Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s Tom Herman doing these days?
Offensive analyst or something like that for the Chicago bears. Said he’s happy where he’s at. I’ve been wanting him in Miami since before Mario was became our HC.

Advertisement
Offensive analyst or something like that for the Chicago bears. Said he’s happy where he’s at. I’ve been wanting him in Miami since before Mario was became our HC.
He's getting paid like $6 mil to chill. If he takes a college job a lot or most of that money wont go to him.

Reactions: sml
I see a lot of Tom Herman talk, so I looked into his contract at Texas to read his buyout.

Nothing in his buyout would stop him from being the OC at Miami. The offset provisions in it are the same for NCAA and NFL jobs.

Here is a summary of terms:
- $5 million per year remaining on the contract
- must make a reasonable effort to seek employment after termination
- buyout is offset by the amount earned at new "football-related employment"
- football-related employment = NFL, NCAA, or even TV broadcasting about football

It's not about the buyout money with Herman. Seems like he just doesn't want to coach college.

Mario, this is your most important recruit. Go get Herman!

Here is the link to the full contract: https://static.texastribune.org/media/files/6848d600da55db1efc9d299a0d4f9d76/Herman_contract.pdf

Relevant section:
Screen Shot 2022-02-05 at 8.34.25 PM.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I wonder how hungry Herman is right now with that money and starting an NFL path.

I would have been fine with him as HC I can’t see him being a college OC again. Someone will hire him next year as a HC IMO

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back