Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when people start to realize that T-Rob wants to coach and recruit CBs his way...

Advertisement
From 247 re: Hurtt

I have been informed by a source that Clint Hurtt is not interested in returning to the college ranks as he has been considered to be Miami's next defensive coordinator.

A few notes on Hurtt:

• Multiple sources have informed me that Hurtt has "learned a lot" from being in the NFL since 2014

• Not only has he gained knowledge about the game, but sources noted Hurtt would be good on the motivation and accountability side of things

• One of the reasons why Hurtt is not currently interested in returning to college, where he last coached in 2013 at Louisville, is because he could be in line for a promotion after being the assistant head coach/defensive coach for the Seahawks since 2017

• Another reason is the hesitancy for returning to college is getting back into the recruiting scene

• None of this should be a huge surprise because most coaches who spend time in the NFL are interested in staying in the NFL if possible

Advertisement
Smart is going to do whatever it takes to hang on to Schumann because he know Muschamp is a rental and will get another job offer in 1-2 years.

Lol the dead period ends today and we still don’t have a coaching staff. I’m all about being thorough but at some point you have to commit to a decision.

Recruiting starts back up and we’re going in without a full fighting staff, what a shame.
Shush Shhhh GIF by MOODMAN

Mario has a grand scheme, that we are all unable to understand cuz we don't know the inner working for the 36 chambers of Coral Gables

Advertisement
In one paragraph, they say MUSCHAMP has 4 hires to make. Not "Muschamp and Schumann".

In the next paragraph, they act like Schumann isn't leaving.

Will Muschamp allow Schumann to lift the toilet seat before ****ing?

to be fair all they say is that they haven't heard anything on Schumann. Which is kind of the same on our side since most of this thread about potential coaching staff hires seems to be about wrestling.

Advertisement
Lol the dead period ends today and we still don’t have a coaching staff. I’m all about being thorough but at some point you have to commit to a decision.

Recruiting starts back up and we’re going in without a full fighting staff, what a shame.
There’s a kid that’s got family communicating back channel and may jump in the portal.. huge position of need and good player and wants to be at Miami… Mario can’t tell him who the DC is. So if that doesn’t happen by Monday he’s probably gonna stick where he’s at with classes starting back.

If someone says a DC is hired they’re lying as far as I know. Lots throwing around the term ‘indecisive’ and I can’t confirm or deny for sure but definitely looking that way. Maybe the hire makes the waiting make sense but right now it doesn’t.

Last edited:
Blah, blah, blah, so Cristobal smacks of borderline incompetency because he does not meet some fan's timeline. He is losing your confidence because he does not announce his OC/DC by COB tomorrow.

The same arguments were made regarding HC and AD, and then low and behold, Cristobal and Rad were hired and were ALWAYS first choice. The portal giveth and the portal taketh away. There will be plenty of new entries after spring ball. Classes at Miami start next Tuesday which is very late and nobody is missing a **** thing since they are online the first two weeks.
I agree to an extent, but the dead period ends tomorrow. We have a group of official visits starting tomorrow. Guys are hitting the portal. We have the 2023 elite event next weekend. The first day of classes kind of matters less than any of those three things. It is better to wait for the right guy than rush it, but at a certain point we are not the only school navigating waters of hiring NFL guys or people from other staffs. You have to get the deal over the finish line and done.

Weird timing with the DVD/TRob tweet yesterday. Big business college football. But hopefully its a coordinated leak by Miami and then announce TRob staying in next 24 hours to show we compete with the big boys.

Advertisement
Well, I will now start to treat this offseason like its in the word. "Off"

When we hire the remainder of the staff, we will hear about it. Until then, no point in wasting energy about this. See ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back