Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Mario really going to roll into this Elite Day Camp with 4 coaches having 30+ of the best in the nation on campus focused on UM? Wtf is he thinking - he’s not outsmarting anyone….HIRE COORDINATORS
I understand your point...but the Junior Day stuff I'm not really concerned about. Like you have to have coordinators by Spring ball lol, it would be completely asinine not to. On top of that, these coordinators need time to prepare for spring ball and analyze the roster, so at the very latest, we should have guys in place shortly after signing day. Plus with those Juniors, there's plenty of time to make promises now and worry about the rest later, or even if it hurts now, to make up ground later both with recruiting and their performance on the field in 2022. If there's one thing Mario and the guys currently on staff (T-Rob, BMac, big Joe, Mirabal, Smith, plus all the off-field guys) can do **** well, it's recruit; so I'm not too worried about that.

Now the (current, subject to change) lack of success in the transfer portal at positions of dire need...yeah that's a bit concerning, and I would guess that not having both coordinators is something that has been used against us to negatively recruit. Ladson and Parrish are awesome don't get me wrong, and will absolutely bring out more competition in their respective position groups...but I'd argue there wasn't a pressing need for them, not over Linebackers, defensive tackles, cornerbacks, etc.

In the end, we just have to be patient - and it sucks, because the longer this takes, the more negative perceptions can arise...but Mario doesn't give a rat's a$$ about optics, just like how Frenk and co. didn't give a rat's a$$ about the whole "not firing Manny, let Mario finish out his season" optics and how that looked on a national scale.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Is Mario really going to roll into this Elite Day Camp with 4 coaches having 30+ of the best in the nation on campus focused on UM? Wtf is he thinking - he’s not outsmarting anyone….HIRE COORDINATORS
4?
We have have coaches already for Strength, OL, DL, TE, DB, RB, & WR… with some support staff hired already…

Advertisement
For the people that didn’t know Belk was black. 😆

11JbbNHfXBqqhq.gif

Had the same thought. Mario had said staff would be set by the end of the dead period. That hasn't happened. Then to go into that camp with the best attendee list in recent memory and not have either coordinator announced? It's unwise, I'd say. Not to mention trying to land a Shemar by NSD without having a D-coordinator in place. It's hard not to draw a line between us striking out on so many defensive transfers and not having a coaching staff in place.

Advertisement
I feel like it’s 99.9% they are both coming from the nfl at this point, right?
I would assume the longer this takes, the less likely guys such as Schumann and Briles are the primary choices...unless they turned us down (no idea). Timeline also wouldn't make sense to just wait and not hire them as well, unless there's some contract negotiations in the works or certain clauses that indicate if they leave before x date, they're subject to forfeiting money or something (just me spitballing potential reasons here, I truly have no idea).

Briles has been done coaching for 16 days now, so I'd be shocked if he was our O-coordinator. Schumann has been done for a week now, and while that certainly doesn't rule him out, the whole four down lineman comment (yes I know UGA runs a multiple front sometimes, but they love their three-man approach) has me weary it's him...plus the longer it goes without his name brought up, the more he looks like Briles in this scenario.

The whole "Belk to ND" rumor is simply that, but that just leaves us with Mason (or names we haven't heard much of) as of right now. Mason would be fantastic imo.

I feel like it’s 99.9% they are both coming from the nfl at this point, right?
Not necessarily imho, I would say that the top candidates are NFL guys but if we are unable to close the deals we might check back to some CFB coordinators.

Advertisement
Agreed. Belk is next man up if Holgorsen is fired or retired or got another job. Baker and Manny definitely not in this man's class.
Both of you completely missed the point. The point had nothing to do with comparing them as coaches, it was that Belk or Mason would be going there as the DC but not to actually run their own defense, to run the Head Coach's defense who will be in control. You know, exactly like Blake Baker came here to do for Manny

Both of you completely missed the point. The point had nothing to do with comparing them as coaches, it was that Belk or Mason would be going there as the DC but not to actually run their own defense, to run the Head Coach's defense who will be in control. You know, exactly like Blake Baker came here to do for Manny
Got the point and wasn't $hittin on it at all. How does what I posted contradict what you posted. I get the parallel you were making.

Advertisement
Had the same thought. Mario had said staff would be set by the end of the dead period. That hasn't happened. Then to go into that camp with the best attendee list in recent memory and not have either coordinator announced? It's unwise, I'd say. Not to mention trying to land a Shemar by NSD without having a D-coordinator in place. It's hard not to draw a line between us striking out on so many defensive transfers and not having a coaching staff in place.
He didn't say staff would be "set". He just said more staff would be hired by then. Don't recall exact quote so paraphrasing. The exact quote has been posted here for so you can look up.

He didn't say staff would be "set". He just said more staff would be hired by then. Don't recall exact quote so paraphrasing. The exact quote has been posted here for so you can look up.
You are correct. He never said whole staff WOULD be hired by then

Got the point and wasn't $hittin on it at all. How does what I posted contradict what you posted. I get the parallel you were making.
Comparing them as coaches had nothing to do with it, which is what you both seemed to do, but If I misread the situation I apologize.

I’m a die hard bills fan but here’s the thing both the OC Daboll and DC Frazier are openly interviewing for head coaching jobs now and they’ll take them if offered but that’s not causing the team any distractions, that’s why I don’t see why Dorsey would be a distraction at all that’s why I think he must not be a real candidate for the Miami OC job

And yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back