Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we are waiting for someone to end the season and decide (Dorsey) while having a plan B ready (Briles).

Both could be ok with the other assistants on O.
So if the Bills make it to the Super Bowl we’re gonna wait until February to announce Dorsey and Briles is gonna wait as a plan B all the way until then?

I really doubt that. A far more simple and less speculative reason is that we haven’t closed on a hire yet.

Advertisement
Sooooooo…….

drinking beer GIF

Advertisement
So if the Bills make it to the Super Bowl we’re gonna wait until February to announce Dorsey and Briles is gonna wait as a plan B all the way until then?

I really doubt that. A far more simple and less speculative reason is that we haven’t closed on a hire yet.
Yeah, of course, your scenario is the most likely but at the end of the day: who knows?

This. Yet, nobody really wants to admit it and it is much more fun to speculate about other candidates.

Last edited:
Advertisement
FWIW per Manny Navarro latest podcast:
- Kendall Briles n.1 target for OC, Dorsey is in contention and named Ponce as a well-regarded guy.
- DC: Clint Hurtt, Glenn Schumann, Doug Belk.

He admitted that these are only rumors and we will have clarity near the announcements (DUH).

He could have said this at the end of December and we could still rightfully accuse him of getting info from Twitter and message boards.

Advertisement
Might as well get used to having coaches that are coveted....

It's actually a good thing. T-Rob is an elite recruiter and elite recruiters are always in demand. If we treat him well and he is fairly compensated via the market, then we will have a decent chance of retaining him.

Advertisement
I feel less invested in these hires because I trust Cristobal more than Manny. I hope we hit HR hires but neither coordinator needs to be a savior either.

Might as well get used to having coaches that are coveted....

It's actually a good thing. T-Rob is an elite recruiter and elite recruiters are always in demand. If we treat him well and he is fairly compensated via the market, then we will have a decent chance of retaining him.
Agree and in case he bolts I trust Mario: with him at the helm losing an ace recruiter like T-Rob it's bad but not the end of the world imho.

Imho it's also a relevant fact that it looks like both Bama and UGA will have OC openings.

I feel less invested in these hires because I trust Cristobal more than Manny. I hope we hit HR hires but neither coordinator needs to be a savior either.
Feel like we need to hit on both because Cristobal isnt really a coordinator who you know will have either side of ball rocking.. If you are going to be CEO type you need to hit on your coordinators. They are your managers basically, you cant be a CEO type that cant ceo, lol.. wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back