Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I agree with a lot of that. But the two top recruiters on staff have bailed, coordinator situation is not ideal (to put it nicely) and we’re closing in on the final 72 hours of recruiting…maybe I’m a cynic but I can’t believe Mario is selling SS on staying home with so much left to be unanswered.

well that's why ive criticized not having more D members on board. I think jay said we are trying to sell a vision and it works w guys who have a prior relationship w Mario. but for others you gotta show it more and easier to show it w a **** DC

I don’t have a lot of energy for this, but I’m going to add a few logs to the fire.

We’ve lost our two best recruiting assistants in the span of a week to the very schools we are trying to rise to the level of. We have no coordinators after 8 weeks, barely any rumors of who it will be, and NSD is in 3 days. This is all pretty bad stuff, full stop, and shouldn’t be minimized or spun. The only real question about those facts are Mario’s feelings on the matter. Guy isn’t hiding in an office, he’s hitting every school and hosting every recruit with a 4 or 5 next to his name. So what’s the hold up, Mario, because this is genuinely odd. This is a fair point or critique, imo, and one Mario will likely have to answer for throughout his career if the trend continues.

Our fans are absolute dog *****. Not a segment of them, not half of them, the majority of them. I want you to send me to Bolivia for this: someone actually said “when does the AD get involved” and y’all took him seriously and affirmed him. This is why Miami will *never* be Alabama or UGA: too many of the fans are self-serving, clueless reprobates. “Don’t yell at me, Inday, I was faithful during the Shannon-Golden-Trump-Biden years!” No you weren’t, you were a miserable malcontent then, just like you are now. “Ruiz is kinda shady tbh”, GOOD. You think the reason TRob and BMac are gone is because the SEC is clean? You think erasing 20 years of failure is going to happen overnight? Gutting the entire athletic department just needed a weekend? No, then what was your timeframe? Tweet it at Mario, I’m sure it’ll help him to be reminded that he has some vacancies.

Y’all dream of the program leveling up and the moment it faces setbacks — no, no — the moment things are looking good for once in two decades, you immediately look for reasons it declare it all a house of cards. UGA, Bama, whomever, will fight tooth and nail to keep us dead and in the cellar and a lot of you seem waaaaaay more eager to help them than to endure a stupidly long coaching search.

There’s not a “fan base” in American sports who so passionately finds reasons from DAY ONE to disqualify a coach. Day one! You’re worse than weak minded, you’re hopeless and dull hearted, you have no ability to endure ups or downs. You aren’t brave or loyal just because you’re still posting on a message board after 20 years of gross ineptitude, you’re either messed up in the head and too lazy to produce something of value. So you leech optimism away by agreeing with the most absurd porsters on this website. “Sorry man but that’s just how it’s always been with Miami.” Then get out. I mean it, get out of the fan base if nothing short of multiple national championships will make you happy. You just cant be made happy.

“But I was right about Manny!” No you weren’t, you just bet on Miami being Miami and those odds hit better than a service academy under. Now when we are at least pretending to become a big player again, y’all can’t help but vomit all over every single thread. “He‘s whiffing in the portal!” Is he? That story is over, huh? Who we got doesn’t matter and who comes next doesn’t either. It’s all about MY GROWN UP FEELINGS RIGHT NOW. You don’t have to like what he’s done in the portal, but good lord it’s not a zero sum game.

This fan base IS Manny Diaz. A bunch of under-qualified know-nothings who think they've earned the right to represent the school. Because they know the history of the program that they’re somehow a part of it. Nah, most of y’all are straight trash as fans. Always have been and always will be. You morphed somewhere along the way from Miami fans to anti-Miami fans. Whatever dark light you need to shine on the program you will, whatever systemic doubt you need to sow you will, whatever joke you need to make to mock a positive outlook you will.

And Mario, HIRE SOME FREAKING COACHES ALREADY. HOLY CRAP MAN. IT ISNT MARRIAGE BABE, THEY GUNS ON A BATTLESHIP. NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.

CLIFF NOTES

0-15

Advertisement
We’re almost home. Give it a day and we will all have something new to talk about.
From your fingertips to .... well you know the rest.

Mario needs to make a hire and announce it soon becasue the Program needs to counter all of this recent negativity with something other than "Mario's got this!" We need to regain the momentum that seems lost.

He’s right.
GIF-220130_165135.gif

Advertisement
So Strong was mentioned as a potential DC candidate. What are y'all's thoughts?

Seems like a strong hire imo. He
(1) has fielded some **** good defenses iirc (he's mainly been a HC for the last 10ish years, so I'm not sure whether he was calling plays then)
(2) was a former HC, so he'll bring some critical executive experience and can aid Mario in running the program
(3) was a **** good recruiter iirc
(4) is not an "up and coming star"/"fast riser" type, so he could be here for a while and provide some stability.
We only have 3 coaches. Any warm bodies are welcome😂

Advertisement
Mario is about to close in a Top 20 class in about 8 weeks of work and your ****ing yourself about a WR and a DB coach?

Man up

a DC and OC would be nice lol. all we have is Marios backpack and the unannounced member of the Usos. I do like Kevin Smith tho lol. that was a good pull even tho I was fine with Hickson too

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back