Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
I consider deep dish and NY pizza to be too different. I normally go for NY style pizza for usual pizza outings. But when I want deep-dish, it just hits the spot.

This. Prices are stupid right now.

Coach gets a mid-to-high six-figure salary (coordinator gets 7-figure salary). He qualifies for a mortgage.

Are the mortgage payments higher in Miami than in a college town? Sure, for the couple of years a guy lives in Miami vs. a college town, the mortgage payments are higher. Does the coach make a ****-ton more in gain when selling that Miami house a couple of years later, way more than the gain that would arise in a couple of years in a college town? Sure.

Further tax implications - personal residence sale gains up to $500K are exempt from tax. To quote Whiz and Iceman, "Mo money, mo money, mo money."

Advertisement
Coach gets a mid-to-high six-figure salary (coordinator gets 7-figure salary). He qualifies for a mortgage.

Are the mortgage payments higher in Miami than in a college town? Sure, for the couple of years a guy lives in Miami vs. a college town, the mortgage payments are higher. Does the coach make a ****-ton more in gain when selling that Miami house a couple of years later, way more than the gain that would arise in a couple of years in a college town? Sure.

Further tax implications - personal residence sale gains up to $500K are exempt from tax. To quote Whiz and Iceman, "Mo money, mo money, mo money."
worked out well for us.

Yeah , this board " reported it". Just like It reported Kevin Smith would be the rb coach days before anyone on a premium site. Or Ladson would be transferring back in Dec.Also Parrish days before he commited. Or Mcclemdon interviewed for the Uga job and would take it if offerered. Nobody , I repeat nobody had that last week. Lastly this site reported Nunez rumors was bs and there was a power five Ad in talks. Two days later Rad pops up. I'll happily bump that thread if ya want and you can time stamp it.

That's just a few examples in recent weeks. This board has 4-5 posters more plugged in then than all the premium sites so rolling your eyes or clowning it in multiple posts doesnt make you right or true.
This board has also had a lot of misses you conveniently didn’t mention there.

That’s the thing about this board. Real life reputation isn’t hurt with misses.

Advertisement
If only someone had thought of this years ago...or earlier in this thread...

View attachment 175447

Weirdo.

⬇️ You........................................Us⬇️

pay up george wendt GIF

Today's stop on the "I don't care what you think I am right about NYC pizza so shut up" tour is DiFara's. FYI this is a master class slash pizza Ted Talk. If you claim to know a little something about pizza, you can skip all the words below because you've most certainly made the pilgrimage, but for the Papa John's and Little Caesars kids, take notes.

Dom opened DiFara's in deep Brooklyn (Midwood) in 1965 and he still makes the pizzas there quite often. Up until maybe three years ago, he made all off them. His beautiful soul hunches (literally - his back is busted from almost 50 years of pizza making - he SUFFERS for our joy) over every pie, slowly adding each ingredient as a block-long line of tourist schmucks lose their minds waiting. DiFara's is my death row pizza, so there's that. And no, I am not confirming whether I have or have not killed a man, but be careful. The secret? They give a crap. That and he also used the best ingredients the world has to offer, and their oven has the remains of 1,000,000 dead pizza souls seasoning it for all eternity. That matters. When your pie finally comes out, you will reach for it, trying to get it into your mouth before the drool dripping from your face hits the counter, but alas, he will pull it back from your grasp, because he hasn't hand-cut any fresh basil over it yet. Don't worry, it will still be so f'ing hot when you get it the first bit will scald your entire mouth so much you will start googling hospitals (Mt. Sanai, Brooklyn is your best bet - if you're so burnt you can't speak just bring the top of the DiFara's pizza box and show it to them, they will know what to do). The second bite is where you're going to do the permanent damage though, because their pizza is so good you won't stop eating it just because of some mouth trauma.

Also don't sleep on their squares.

Also, become my friend. Dom let's me rent the joint out for unlimited pizzas at night every once in a while when I'm in the city. Bring good wine please.

View attachment 175436

View attachment 175437

View attachment 175438

View attachment 175441

View attachment 175445

View attachment 175446
Been going there since the late 60s....my Dad would take me there all the time...

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back