Some names to watch before it’s deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Honestly I love @Cribby but this abomination of a thread is all your fault bro…

and the admins that didn’t follow cribbys implied direction in the **** title of the thread weeks ago

just pin this thing to the top of the hall of shame

Advertisement
The daily “it’s not happening today” crowd crack me up acting like they’re going out on a limb or something. Something that hasn’t happened in like idk, 50 days may not happen today either? Such a scorching hot take.

So you've never seen a game thread?

I tried a game thread one time for about five minutes, it was the most pathetic thing I’ve ever read. It’s a good thing those people don’t go to games, they literally would have the shlt beat out of them by overweight middle-aged men. That’s how bad it is.

If you want to see the definition of over panicked, over emotional, irrational, just flat out batshlt crazy, tune into a game day thread. You won’t be disappointed.

Advertisement
I always thought it was contingent on it being rhe same level of position. Like another HC job. I rember Charlie strong worked for like 500k year one at South Florida and made Texas pay out his salary from previous contract. The 500k was deducted. I wanted Herman as my #1 choice. Great offense big time recruiter. 2 guys behind TVD are athletic and would benefit from the power spread. Who know what he picked up in the NFL.
We’ve seen many times where a fired HC takes an “analyst” role while still being paid his buyout. Sabag’s rehab program comes to mind. I’d say buyout clauses have similar stipulations but also other nuances built in depending a multitude of factors.

Todays the Day!
Is Happening?

Panic Omg GIF

Advertisement
I tried a game thread one time for about five minutes, it was the most pathetic thing I’ve ever read. It’s a good thing those people don’t go to games, they literally would have the shlt beat out of them by overweight middle-aged men. That’s how bad it is.

If you want to see the definition of over panicked, over emotional, irrational, just flat out batshlt crazy, tune into a game day thread. You won’t be disappointed.
I’m in them only to make definitive statements (“SAY KEY SMIFF’S NAME!”) and get the heck out like my hair is on fire. It’s like twitch chat for angry boomers.

Definitely alot of folks lacking their T cells.
Probably eating too much shrimp.

I have always wondered with the coaches who get fired and then get paid as long as they dont take another job or the difference if they do, what is to stop the next school from signing a multi year deal with them and structuring it so that it is almost all paid in the backend.

For example (with made up numbers), let's say Herman has 2 more years that Texas is paying him $5M per year, but it is offset by any new jobs he takes. Miami is willing to pay Herman $2M per year for a guarunteed 2 years. Rather than giving him a contract for $2M in 2022 and 2023, why not give him a guaranteed contract that is 200K in 2022 and 2023 and then $4M in 2024 and 2025 with a buyout after 2023 that would pay him $2M in 2024 in 2025 if we were to fire him or he was to leave. So essentially he still gets his full UT salary for 2022 and 2023 and in 2024 and 2025 he gets his salary for those years plus $2M per year for the previous two.

I have to assume that if I am smart enough to think of this, that the lawyers that make these contracts are as well and are able to block this somehow.
Good thoughts, but we’d need to see the buyout language of Coach Fired’ s contract. Perhaps the language deducts the average annual value of the new contact from the annual buyout payment. Or figures in guarantees.

In your scenario the coach’s former employer says your new contact is guaranteed $4M,. So we’ll start by deducting $4M from the $10M buyout. We don’t care if you’re only getting paid $400K total for the first two contract years. We’re counting the full guarantee amount.

Maybe.

Advertisement
@gogeta4 per your request. I couldn't figure out how to add photos to a PM so I'll just post em here. This thread went off the rail a LONG time ago anyway.

View attachment 174773View attachment 174774View attachment 174775

2004 Action Marine 18' that I bought from the factory in December 2003. Engine was a 2000 Johnson 200HO. Best I ever ran was 90.6 mph GPS confirmed. Not the fastest boat but it was a fun ride from Key Largo to Islamorada almost every weekend. I sold the boat back in 2014, I think?
Just came in to say action marine
Someone wa staying to sell me one 2 yrs ago for the low I should of jumped on it. Lol

Reactions: DTP
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back