Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
But...again...he's NOT "out of the game for awhile". He is, right now, an analyst for Boston College. For two years.

I have no idea what you, or anyone else, thinks has "completely changed" in college football. Is everyone running a 2-QB system now? Are RBs allowed to wear roller skates? Chud is a very smart guy, he knows what is happening with RPO and other approaches.

And, quite frankly, I don't care about whether people are "upset". I only care about what Mario wants to do with his hires. Last time I checked, NYSOM wasn't setting up CIS polls to determine who Mario should hire.
Has chud ever ran an uptempo spread offense? What's his philosophy? I got a bad taste in my mouth watching his last offense in 2017 with Indy, it was a disaster. I get it Brissett was a terrible QB but that was the worst offense in the NFL.

scared-no.gif

Advertisement
Derek Mason would be disappointing for me. Schumann is an elite recruiter, knows the area having recruited Georgia and FL extensively, and has upside working at one of the premier college football programs with high-level defensive minds such as Smart, Muschamp, and Lanning and also cutting his teeth under Saban. The players at Georgia love him but not as a friend type, the quotes I've read have been unanimous in that they love him because he pushes them to be better and has improved their game.

Why would Derek Mason be disappointing?

He has recruited Georgia and Florida extensively as Vanderbilts HC for 7 seasons and this past season at Auburn.

Mason has worked under Vic Fangio (Stanford) and Leslie Frazier (Vikings). I would take those two over Smart, Muschamp and Lanning any day of the week.

Advertisement

He has recruited Georgia and Florida extensively as Vanderbilts HC for 7 seasons and this past season at Auburn.

Mason has worked under Vic Fangio (Stanford) and Leslie Frazier (Vikings). I would take those two over Smart, Muschamp and Lanning any day of the week.
Interesting i didn't know he worked under vic, 2nd best defensive mind behind belichick imo.

Advertisement

I'd take Mason over Schumann as well.

Both of those guys defenses went up against Bama this year. Masons did a far better job w considerably less talent than Schumann and Lanning, who were embarrassed.

And Schumann is from Valdosta too, and yall know Im partial to that city so I dont make that statement lightly.

You bring a guy like Mason in strictly for Xs and Os acumen (tho he's not a bad recruiter either).

Id be more than happy w Schummann too. That would be a coup of a hire. Would have a Pruitt at FSU like effect (minus the cocaine of course).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Funny thing is Mario was running the spread af Fiu years ago. He’s always been a spread guy.
Yeah man, I know. But some of our cane brethren have PTSD, on how this thang has been ran for the past 20yrs. As a fan base we’ve been crapped on numerous times by the higher ups, so I understand the hesitancy to believe that **** has actually changed. A lot of em are firmly in the, “believe it when I see it” camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back