Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Briles runs the Veer & Shoot Offense, it’s the Veer rushing attack with the Run & Shoot passing attack...

It’s similar to the new adapted Air Raid+Spread, but it’s not the same.

Some similar concepts but fundamentally different.

And for the 100th time, Tom Herman is not coming back to college this year, he’s still being paid by Texas & he put it out through his agent literally a week ago that he has no interest in college right now, he’s staying in the NFL until his Texas contract runs out, Texas still owes him about $13-15mill.

Advertisement
Yes, Zak Hill was a name I mentioned 2 years ago, he’s from the Boise St tree, but he’s staying out west at AZU.

Tim Cramsey was one of Mario’s OC’s at FIU, but he’s not really a top choice, we can do better.
I figured you would have somethin to say. I know you got 100 questions coming at you scrambling your bain...I was asking what your thoughts are on Sowder, not Hill LOL.

Does Dorsey even want to come here?
Doubtful. He would really need convincing. He is doing a great job as Passing Game Coordinator, has turned down a couple of NFL OC offers already, continues building a quality rep in the NFL, and is a lock to get the Buffalo OC job when the OC leaves eventually. Why would he take a lesser job at UM.

Mullen isn't gonna go back to coordinating. He is a proven power 5 head coach. Just my opinion.

He is really damaged goods right now. Not just his recruiting, but his ability to hire (and fire) a good staff. His value is lower than when he left MSU by a lot. He really rubbed a LOT of people the wrong way at UF and throughout CFB. He clearly screwed up recruiting. I would be surprised if he coaches next year. Maybe the Nick Saban analyst reform school for fired coaches is in his future. It would be his best move.

You guys don't understand how much people dislike him. He was hired by the same guy for his only two HC jobs. And fired by the only other AD he ever worked under.

He's not off my lists. He's done a great job everywhere he's gone, they've run effectively, and he's an interesting candidate who is highly desired by a lot of programs. His market value is peaking. But I don't know THAT much about him once you feel back the obvious. I am not hiring the OC and I trust Mario to handle it without my fanboy message board input, so I am not floating absurd, baseless ideas... like Mullen.

Mullen... I know. And it's a bad joke to even think that Mario would give him a sniff. Which AGAIN, is why you haven't seen his name linked to the job ANYWHERE.
There isn't a head coach in the country who, if given the option, would hire Kendal Briles as his OC over Dan Mullen. Not one. That aside, you mentioned how important recruiting is, as well as culture, well Briles is a terrible recruiter and was considered a major tool by his players at FSU. There was a running joke among the players about how he started every sentence with, "my dad..." I don't believe Mario is seriously considering him. But if he's hired, I'll wish for the best. I personally think he'll be a disaster but I've been wrong many times.

Advertisement
Yeah, more than 2 years is unreasonable for someone to agree to. The market has been set - if you’re an OC and you do well for 1-2 years, you’re gonna get HC offers.
if that rumor is true my guess is we were demanding he not leave for another oc job (college or nfl) for 2 years

Advertisement
I figured you would have somethin to say. I know you got 100 questions coming at you scrambling your bain...I was asking what your thoughts are on Sowder, not Hill LOL.
He was with Dino Babers & Sterling Gilbert at Easter Illinois & Bowling Green...

They run that TX High School Pistol Offense, it’s a simple one-read offense, it’s close to the Veer as well.

But I don’t think he’d be the kinda guy we’d get, if we take any coaches from Kent St, the HC Sean Lewis is the one & no way do you go from being a G5 HC to being a P5 OC, that never happens lol.

The Briles clan actually run the ball, I believe Ark finished in the top 15 in rushing. Art ran the ball well too. This isn't some finnesse offense imo
Dont like the Briles' offense. Too much running the QB and they always get hurt. Want a QB that can throw. We saw how that worked with King. Serviceable but not the best option. No more RBs playing QB. Just my opinion

Dont like the Briles' offense. Too much running the QB and they always get hurt. Want a QB that can throw. We saw how that worked with King. Serviceable but not the best option. No more RBs playing QB. Just my opinion

He would tailor his offense to Van Dyke… we have the running backs and if we add some good pieces from the transfer portal to the OL and actually run the ball efficiently this offense will do even better than Lashlee

If you liked Lashlee’s offense then you will like Briles’ offense.

Air raid influence in the passing game and a more diversified run game. It can be modified to fit a QB like TVD and feature a down field passing attack.

If you like Lebby, you like Briles. They run the same thing.

Putting some of you on the spot with reality. You almost have to ignore what he did at FSU because it was a disaster.

Advertisement
Happy that Brady is out TBH. He had a historic season with a loaded offense but not paying a relatively inexperienced CFB OC $2 million per and giving him total control of the offense, just to have him up and leave in a year. Not a fan of Dorsey either. I get that he's a 'Miami bro' but he's a less than impressive candidate otherwise.

Briles would certainly intrigue me but Ruggiero and Grimes would be higher on my list

The Briles clan actually run the ball, I believe Ark finished in the top 15 in rushing. Art ran the ball well too. This isn't some finnesse offense imo
Correct. I remember these same conversations years ago when Jr was still there and people were eyeing him as something they would want here

Air raid influence in the passing game and a more diversified run game. It can be modified to fit a QB like TVD and feature a down field passing attack.

Putting some of you on the spot with reality. You almost have to ignore what he did at FSU because it was a disaster.

That’s why I like Briles here. It brings some continuity with Tvd. Also his Fsu run looks pretty good if you compare to FSU the previous year.

Advertisement
I would be cautious with Schuman personally.

I know he's well liked by UGA and seems like it's a great fit for him there. Doesn't mean it would be a great fit for him here. Having Smart as a head coach and Muschamp and Lanning on staff is a huge security blanket.

He's very young, has never called a D, has always worked with elite talent only (always better than his opponents) and has always worked under Saban/Smart, two of the best D head coaches in the country. To change all of that at one time is a lot to put on a young coach. No more elite defensive head coach..no more elite talent (for now)..no longer a second or third set of eyes to help with play calling and coaching/practice. It's a lot of change to expect him to do it all well.
Every point you make is valid. He is a great recruiter. He is a great LB’s coach. Lastly, he is the brains at UGA. He does ALL the game planning and he teaches the defense every week what they need to do. I can’t get personal, but trust me he’s a HUGE get and a **** football genius. He’s a fantastic fit anywhere. Here, even without the same talent, he’s a competitive advantage. Imagine knowing we’re the most prepared team. I wouldn’t expect anyone to win every game, but he’ll be the best here in two decades

That’s why I like Briles here. It brings some continuity with Tvd. Also his Fsu run looks pretty good if you compare to FSU the previous year.
With Brady out of it now, who would you say is in the lead at the moment - Briles or Dorsey?

Liking a system doesn't mean you like any guy who calls plays in that system. FSU was a disaster, in substantial part, because of his game planning and retarded play calling. It was so bad that people were demanding that Willie intervene. His misuse of Akers was beyond baffling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back