Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show-me-Im-waiting-GIF.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because most people don't walk into a car dealership and offers to overpay $30k for a car just bc they feel like it.

Foolishly overspending bc you feel it "justifies" you as a new power doesn't always have those positive benefits some think. It can make you look desperate. It can make you look like you don't know what you're doing. I will always respect the tactful finance guy over the guy who walks in the room with his BSD letting the room know how he views himself. I would bet many agree putting that $8M number out there wasn't a sound tactic by UM. The hires you make on your staff and the money fans see in your facilities/program do the talking for you.
The car analogy does not really apply here though.

With the companies I help consult in corporate, I agree and see that spending foolishly doesn’t always get you results. But spending wisely doesn’t always equal a fiscally conservative mentality. If you are in a war for talent let’s say in your niche, you don’t want to find yourself continuously on the losing end. You need to be able to get and retain your talent in corporate.

In this market, whether corporate or cfb, you don’t want to be the ones paying good to below avg salaries. It’s ok to pick your spots and be aggressive where it will give you an advantage.

Advertisement
Mario lmfao

It's been almost 2 months and buddy can't fill a staff :ROFLMAO:

You'd think he was building a model rocket to compete with Tesla. Nah, he's locked into an intense competition with Houston for a coordinator. Sheesh.
February 2nd could be a blood bath on here if things don’t fall the right way.

An absolute bucket of blood. Like Beatrice Kiddo killing the Crazy 88’s blood shed.

Why so concerned with 5pm? News will come from national media first i.e. Bruce Feldman, Thamel, etc and those guys will break news at any time of the night lol

Advertisement
I really think Brady thinking he’s going to get an OC job in the NFL is a pipe dream..I mean he’s got what 2 years with the Saints as an analyst and had nothing to do with calling plays cause Payton did that.Then one year as WR coach and passing game coordinator with LSU and kind of split play calling with Steve Ensminger that helped produce one of the greatest offenses in the history of CFB.This job was also off a major recommendation from Sean Payton that he gave Orgeron for him to even get the job.Then he left LSU for Carolina where he was hired as OC off that great year at LSU and was fired halfway through the season though people say it was Rhules fault 🤷‍♂️

What I’m looking at if I’m an NFL GM is that the guy really only has 2 years of calling plays ( really not even that if you consider he split PC at LSU and was fired halfway through his Carolina stint) and one of those he was working under someone else and the other one he wasn’t very successful and got fired halfway through the season no matter whose fault it was it’s on his resume.

So as much as I’d like to have him at Miami if I’m a NFL GM there’s no way I’m putting him back into an OC position until he gets a lot more experience and can prove that he’s capable of handling things at the next level.

So looking at his resume I don’t see any GM putting him in charge of their offense off what he has done so I see no reason whatsoever why he should not take the UM job cause I personally don’t think there’s any chance he gets offered an OC job in the NFL…..obviously this is just my opinion and like ******** everyone has one.

Advertisement
Paying 1.6 - 2.00 for a top shelf DC isn’t over spending. Your first hires are very important , why not get the exact person you want and get it right? If Houston offers 1.2 - 1.5 , offer 1.6 - 1.8 and say sign the contract. Thats my point In this fake scenario.

I never said it was.

I was simply responding to the comment about "Why does the amount matter if we're willing to spend big amounts we've never seen before at UM?"

You pay market value. If the market is 1.6-2.0 and that's the market Belk is seeing and he's YOUR guy, then you pay him. But to simply offer $2M because you can, with zero context of market and value of that candidate, make zero sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back