Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Just checked his 247 recruit history and was very disappointed for a supposed “monster” on the trail… whoever UNC has Is a true monster on the DMV trail… this dude not so much.

What weren’t you impressed with? The double digit blue chips he has gotten to sign with Maryland and BC and beat out OSU, PSU, Michigan, UF and several others for as their primary recruiter?
Oh I know, because he doesn’t have a “5*” listed on his 247 coaching page resume huh? Ah well, you are entitled to your opinion. BTW, what UNC coach are you referring to? Dre Bly? Well, that isn’t the DMV that he cuts his teeth in but carry on.

You think Hartline is ready for an OC job at a school like Cincy? He's been a WR coach for like 4 years and Fickell is a defensive background head coach. I'd be surprised if Fickell hired somebody with zero coordinator experience.
I don't want to derail this thread (to any extent that it can be) with tooooo much talk about football in godforsaken Ohio and you definitely make a valid point.

I just think it's not a great THAT great a leap for one of the most elite recruiters AND position coaches in the country to make the jump to OC and especially one at a G5 school in the same state (no matter how hot that G5 school is right now).

****, Urbie went from a positions coach at Notre Dame to HEAD Coach at Bowling Green.

Fickell is obviously familiar with the Hartlines too as he hired Mike to his staff with basically zero prior experience.

Advertisement
I don't want to derail this thread (to any extent that it can be) with tooooo much talk about football in godforsaken Ohio and you definitely make a valid point.

I just think it's not a great THAT great a leap for one of the most elite recruiters AND position coaches in the country to make the jump to OC and especially one at a G5 school in the same state (no matter how hot that G5 school is right now).

****, Urbie went from a positions coach at Notre Dame to HEAD Coach at Bowling Green.

Fickell is obviously familiar with the Hartlines too as he hired Mike to his staff with basically zero prior experience.
The cream always rises to the top. We are just usually bystanders, relying on message board fodder for information so we never know but as you said, if the person is elite, they can and will make that jump.

Going after Aazaar makes it seem Schumann is the pick at DC since Mason and Partridge double up as DB coaches.

That would make it:
DC/LB: Schumann
DL: Salave'a
DB: T-Rob
CB: Aazaar

Maybe we can add an additional DL or LB coach

TVD also played god awful in the first half against FSU, before proceeding to light it up in the second half.

You can’t judge a guy after watching a handful of series. Just my opinion.
He did light it up. Remind me who won that game. You also cant assume that Corral wont keep throwing INTs, getting sacked and leading his team to no points. And did you also compare FSU D to Baylor D.

Aazar would be legit ….

Another guy that has cut his teeth, developed good units, and is a monster on the trail. He used to be the HC at one of the best programs in America and would have us in the game for every prospect from the DMV. Very, very bright coach. I would LOVE that move.

He's making around 400,000 at Boston College. Double his salary to 800,000, give him the position of Safeties/PGC, and wrap it up. T-Rob at CB and Rahim at S is an elite coaching staff in the secondary and just a hellish monster on the recruiting trail.

Advertisement
I'm having trouble thinking of recent NFL offensive position coaches with zero experience in college coaching jumping down to be a college OC and having success.

The guy that sticks out as a comparable is Jake Peetz. Was Carolina's QB coach, had limited experience in college football, and was LSU's OC last year. It did not go well for him.

Can anyone think of guys with a similar resume to Dorsey's that's come down and been effective?

He's making around 400,000 at Boston College. Double his salary to 800,000, give him the position of Safeties/PGC, and wrap it up. T-Rob at CB and Rahim at S is an elite coaching staff in the secondary and just a hellish monster on the recruiting trail.

Oh you don’t need to double a guys salary to get him from BC to UM. You could get him here for less than what’s he’s making if he were smart. But $500k and no state taxes would make everyone feel warm and fuzzy.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He did light it up. Remind me who won that game. You also cant assume that Corral wont keep throwing INTs, getting sacked and leading his team to no points. And did you also compare FSU D to Baylor D.
We lost because of our defense, not TVD.

I’m not saying Ole Miss would have won, but they definitely put up more than 7 points. Corral was a Heisman contender all season.

Meanwhile their coach, Lane the QB guru and best Xs and Os coach ever, couldn’t scheme up more than 7 points with a much more talented team. Not a peep from the lane train.
Not on the "Lane Train" whatever the f**k that's supposed to mean but regardless Kiffin is a fantastic X's and O's coach and he's great with QBs. What's your point? That Baylor humbled them? That happens my man. That's the nature of competition and life. I love how some on here lurk in the shadows and wait for a well regarded coach to lose so they can maniacally wave their hands around and say "look everyone this defensive guru got a 40 spot dropped on him! Where are all his slurpers now?" or "Hey guysum! That offensive genius got shut down huhuh he sucks huhu!" The above is a prime example of how much of a cesspool this place has become. Rational discussion be damned. Context be damned! I could go on but why bother?

Come On Love GIF by CBC
Just like everyone else here groping in darkness for tasty morsels, lol

Advertisement
Going after Aazaar makes it seem Schumann is the pick at DC since Mason and Partridge double up as DB coaches.

That would make it:

Getting another DL would be awesome

That would make it:

Who becomes ST coach?

We lost because of our defense, not TVD.

I’m not saying Ole Miss would have won, but they definitely put up more than 7 points. Corral was a Heisman contender all season.
I was looking at the numbers the other day and if TVD played as many games he would have blown Corral out the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back