Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Bruuuuuuuhhhhh LOLOLOL
Bruh, I’m
1642724876556.gif

Sounds like Ruggiero if you look at Roman's second tweet.

Bring me this f'ing savage.

Wake Forest (2014-Present)
  • Ruggiero, head coach Dave Clawson and their offensive staff have engineered an offense that has rewritten the record books at Wake Forest.
    • The Deacons have set over 350 school records including marks for points scored, points per game, total offensive yards, first downs and passing yards over the past five seasons.
    • Following the 2021 regular season, Ruggiero was named a finalist for the prestigious Broyles Award. The award honors the top assistant coach in the country, and he was one of five finalists among nominees from every FBS institution.
  • Wake Forest is the only football program in the ACC to average at least 30 points per game each year since 2017.
  • Since the start of the 2017 season, Wake Forest’s 142 touchdown passes are the most of any school in the ACC and tied for the seventh most among all Power 5 teams. Additionally during that span, the Deacs 271 total touchdown passes are the second-most in the ACC behind Clemson.
    • Wake Forest has a combined 12 games with 50 points or more over the last five seasons, ranking second in the ACC.
    • The scores have led Wake Forest to total 2,198 points over the past five seasons and average 35.5 ppg. Both those marks rank second in the ACC behind Clemson as well, respectively.
    • All the totals are the most of any five-year period in school history.
    • Ruggiero helped the Deacs get to 70 points during the season on Oct. 23 at Army when his offensive group scored that total in just 17:17.

Click to read more:

Advertisement
I have a feeling this is going to play out until early to mid February. I don’t like it because we’re recruiting with an arm tied but I think Mario is confident that he can manage 2022 recruiting with the staff in the building.

I think once nsd is over Mario will refocus on the staff left to hire. It’s frustrating but I’m hoping Mario’s slow process yields us quality coaches.

On the bright side 247 reported that Mario is offering 1.7 million for the OC spot which would places us in the top 2 as far as the salary. That should help him land a high quality guy.

Advertisement

• Ruggiero, head coach Dave Clawson and their offensive staff have engineered an offense that has rewritten the record books at Wake Forest.
    • The Deacons have set over 350 school records including marks for points scored, points per game, total offensive yards, first downs and passing yards over the past five seasons.
    • Following the 2021 regular season, Ruggiero was named a finalist for the prestigious Broyles Award. The award honors the top assistant coach in the country, and he was one of five finalists among nominees from every FBS institution.
  • Wake Forest is the only football program in the ACC to average at least 30 points per game each year since 2017.
  • Since the start of the 2017 season, Wake Forest’s 142 touchdown passes are the most of any school in the ACC and tied for the seventh most among all Power 5 teams. Additionally during that span, the Deacs 271 total touchdown passes are the second-most in the ACC behind Clemson.
    • Wake Forest has a combined 12 games with 50 points or more over the last five seasons, ranking second in the ACC.
    • The scores have led Wake Forest to total 2,198 points over the past five seasons and average 35.5 ppg. Both those marks rank second in the ACC behind Clemson as well, respectively.
    • Ruggiero helped the Deacs get to 70 points during the season on Oct. 23 at Army when his offensive group scored that total in just 17:17.

Click to read more:

Interesting. He was HC at Glenville State following Rich Rod when Rich Rod became the OC at Tulane in 1997.

Advertisement

Click to read more:

would be a bad hire imo. ranked near the bottom of all statistical categories in all years but this one (with sam hartman and the incredible WR they had) and 2017(wolford)

crazy what two good qb's can do for a bad OC

Hindsight is crazy bro. It’s always looks worse after it blows up. If t-rob don’t pull this stunt nobody would be like this lol

I think the issue is Mario and T-Rob already had some bad blood between them, and it's amateur hour if he hadn't considered this exact thing happening. A competent coach would know that the chances of keeping a coach with whom he has a rocky relationship is very low. Maybe he convinces the assistant coach to stay another year, but long term, no chance.

And if one of the best CB coaches in the country reaches out as has been alleged, a competent HC - without any hesitation - makes a preemptive move and tells the other guy that he isn't being retained.

This board would be in full meltdown mode if Raymond had reached out, Diaz turned him down, then T-Rob walked.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back