Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mood:
Excited Ric Flair GIF
I will see your Wooooo and raise you a .
Brag Ric Flair GIF by WWE

Ric Flair Sport GIF by WWE

Advertisement
Advertisement
I seen this same type of post when Quarterman and Pinkney left. MFERS were saying they couldnt wait for Bradley Jennings to hit the field because he was "faster".
Again..I like JHH from his recruitment to his potential. But i dont know what you have watched to say he is better at dt...in fact he is a liability against the run because he cant anchor for sh*t and gets washed out in the run game fairly easy. Now he can rush the passer likely better than Nesta due to athleticism.

When it comes to Taylor. Its almost the same thing...except Leonard has a really nice swim move ( he almost uses it too much). When he is on he is a problem with his quick hands and swim move. But again like young guys their motor runs hot n cold and he has to learn how to take on blocks.
Both guys are guys that need to be paired with a big 1 tech or something...and we only have 1 in Jordan Miller. You play them together and u likely get gashed in the run game and your lbs are getting killed like its Manny all over again.

* In what world would Nesta be expected to end up a 2nd round pick though. He had the nice 4 star rating coming out..but when you just be realistic and look at his dimensions that alone should have tempered expectations. He is like 6'0 1/2- 290 or whatever...those guys arent being drafted supremely high unless they are a freakshow like Aaron Donald...and Nesta never had that body type.
*I think he likely got osld on being coached by a formen nfl coach with connections and playing in a soft conference in the pac 12 hence the Arizona State transfer. Im going to watch this szn closely to see how he performs out west.

I say this even saying i have a bias for him somewhat since knowing him as a sophomore in high school.
Im hoping he can play his way in to a mid rounder and finally add some sacks to his game....because he has shown a really good motor last szn..and wrecks some interior guys with his strength...just arms are short and when he locks on doesnt engage off as well as you hope.

I dont think our DT roster has gotten better though with losing him. The guys you guys are waiting on or hyping played a good amount last year and didnt flash whatsoever other than Leonard Taylor.

Facts!

Nesta may not have been a transformational DT. But he was our best one out there last year. Taylor is still more about his potential. JHH is too inconsistent. Maybe Moultrie and Lichtenstein will turn the whole unit into something respectable. Maybe Roberts pinches down in certain schemes. Maybe we bring in a wide body kid from the portal than can play. But Nesta leaves a talent gap that needs to be filled.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back