Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Not true. The 32nd rank guy who gets fired and is replaced by the next guy and the unit improves. The guy who replaced him is better.

There are guys moving up the ranks that are/will be better than guys at the OC/DC level. There are also guys in the college ranks that are likely better too.

There are plenty of guys who get jobs when they’re not the best or even close to the most qualified. Look at our last two presidents.

But what if the next guy doesn't improve the unit? The 32nd best coordinator... **** the 25th best coordinator on earth is going to fail by definition. Because again, they are going up against the #1, #6, #8 guys etc depending on their schedule.

No one is looking to hire the 32nd or 25th best guy. They are looking to find a top 10 guy (approx). The churning is the continual search for those elite play callers. Clint Hurtt, who has been DL and AHC under one of the most respected defensive minds in football, was just promoted to DC by Carroll. If that doesn't carry any weight with you, ESPECIALLY in the context of the UM job, I really don't know what else to say. But again, our opinions don't matter much. Carroll and the market have spoken.

I am happy for him, and it explains why (if) Mario (who is universally understood to be a top 10 college HC) had identified him as someone worth talking to.

Congrats to a Cane. It's Great to Be.

Advertisement
Where the **** did this dude Tommy Rees come from

leprechaun GIF

Advertisement
I don’t believe that & even if it were true seems like a waste of time IMO.

Rees is former ND QB & has been coaching there for the last 5 years...

I don’t see a guy like him leaving his alma mater to come to Miami.

He turned down going to LSU with Brian Kelly because he wanted to stay at ND.

I could be wrong but I think his dad is also involved in the ND program as well to some extent.

He made a big deal about staying and how ND is where he wants to be when he turned Kelly down. I wouldnt hate it but wouldnt love it either

I could be wrong but I think his dad is also involved in the ND program as well to some extent.

He made a big deal about staying and how ND is where he wants to be when he turned Kelly down. I wouldnt hate it but wouldnt love it either
That is 100% accurate. His dad is involved in the program.

Advertisement
If I’m Lashlee I wouldn’t go anywhere near Auburn for my first HC job.

He’d be setup to fail & it could kill his entire career trajectory.
I’m curious, where do you think would be a good landing spot for him when he does eventually move up to the P5?

Speaking of this, recently been having a ****tail/liquor kick watching YouTube vids about all that. Question I pose to u guys is what is y’all’s alcohol/drink of choice? Could be beer or wine if u like, but specifically liquor or ****tails. Would love to hear suggestions I’m trying to up my game and try new things
Negroni

1 part gin 1 part campari 1 part sweet vermouth garnish with orange peel

Does Cristobal just hate offense???
Lol nah, he just has a very specific way in which he wishes to approach it.

He wants to dominate the LOS & wear Defenses down with the run game.

He’s an OL at heart, those guys always want tough physical football.

UGA winning the Natty the way they did validates that philosophy, so that’s one of the models to follow now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back