Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Coley & Rod Chance me. Now!!

They would be solid contributors because Coley has been here before, knows Miami, the traffic patters in the Palmetto and how to drop bags.

Rod Chance is a local boy. Knows the Broward traffic patters very well on I-95. Worked with Mario before.

Advertisement
I think the issue is Mario and T-Rob already had some bad blood between them, and it's amateur hour if he hadn't considered this exact thing happening. A competent coach would know that the chances of keeping a coach with whom he has a rocky relationship is very low. Maybe he convinces the assistant coach to stay another year, but long term, no chance.

And if one of the best CB coaches in the country reaches out as has been alleged, a competent HC - without any hesitation - makes a preemptive move and tells the other guy that he isn't being retained.

This board would be in full meltdown mode if Raymond had reached out, Diaz turned him down, then T-Rob walked.
Unfortunately I have to agree 💯

Better than Corey Haim.
corey haim 80s movies GIF by absurdnoise

Advertisement
There are other metrics that judge efficiency, I'm not cherry picking here I just really like the correlation between yards per play and success and the numbers are rough on Ruggiero

Wake Forest YPP under Ruggiero

2014 - 3.0 yards per play - ranked 128 out 128 and DOWN from 4.1 from previous OC in 2013. next closest team was 127th ranked S Methodist at 3.8 ypp
2015 - 4.3 yards per play - ranked 119th
2016 - 4.3 yards per play - ranked 125th
2017 - 6.1 yards per play - ranked 25th (john wolford senior year)
2018 - 5.2 yards per play - ranked 90th
2019 - 5.5 yards per play - ranked 74th
2020 - 5.2 yards per play - ranked 82nd
2021 - 5.8 yards per play - ranked 48th (Sam Hartman senior year - coming back for super senior year in 2022)

factual information, no bias.

he's bad when he doesn't have a VERY experienced QB, and even then he's decent.

he had good offenses at bowling green back in the day (but didn't everyone) however since we're in the ACC as well, isn't the wake forest the only resume that matters at this point?

Advertisement

At least we have 2 OL guys on campus plus a Samoan to help get this beast

This is what I don’t think a lot of fans fully understand about Mario. I totally get that people have their concerns about the disadvantages of not having coordinators hired and how that might negatively affect recruiting at this junction. And that seems to be the major complaint made by people who are up in arms about us not having things settled: but what about our remaining targets and NSD?

But here’s the thing - Mario fvckin Cristobal is out there recruiting too, HIGHLY respected and the closer of all closers. From the transfers we’ve gotten to the Cyrus Mosses and Skinners of the world, does it seem like all the 5 stars and the top 100 4 stars care about who the OC or DC will be? I’m sure some may know this already, but if it weren’t for Mario I guarantee you this EPD doesn’t happen and the lesser equivalent under a different HC would be nowhere near what this event is looking to be.

I understand the impatience and frustration, I’m in that same boat. I am a slave to this thread outside of work (and sometimes at work). But none of our insiders have given us reason to panic. We’ll look back on this as another ridiculous, manic CIS episode when it’s all said and done.

Advertisement
I think the issue is Mario and T-Rob already had some bad blood between them, and it's amateur hour if he hadn't considered this exact thing happening. A competent coach would know that the chances of keeping a coach with whom he has a rocky relationship is very low. Maybe he convinces the assistant coach to stay another year, but long term, no chance.

And if one of the best CB coaches in the country reaches out as has been alleged, a competent HC - without any hesitation - makes a preemptive move and tells the other guy that he isn't being retained.

This board would be in full meltdown mode if Raymond had reached out, Diaz turned him down, then T-Rob walked.

Didn’t Raymond accept the UFãg job 2 days after Mario was hired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back