Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Well that’s cause it’s chud!! Have a blast
Francesco Totti Smile GIF by AS Roma

Back at App in ‘21, Ponce worked with the struggling three-time transfer Chase Brice. Brice was abysmal during his one season at Duke. While under Coach Cutcliffe in Durham, Brice was fumbling snaps, looked scared in the pocket, and threw 15 INT’s with only 10 TD’s. In his one season with Ponce, Brice improved from 6.2 yards per attempt to 8.6, and threw 27 TD’s with only 11 INT’s.

Imagine what he can do with TVD
Yea, that's just it. I have been imagining what he can do with TVD.
Sanford And Son Smh GIF

Advertisement
This will be two pathetic and underwhelming hires for the masses and the program itself. Hope he can do better with that 8+ million budget..
I have no other option than to believe that nobody know anything.
:sideeyes:

You know what is interesting? The differences between Mario and Riley and their approach to rebuilding their respective programs. Miami and USC share many similarities (too many to describe). Both universities find themselves at crossroads with new, young coaches looking to reinvigorate football programs rich in tradition, but underperforming.

As I said yesterday, Mario is focused predominantly on recruiting -- salvaging the '21 class and building relationships with the very talented '22 class. He is doing so to what many believe is detrimentally impacting the completion of his coaching staff.

The result: Our 2021 class is significantly better than what many of us anticipated (despite what might be a disappointing finish) due predominantly to Mario. We are off to a great start with 2022 targets. We have been mediocre at best with the Portal. Staff is incomplete and the subject of national ridicule (strong word and a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point).

Riley, on the other hand, is saying F recruiting (to some extent). I am going to hire the best staff money can buy and then go out and dominate the Portal. 2022 will take care of itself because winning next year will ultimately attract ballers.

The result: USC's staff is complete and talented. He is cleaning up with portal transfers, yet his 2021 class sucks.

Better approach? Only time will tell. It is too soon to judge. I am not counting Mario out, but he needs to nail these hires to make it worthwhile for me.

I don’t disagree with your summary

But Miami and Mario didnt need to create an “either or” scenario for itself as it relates to recruiting a good 2022 class and hiring a strong staff

Advertisement
You know what is interesting? The differences between Mario and Riley and their approach to rebuilding their respective programs. Miami and USC share many similarities (too many to describe). Both universities find themselves at crossroads with new, young coaches looking to reinvigorate football programs rich in tradition, but underperforming.

As I said yesterday, Mario is focused predominantly on recruiting -- salvaging the '21 class and building relationships with the very talented '22 class. He is doing so to what many believe is detrimentally impacting the completion of his coaching staff.

The result: Our 2021 class is significantly better than what many of us anticipated (despite what might be a disappointing finish) due predominantly to Mario. We are off to a great start with 2022 targets. We have been mediocre at best with the Portal. Staff is incomplete and the subject of national ridicule (strong word and a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point).

Riley, on the other hand, is saying F recruiting (to some extent). I am going to hire the best staff money can buy and then go out and dominate the Portal. 2022 will take care of itself because winning next year will ultimately attract ballers.

The result: USC's staff is complete and talented. He is cleaning up with portal transfers, yet his 2021 class sucks.

Better approach? Only time will tell. It is too soon to judge. I am not counting Mario out, but he needs to nail these hires to make it worthwhile for me.
Good points but the Portal ain’t done until fall camp starts. ‘21 recruiting ends tomorrow

The result: His staff is complete. He is cleaning up with portal transfers, yet his 2021 class sucks.

I think the main difference, and this IMO, is that Riley is set on being in the NFL in two years, which Mario is building a long term project built to improve now, but win big for a long while. Riley already has a foot out the door IMO.

USC currently has the 65th best class, he's going hard in the portal for a lot of guys that will be gone very soon, which will affect their roster in the future. Riley seems to be in "win now" mode, the future be damned.

Advertisement
I think the main difference, and this IMO, is that Riley is set on being in the NFL in two years, which Mario is building a long term project built to improve now, but win big for a long while. Riley already has a foot out the door IMO.

USC currently has the 65th best class, he's going hard in the portal for a lot of guys that will be gone very soon, which will affect their roster in the future. Riley seems to be in "win now" mode, the future be damned.
Agree with Riley's short-term view and how it might accelerate his long-term objective.

If we set aside the unknown NFL aspirations, which approach is better for USC? I am not sure but I do like Riley's approach since winning next year will allow USC to cleanup with West coast kids.

Advertisement
Best bbq I have had was in Dallas place called Pecan Lodge outstanding
It’s okay, a little n the peaty side. If you get a chance to be in Dallas on a Thursday or Friday, please do yourself the pleasure of trying Cattleack BBQ - It‘s an unforgettable experience. But you better get there early, they are only open 2 days a week; that’s right, Th-Fr from 10:30-2pm but all the meat is gone by 1 for sure.

My boy DJack hipped me to it, he asked the chef if the beef rib was tender. Dude grabbed one and hit the table with the bottom of the bone, it was so tender that all of the meat just fell right off that bytch. I’d kill somebody for one them Cattle ribs right now.
A59AEA1D-EF23-476E-9B06-A195700FAEA2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back