Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
1642102898922.gif
Make the MF hires

I dont particularly care about the announcements. I dont seriously hear any kids saying that staff situation is a problem. That is the only time when i would have an issue. The kids know, i will stick with that. The only people freaking out are the media and news hungry fans. I would like to know whats the purpose or strategy behind the delay. If i dont find out....do i care? No. Its the offseason.

There’s a kid that’s got family communicating back channel and may jump in the portal.. huge position of need and very good and wants to be at Miami… Mario can’t tell him who the DC is. So if that doesn’t happen by Monday he’s probably gonna stick where he’s at with classes starting back.

If someone says a DC is hired they’re lying as far as I know. Lots throwing around the term ‘indecisive’ and I can’t confirm or deny for sure but definitely looking that way. Maybe the hire makes the waiting make sense but right now it doesn’t.
That's a shame man. I'm really hoping that we look back at this and say that the waiting made sense and we got the right staff. But this is becoming a pattern with Mario and indecisiveness.

Advertisement
That's a shame man. I'm really hoping that we look back at this and say that the waiting made sense and we got the right staff. But this is becoming a pattern with Mario and indecisiveness.
Yeah not looking good going into a recruiting weekend

Advertisement
Lmao at the handwringing.

“oh noes we might lose a kid that may come here if he feels like it but might not because he might like the school hes at and classes start and no kid ever transfers after classes start because all of a sudden we’ve decided Mario can’t hire coache even tho he has a proven track record of picking good coaches including the 5 he’s hired here so like the stud RB coach he just hired because a “insider” said so“

get a grip pussies

Advertisement
Some of y’all whove been waiting to freak out (or acting like you’re just barely holding it together all week) were going to find a reason at some point to let it all go anyway.

It’s easy to say “this isn’t ideal and will have consequences” instead of “I really hoped Mario would do well here but this pretty much shows me he can’t hack it”.

yo! We got anything?
Wrestling gifs.

We may lose a coach.

Everyone who is growing a little impatient re the lack of hires thinks Mario is in over his head.

Mario makes 8 million a year so he can't do anything wrong.

Oh, and this. We have Briles locked up but don't want to move on him until the Bills are knocked out of the playoffs and Dorsey gives us his final answer.

Pussies must get a grip.

My guy, you have to stop with the straw man. I can't find one person on this board who has said Mario's in over his head. Some of us, however, are noting that there could be some negative consequences to taking so long and have criticized Mario accordingly.
Go look at my posting history. I'm being quite facetious

Advertisement
So one of the guys 247's guys considered a finalist for the DC job at Miami, even saying he's one of 2 top finalist as recently as this week, isn't even interested in coaching at the college level.

In other words, the 247 guys don't know anything when it comes to who is really up for that job. I don't say that as a dig at 247 either. Mario it's just not letting anything leak. Everyone is guessing and have been guessing this whole time.
Is it possible Hurtt pulled a Nunez, and is trying to save face after not getting picked?

I haven’t. Others have.

I think Mario is trying to hire NFL guys because he wants model us after Bama, as he’s said in interviews.

I actually would prefer if we hired an X’s & O’s guru type from a G5, but I don’t think that’s gonna happen.

The only justifiable reason for the prolonged search is because he’s trying to get NFL guys, if he was just going to hire some college coordinators it would’ve been done already because all the candidates he would be going after their season has been over for weeks now & most of them are/were making significantly less than what we would be able to offer them.

For example; if it were someone like Sean Lewis ( I don’t believe it is), his season was officially over on 12/21 & he’s only making a little over $400,000 a year, if he were a candidate for the OC job it wouldn’t take a month & half to figure out if he wants to leave Kent Ohio & potentially make $1.5-2million dollars a year. That’s a scenario where you or your agent gets a phone call on 12/27 & the deal is accepted by 12/31, you immediately get a moving company & start looking for houses, have the team meeting with your players & inform them you’re out, then head down to Miami.

Point being, there’s not many scenarios where a college coach be he G5 or P5 would have to take too long to decide if he wants $1-2mill to live & work in State tax free Florida for a year or two...

The only situation that makes logical sense to me, is if you’re scrounging through the Rolodex looking for NFL guys who are mostly all still just starting to interview for jobs.
This makes sense. Lots of moving pieces in the NFL right now.

FWIW miamiflo has been saying for a couple weeks now that he knows wo the oc and dc are.He's mentioned he doesn't undetstand what Mario is waiting for to make it public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back