Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Bell is an interesting guy. I would be happy with the hire but there are a few red flags: mainly Houston had a super weak schedule allowing his defense to pad the stats against inferior competition.

But when they played a team with a pulse, they gave up points. They even let USF put up big time points against them.

View attachment 172256

F+ (S&P+ combined with FEI) has Houston as the 22nd best defense of 2021.

And that adjusts for strength of offense played.

So even with the schedule, they pretty **** good.

Advertisement
Lol. We need an unbiased expert in Mexican culture and tacos.

There's a little spot that opened in Orlando called MX Tacos. Earlier in his career, the owner lived and worked in Mexico. His menu is a map of Mexico and he makes different tacos from different regions. He has his own off-site tortilla maker and he won't tell anyone her name. Guy is hardcore passionate about authentic Mexican food.

One day a week he makes posole, and on Saturdays he does al pastor tacos for a few hours. He doesn't have the zoning to do the rotisserie cooking the way he wants to for al pastor, so he does it off-site and brings it in while it is still warm.

He puts pineapple in the al pastor tacos. I trust the guy's expertise.

Advertisement
It was close , I almost flipped
1642128693656.gif

Advertisement
Kevin Steele is a solid DC, but he runs some complicated stuff. His big knock at Clemson was it was a hard defense to learn.

Not suggesting him as a candidate but along the same lines as Steele, a lot of people were talking about this guy as DC when Richt came here

Advertisement
I'm new to the Orlando area, but came across this Mexican stand in flea-market off OBT where they have several Mexican stands by region...the Michoacan stand had some really tasty stuff, including tacos al pastor...yummy.

Haven't been down there in many years (for the obvious reasons), but I might venture out.

There's a place just south of the flea market called Tortas El Rey, I definitely recommend it.

To the east of the Flea Market, on Orange Avenue, is a little spot called Taqueria Ameca. Another one that I highly recommend.

In another reply, I mentioned MX Taco on Bumby, amazing place, I've met the owner several times, very nice guy. Legit food, he makes posole on Thursday.

I've just started going to a new place up on 17-92 in Maitland called Jalapeno's Mexican Eats, I've been twice in 2 weeks. Family owned and operated, both times I've been, it was the daughter who was the only one working.

There's a place up on Lee Road called Mi Gordita Loca, I found it just before COVID a couple of years ago, so I've only been there once, and it's very good.

Finally, if you are ever way north, up in Sorrento on State Road 46, there is a little bodega called El Paso Meat Market & Restaurant. The "restaurant" is just a couple of tables on the inside of the store, but it's good.

There's also some little spots here and there from about Haines City to Plant City, food trucks too. Not as "permanently established" as the spots I mentioned above.

Later this year, Torchy's Tacos (from Austin, TX I think) will be opening up a couple of locations in Orlando.

And there better not be a single person who accuses me of derailing the thread, after about 50 pages of wrestling posts...

Oh, and here's part of the menu from MX Taco:

1642129350113.png

Haven't been down there in many years (for the obvious reasons), but I might venture out.

There's a place just south of the flea market called Tortas El Rey, I definitely recommend it.

To the east of the Flea Market, on Orange Avenue, is a little spot called Taqueria Ameca. Another one that I highly recommend.

In another reply, I mentioned MX Taco on Bumby, amazing place, I've met the owner several times, very nice guy. Legit food, he makes posole on Thursday.

I've just started going to a new place up on 17-92 in Maitland called Jalapeno's Mexican Eats, I've been twice in 2 weeks. Family owned and operated, both times I've been, it was the daughter who was the only one working.

There's a place up on Lee Road called Mi Gordita Loca, I found it just before COVID a couple of years ago, so I've only been there once, and it's very good.

Finally, if you are ever way north, up in Sorrento on State Road 46, there is a little bodega called El Paso Meat Market & Restaurant. The "restaurant" is just a couple of tables on the inside of the store, but it's good.

There's also some little spots here and there from about Haines City to Plant City, food trucks too. Not as "permanently established" as the spots I mentioned above.

Later this year, Torchy's Tacos (from Austin, TX I think) will be opening up a couple of locations in Orlando.

And there better not be a single person who accuses me of derailing the thread, after about 50 pages of wrestling posts...

Oh, and here's part of the menu from MX Taco:

View attachment 172269
You derailed the thread making me hungry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back