Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Fans are ignorant and bias but when legends from past, present and future, opponents, teammates say you’re the GOAT, there is no debate.

Lane doesn't even have a full staff in Mississippi, he losing coaches faster than we are...
Well Mario did poach his RB coach. I think Lane would have had a much easier time filling his staff at Miami with all else being equal (but it wouldn't be)

I’m not taking anything from Steph. But it’s a fair question to ask does an all time great shooter replicate this? Every all time player in any sport is tied to a great coach. Brady/Belichick, MJ/Phil or Kobe/Phil. It’s not a knock on Curry. GS saw the potential and built around him. Maximize his efficiency and the reaped the benefits. I’ve always had a qualm about labeling him the unquestioned best shooter of all time. This isn’t his handles or quickness or whatever other trait. But if Reggie Miller played in GS with Klay and that cast his number wouldn’t be that dissimilar to Curry’s IMO. It’s not a slight on Curry but more the narrative that it’s him and then everyone else.
I think Reggie could be argued to have been an even better Klay in this scenario. Curry is special because he runs the offense, it’s what creates all the spacing.

Advertisement
F this **** give me Coley and end this

New York Yankees Reaction GIF by MLB

It’s more that Lebron always had the offense run through him and essentially played point. Mike under Doug Collins and the first year or so under Phil was different than after. Ultimately, I always need to reiterate that I think Mike is better. Just that Lebron always had the ball in his hands.
He did. I’m not taking nothing from LeBron. He’s essentially Malone with the athleticism of SG. Personally I think he would’ve adapted and fit pretty well in the 90s. But I don’t think he’d have near the effect MJ did back then.

Lebron is better than Kobe in just about every facet of the game out side of outside shooting and FTs.
And balls, and mental constitution.

J J B A R R E A

Sorry, but nothing like what happened in that Dallas series would EVER have happened to Kobe or MJ. Mind you, I hate the Lakers and Bulls more than any franchises on the planet.

Advertisement
I’m not taking anything from Steph. But it’s a fair question to ask does an all time great shooter replicate this? Every all time player in any sport is tied to a great coach. Brady/Belichick, MJ/Phil or Kobe/Phil. It’s not a knock on Curry. GS saw the potential and built around him. Maximize his efficiency and the reaped the benefits. I’ve always had a qualm about labeling him the unquestioned best shooter of all time. This isn’t his handles or quickness or whatever other trait. But if Reggie Miller played in GS with Klay and that cast his number wouldn’t be that dissimilar to Curry’s IMO. It’s not a slight on Curry but more the narrative that it’s him and then everyone else.
Every question is fair, agree to disagree. Last couple things I will say to stop cluttering the thread. Reggie never shot as well from 3 as Curry's first two years in the league (No Klay, Draymond, Andre but he did have Monta Ellis). Curry won a ring in Kerr's first year ever as a coach. Reggie spent the majority of the 90s with the legendary Larrys, Brown and Bird, as his head coach.

Advertisement
I used to love when Lbj choked it was always because of some drama , like his wife was getting banged by Rashard Lewis and then later on his momma getting beat down lol. Excuse after excuse.

He lost to the Magic as a huge favorite and we forgot about that too lol.
His momma got turnt out by a future crackhead....

😭😭😭😭

Advertisement
He did. I’m not taking nothing from LeBron. He’s essentially Malone with the athleticism of SG. Personally I think he would’ve adapted and fit pretty well in the 90s. But I don’t think he’d have near the effect MJ did back then.
I guess I got lost in the point then. What I was trying to say was that Lebron carried his team as much as Mike did if not a hair more because he was the floor general. I will say though, this works against Lebron if I’m building an all time team. Lebron needed the ball in his hands to run an offense, Mike didn’t.

Any great player from any era would be more than likely great in another era. But it doesn't make much sense to try to compare earlier era players to today's players. The game is way too different. And I mean waaaay different. In the early 80s, it was a bit more freewheeling. Offenses were scoring, but most of it was inside and in the midrange. The game was physical, but nothing like it would be with the Pistons Bad Boys of the late 80s. Those dudes changed the game. Guys were getting pummeled. Hand checks all over the place. Grabbing. Etc. I think the lowpoint for offenses was in the late 90s. You had scores like 80 to 78, and it wasn't because guys were less talented. The emphasis back then was on shots that were much less efficient. Midrange, fadeaways, etc.

Nowadays, you have the benefit of all those years. The shot chart of a modern team is like the inverse of a team before the 2010s. Plus you have the benefits of sports science, technology, medicine, etc. NBA scheduling is so much nicer on the players. You don't have teams playing three games in a row anymore with guys averaging 40 minutes a game. That's why to me, someone like Jordan is a marvel. Much like James is a modern marvel at his age. Put Jordan in today's era with all these benefits, and he'll still be incredible. Put James back in the late 80s and he'd still be incredible. Just in different ways for both (and any other player).

EDIT: Best way to "compare" players from different eras is to see how dominant they were in respect to their peers. Jordan absolutely crushed everyone in his prime and never lost in the Finals. James went to an insane number of Finals, the most since Magic as the main player. And even then, that's subjective as to what you value. To me, Jordan's the GOAT.

By the way, we hire coordinators yet?

And balls, and mental constitution.

J J B A R R E A

Sorry, but nothing like what happened in that Dallas series would EVER have happened to Kobe or MJ. Mind you, I hate the Lakers and Bulls more than any franchises on the planet.
Are we talking about JJ Barea and the same Mavs team that swept Kobe and the defending champ Lakers in 2011?

Are we talking about JJ Barea and the same Mavs team that swept Kobe and the defending champ Lakers in 2011?

Absolutely...and go ahead and show me where Barrea got in Kobe's head SO BAD, that he could barely function at times in that series. If I recall correctly Kobe played pretty **** well in those finals.

Not to mention, that was a younger and better Mavs team.

Yes, that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back