Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Bring in Art Briles as an analyst. Imagine him and Butch as analysts for Mario.
I wouldn't mind that at all. The more competent support staff the better.
Look at Saban's sprawling operation.

There’s a lot of arguments against Ken Dorsey. But the one that doesn’t make sense is the guys scared of him calling plays for the first time and then turning around and saying he will be an nfl OC soon. So the nfl isn’t scared ?

Exactly. If the guy is up for potential job at the highest level for OC in the near future, somehow he will be 'too complex' to handle the college game again.

Too funny.

I don't think he will be running the triple option or 80s power I here.

There’s a lot of arguments against Ken Dorsey. But the one that doesn’t make sense is the guys scared of him calling plays for the first time and then turning around and saying he will be an nfl OC soon. So the nfl isn’t scared ?
Liam Cohen seemed to transition fairly well, despite only having one year experience being an OC at Maine.

Dorsey come with very high praise with what appears a career that is about to really take off.

Advertisement

My only thing is, would Dorsey get the job if he didn’t play here? What you’re saying is valid, don’t get me wrong. But we have GOT to get out of this mode of thinking where the only guys who can be successful at Miami are “Miami guys”.

Would Cristobal have been hired were he not a Miami guy? Yes, he had a very prevalent P5 job and was doing very well. He was on USC’s radar, etc. But is Dorsey a candidate for the gators OC job? Clemson? I don’t think so. Not saying he can’t be successful but we need to start hiring the absolute best candidates, regardless of where they went to school or coached previously.

Advertisement
Glen Schumann to the U as our DC has a nice ring to it... just sayin'
Do Want Give It To Me GIF

My only thing is, would Dorsey get the job if he didn’t play here? What you’re saying is valid, don’t get me wrong. But we have GOT to get out of this mode of thinking where the only guys who can be successful at Miami are “Miami guys”.

Would Cristobal have been hired were he not a Miami guy? Yes, he had a very prevalent P5 job and was doing very well. He was on USC’s radar, etc. But is Dorsey a candidate for the gators OC job? Clemson? I don’t think so. Not saying he can’t be successful but we need to start hiring the absolute best candidates, regardless of where they went to school or coached previously.
That’s always the question. Let’s take Mario for example. Let say he attended West Virginia and then became a coach. His resume reads:
2 pac12 titles
1 rose bowl win
Fiesta bowl loss
Among other seasons of course

Kens resume had he attended another school:
QB coach for the panthers
QB coach for the bills
Nfl mvp under his watch(cam)
Great year from Allen under his watch

What I’m saying here is that just strictly resume Ken is a good fit. Now the million dollar question. Can he recruit? What offense will he run?

Advertisement
This thread is starting to give me PTSD from the Mario/Lane arguments on here not long ago. Seems like Joe Brady is the majority choice. Id be excited about him. But there is no guarantee we are going to get him. Briles is good option to have in the interview pipeline. We need someone with QB expertise on staff. Its not Mario, so needs to be the OC or a QB coach. I think a lot of the Briles flack is because he still carries that $hitstain stench on him from his FSU stint. Im guessing thats where most of this board ever watched any of his offense. It was terrible. God awful wouldnt be too strong a statement. It did improve though from before he got there. But if we are giving Joe Brady a pass for Carolina with the cant make chicken soup out of chicken **** argument, I think the same can be said for Briles and his stint at FSU. That roster sucked.

Id love to hear what people mean when they say his system is gimmicky? I watched some games when he was at Houston that year. I have a terrible memory, but I dont remember his system that way. Is he running the statue of liberty and annexation of Puerto Rico?

Again, with no guarantees that Mario and Brady can agree, what are other options? (Im keeping Dorsey out of my mind...sort of in the way I didnt want Mattingly to coach the Yankees).

- Lebby is gone.
- Would have gotten a throbbing wood over Kittley but he is gone.
- Would like Graham Harrell in the mix but that isnt happening.
- Andrew Sowder had the 8th best offense in the country at Kent St?? Worth a look? Anyone know anything about him?
- Ruggierro did wonders this year.
- Tim Cramsey from Marshall? Had the 10th highest rated offense this year and was also QB coach where his QB Grant Wells was FotY in CUSA last year.

Not advocating for any of these cats. I dont know their systems enough to do that. The Briles vs Brady argument is giving me a headache and needed to see other names. Consider this post part of my therapy.

I want Brady, but Briles would be a very good hire, imo. I’m so into Schumman for DC that I’ll be disappointed if we don’t land him. I saw @JayCane20 mentioned hearing about staff officially a day or two before signing day. Is that still on track?

Advertisement
I want Brady, but Briles would be a very good hire, imo. I’m so into Schumman for DC that I’ll be disappointed if we don’t land him. I saw @JayCane20 mentioned hearing about staff officially a day or two before signing day. Is that still on track?
Meant 1 maybe 2 get announced prior to signing day. Not staff announced 1-2 days before lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back