Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Good, decent , elite

Thanks. Williams is getting brought in because he’s a coach. He was a saban guy (he’s worked with saban for like 20 years and followed him to virtually every stop).

Don’t know anything about chance and a little about mcclendon. Putting some dots together, I’m guessing McClendon and TRob are friends having worked together at USCe for several years. Maybe increases the likelihood that TRob stays on board. Just a thought.

Advertisement
I had a couple threads deleted in the AM for multiple reasons. One being the hints were a little too good and two it was still early in n the process. They were just serious candidates. I’ve mentioned some of the names now and others have guessed off my thread so here’s where we are. Coaches to watch as possible options.

Brady oc

Coley / Ponce qb

Hurtt / brumbaugh DL maybe co DC ( Hurtt likely)

Schuman Dc/Lb

Bobby Williams te or st’s or both, because of his connection with Mario

Rod chance cb because of his connection with Mario

Seider Rb or te ( UF is involved )

McClendon rb or wr That’s been posted on the board from a decent source , I haven’t heard that.

Mirabal OL ( DuH)

Fields TE or off field

Ish likely off field if retained

T Rob or Tvd or both S / cb.

An Acc Db coach I’m not comfortable posting yet

The off field room will remain close to intact

Those are all names to watch as candidates / possible hires . I’ll add new names when I hear them.
would be an excellent staff

schuman at DC is amazing and one of my top three choices now that knowles is off the board.

he'd get to start here as sole OC which means he'd be here for a few years while we build something special

I had a couple threads deleted in the AM for multiple reasons. One being the hints were a little too good and two it was still early in n the process. They were just serious candidates. I’ve mentioned some of the names now and others have guessed off my thread so here’s where we are. Coaches to watch as possible options.

Brady oc

Coley / Ponce qb

Hurtt / brumbaugh DL maybe co DC ( Hurtt likely)

Schuman Dc/Lb

Bobby Williams te or st’s or both, because of his connection with Mario

Rod chance cb because of his connection with Mario

Seider Rb or te ( UF is involved )

McClendon rb or wr That’s been posted on the board from a decent source , I haven’t heard that.

Mirabal OL ( DuH)

Fields TE or off field

Ish likely off field if retained

T Rob or Tvd or both S / cb.

An Acc Db coach I’m not comfortable posting yet

The off field room will remain close to intact

Those are all names to watch as candidates / possible hires . I’ll add new names when I hear them.
I'm going to act like this doesn't exist in hopes it doesn't get nuked.....as I'm writing about it not existing. :LOL:

Advertisement
Appreciate all you’re doing and the info. Question if you have heard it, but what will the off field/analysts room look like? I think Brumbaugh was an analyst at oregon last year. Any idea who or how many he may be targeting?
Hurtt is likely the DL coach , maybe a co dc . Brumbaugh would be off field if I'm betting. I mean if he's added.

Chance, Williams, McClendon - how good are these as recruiters?

Wonder how hurtt will make the transition back to CFB
Here is McClendon from 24/7 archive also credited with Gurley and Jacee Horn further down the list
37B5D8F4-FF25-454B-92B6-5AC517ACADA9.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
I love the Mario hire and love the newfound commitment to football and to spend the money. I love the vast majority of that list but TBH I'm not thrilled at the prospect of Hurtt at DL coach. Partridge would have been a grand slam but I'm underwhelmed by Hurtt. Am I wrong?

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back