Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
How is Dorsey as a play-caller? Can he design plays and offensive strategy? The rest of the offensive staff reports to him, how will he be able to handle that duty? That's what I'm interested in. Being really smart and able to process information quickly is good and should be required for the job, but can Dorsey succeed as an actual offensive coordinator? These are the questions. And right now, the answers are a bit muddled because he's never been an offensive coordinator. Now, I also want to add, we really don't know what responsibilities Dorsey has had as an actual QB coach. Maybe his superiors (i.e., Dabol) gave him extensive responsibilities like game planning, play design, and strategy. We don't know. Again, the answers to those questions are muddled. But Briles has experience as an offensive coordinator, and that is why I lean towards him right now.

But here's what I keep coming back to: Dorsey will be an OC next season someplace. And if he's well-thought of by NFL circles, he has to be qualified for Miami. Anyway, I hope all that makes sense.
Dude, they have scouting assistants working on play calls in the NFL.

Here’s some more names to watch before it’s deleted.

0DB874F9-A293-470F-9DE6-7F64E44FCEA0.jpeg

Advertisement
Briles was a smoke screen?

View attachment 171191
I can’t explain it but I felt the same way when all the Nunez stuff came out. I posted that too. Mason and Briles popped up around the same time by other sites. It just seemed odd.

I also know for a fact these people put names or info out to just throw something to the starving patrons. The coach and AD search proved this. Like I said it’s nothing inside just how it felt to me.

Advertisement
I can’t explain it but I felt the same way when all the Nunez stuff came out. I posted that too. Mason and Briles popped up around the same time by other sites. It just seemed odd.

I also know for a fact these people put names or info out to just throw something to the starving patrons. The coach and AD search proved this. Like I said it’s nothing inside just how it felt to me.
Disappointed.

I won’t rehash Marcus A because that would be just too funny & I already know where that discussion goes lol

But what about Matt Nagy? He’s the only NFL coach that would fit in the category, although he’s never coached in college before so it’s unlikely he’d come to Miami even after he gets fired by Da Bears.

As far as college, there’s quite a few HC’s that fit the bill, depending on what level they’d be getting pulled from.

If it’s G5, the first name is M.A., I don’t see Moorehead turning down his first opportunity to be a G5 HC to go back being an OC, plus he has a long history as a former coach at Akron under JD Brookhart, so that should eliminate him.

There’s Mike Bloomgren at Rice, he’s been pretty ****** as HC at Rice, but he was a long time RGC/OL & eventually became OC at Stanford for 4 years when Stanford went 8-5, 12-2,10-3 & 9-5 under David Shaw when they had Keller Chryst & KJ Costello as their QB’s. However, Bloomgren is a former Nole, I don’t see Mario hiring a Nole.

Sean Lewis at Kent St is one of the best offensive play callers in the business, a young guys who’s worked hard to turn Kent around, he’s a Dino Babers disciple from the Eastern Illinois & Bowling Green Day’s, but I don’t see him leaving Kent to become an OC, even though he’s only making a little over $400K a year, it’s hard to convince a HC to go back to being a coordinator, especially when they’re young & promising in their career. He’d be an amazing hire, but I don’t see it as very likely.

The only HC’s who have a direct connection to Mario is Scott Satterfield at LVille & Andy Avalos at Boise ST. Avalos was his DC at Oregon for 2 years but he just got the BSU job & he’s a former player & DL coach & DC under Chris Petersen at Boise, no way he’s leaving & I highly highly doubt Satterfield would leave Louisville to be an OC again.

Maybe a guy like Brent Brennan at San Jose St, Mario got a bunch of his staff from the San Jose tree, Arroyo, Salave’a, Jim Mastro & Donte Williams, but even so still Brennan has been on the West coast his whole career, so Idk how likely that would be.

You know who would be a fire OC... Todd Graham!!! Lol...

But nah, there’s really only like 1 or 2 G5 HC’s I could see coming here to be an OC & I find it hard to believe any P5’s would & I also highly highly doubt Mario would hire any FCS HC’s as an OC, so that leads me to believe it must be a NFL guy...

By using deductive reasoning, the most likely NFL guy would be Dorsey, but if he were to become Daboll’s OC, then that opens the discussion to several other candidates & further down the rabbit hole we go lol.

What if it’s Larry Fedora lol, I know it’s not, but it would be funny if it was.
I would hate Nagy. There were talks of if Kingsbury lost in the 1st round of the playoffs he could be fired. I’d walk to AZ to get Kliff as A OC.

Advertisement
A name that hasn't really been mentioned a ton here as an OC candidate (was mentioned several times as a HC candidate) is Tom Herman. He's on the Bears staff as an analyst.
I just don't want anything that's been tainted by Nagy lol

Who would be your dark house candidate for both OC and DC jobs?

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back