Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
So Strong was mentioned as a potential DC candidate. What are y'all's thoughts?

Seems like a strong hire imo. He
(1) has fielded some **** good defenses iirc (he's mainly been a HC for the last 10ish years, so I'm not sure whether he was calling plays then)
(2) was a former HC, so he'll bring some critical executive experience and can aid Mario in running the program
(3) was a **** good recruiter iirc
(4) is not an "up and coming star"/"fast riser" type, so he could be here for a while and provide some stability.

Hasn’t fielded a good defense since before he was a head coach which is an issue.

Advertisement
He’s right.
I Hope Please GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think we can all agree that Shemar is OUT

why do you say that? unless, DVD is gone, I still trust Mario in getting a recruit. his best trait is his recruiting so I have faith in Mario there. now, it isn't easy when you don't have another d staff member on board and your analyst that has a connection w shemar from pace is looking elsewhere for a promotion, but big game hunting is why we got Mario. I wouldn't blame him for not landing SS tho. well win more of those than not w Mario

Something is very off with this entire process. If the money is really available then Mario is failing.

If everything was fine and Mario is just being thorough he wouldn’t be losing the position coaches he just hired. Wonder where Kevin Smith is gonna coach next season.

Advertisement
why do you say that? unless, DVD is gone, I still trust Mario in getting a recruit. his best trait is his recruiting so I have faith in Mario there. now, it isn't easy when you don't have another d staff member on board and your analyst that has a connection w shemar from pace is looking elsewhere for a promotion, but big game hunting is why we got Mario. I wouldn't blame him for not landing SS tho. well win more of those than not w Mario
I agree with a lot of that. But the two top recruiters on staff have bailed, coordinator situation is not ideal (to put it nicely) and we’re closing in on the final 72 hours of recruiting…maybe I’m a cynic but I can’t believe Mario is selling SS on staying home with so much left to be unanswered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back