Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t let the panic of this board force you into the thinking there’s no one else out there who could get the job done. There are always options
I’m assuming we struck out on Schumann. Who are the viable options?

Advertisement
13 minutes

Celebrate Sean Burke GIF by Dream Team FC

Advertisement
Advertisement
From Ferman on the DC.

I am hearing that Houston continues to up the ante to try to keep Doug Belk from going to Miami. It ultimately will be a question of where he wants to be in my opinion.

Clint Hurtt is officially out. Look for him to be named the DC of the Seattle Seahawks today.

If Belk takes himself out of the running, the next guy up would probably be Anthony Campanile from the Dolphins but the holdup there is that Brian Flores might want him as his defensive coordinator wherever he lands and the Dolphins are also intent on keeping their defensive staff together.

If Brian Daboll gets the Dolphins job or the Giants job, I am hearing he wants Josh Boyer, the current Dolphins DC as his DC.

So if Daboll goes to the fins, that would leave Campanile for Mario to offer if he chooses.
we gotta lower expectations if we can’t pull Belk from Houston lol

Why does the amount matter if we're willing to spend big amounts we've never seen before at UM?

Because most people don't walk into a car dealership and offers to overpay $30k for a car just bc they feel like it.

Foolishly overspending bc you feel it "justifies" you as a new power doesn't always have those positive benefits some think. It can make you look desperate. It can make you look like you don't know what you're doing. I will always respect the tactful finance guy over the guy who walks in the room with his BSD letting the room know how he views himself. I would bet many agree putting that $8M number out there wasn't a sound tactic by UM. The hires you make on your staff and the money fans see in your facilities/program do the talking for you.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because most people don't walk into a car dealership and offers to overpay $30k for a car just bc they feel like it.

Foolishly overspending bc you feel it "justifies" you as a new power doesn't always have those positive benefits some think. It can make you look desperate. It can make you look like you don't know what you're doing. I will always respect the tactful finance guy over the guy who walks in the room with his BSD letting the room know how he views himself. I would bet many agree putting that $8M number out there wasn't a sound tactic by UM. The hires you make on your staff and the money fans see in your facilities/program do the talking for you.
Paying 1.6 - 2.00 for a top shelf DC isn’t over spending. Your first hires are very important , why not get the exact person you want and get it right? If Houston offers 1.2 - 1.5 , offer 1.6 - 1.8 and say sign the contract. Thats my point In this fake scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back