why keep showing up all the time if you don’t have time? Lol

Point being, I don’t think anyone would argue that Ed isn’t arguably the greatest Safety of all-time, so if he wanted to be Safeties coach why not? It’s not like he’d be the DC responsible for calling plays to orchestrating gameplans, he’d be Safeties coach, which he could probably do with his eyes closed.

And as a recruiter, come on... What 4-star Safety from South FL is gonna be like, “No thanks Ed Reed, Ima take my talents to Trailerhasse bro..” lol
but he's said a few times he's not interested plus with Mario as your HBC i find it difficult to believe his subordinates are going to slack off.

Ed's quality of life is very very good. i dont see him disturbing it

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I mean, sure he could be hired as HC there. But why lose sleep over it? He hasn't even worked here yet.

I'd be happy with Steele as DC, but I kind've want Auburn to hire him just so I can laugh at the 50% of our fanbase who has complained Steele is "too old" to be DC here
And gthen they will laugh at you when No Kneel Steele get fired in a couple years.

Advertisement
Idk. This is preparation (which CAN be replicated), timing & instincts at the highest level.

I just don’t think this can be taught. JMO.

What do they mean with "since he knew peyton would see it on film". Isn't he saying after Peyton pump faked, he pretended to bite on it, then went to where Peyton was actually throwing?

No no and absolutely ******* NOT. I’m literally saying no out loud. KC BBQ is, for the most part, just ok. I don’t want to be an *** or disrespectful, but it’s not even BBQ. I’ll give it burnt ends and a history bump. Nothing compares to Texas. If anything does, it’s never going to be KC. Nice town and people. Wouldn’t want to live there, but a nice place to visit.

Advertisement
What do they mean with "since he knew peyton would see it on film". Isn't he saying after Peyton pump faked, he pretended to bite on it, then went to where Peyton was actually throwing?
I think what they mean is that during film study, Peyton would see Ed drift towards the middle of the field on a play like that when he opened his hips.

Ed knew that so turned and went towards the outside receiver instead where Payton was throwing too.

I think what they mean is that during film study, Peyton would see Ed drift towards the middle of the field on a play like that when he opened his hips.

Ed knew that so turned and went towards the outside receiver instead where Payton was throwing too.
Oh ok. That makes sense thank you. They made it sound like Ed was playing coverages wrong in prior games, in hopes that Peyton would see it then play it correctly against Peyton.

No no and absolutely ******* NOT. I’m literally saying no out loud. KC BBQ is, for the most part, just ok. I don’t want to be an *** or disrespectful, but it’s not even BBQ. I’ll give it burnt ends and a history bump. Nothing compares to Texas. If anything does, it’s never going to be KC. Nice town and people. Wouldn’t want to live there, but a nice place to visit.
South Carolina bbq is better than Texas 🤷

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back