some interesting um stuff by barry jackson today

One thing I saw UM do with fisch that we haven't with Coley is win some shoot outs when the defense showed up with their epic turds, under coley they were double digit losses and with fisch a lot of his best game plans were foiled by bad player execution, the ND drops in Chicago, the early drops against KSU, he used duke in the slot a lot, I think Duke was better under fisch

Advertisement
James a/k/a look to the sideline Coley: can't convert 3rd down, misuse of Dorsett, poor play calling, did I mention looking to the sideline on every offensive play?......and that's only the beginning. HELP!

Fisch offered Gray Crow a scholarship as a QB. End this thread

No way! He never thought Crow or Dewey were UM QBs. LULZ at the Fish Fanatics.

They keep hyping his results because they can't support him being a good QB evaluator, but I bet the actual stats he put up were pretty close to Coley's.

Absolutely boggles my ****ing mind that anyone would defend Coley.

Nothing on this board surprises me anymore after all the Golden defenders that infected this site the last year but ....wow.

He's a good looking Cuban guy who tweets.

James Coley is the least qualified OC we have had since the 70s.

Advertisement
Golden has lost this team 2 year in a row: it's painfully obvious that the team doesn't like his message. Yet our admins believe he can turn it around.

At that point we simply needed a warm body to fill a void. No one ever thought he'd be a starter at QB. We needed depth there, and badly.
Fisch offered Gray Crow a scholarship as a QB. End this thread

He didn't have to offer Crow before his senior season started. Then got Dewey and Thompson. Two guys who I believe are out of football(not sure where Dewey is)

Fisch is the far superior play caller....I mean they are not even in the same ballpark on adjacent planets.

Coley is a recruiter, plain and simple. He's an absolutely horrible playcaller, simply not an X's and O's type.

Jedd doesn't recruit.

That about sums it up. Give me Jedd any day of the week and 47 times on Saturday.

Sometimes I find myself looking for reasons to like Coley because he seems like a bright guy and a strong recruiter, but then I remember I used to do the same **** with Golden.

Anyone can recruit this area if they win.

I always liked Fisch. I thought his work bringing Jacory back from the dead was borderline miraculous and would have loved to see him work with Kaaya.

If the best thing you can say about your offensive coordinator is that he's a really good recruiter, then he sucks.

Advertisement
Fire D Fat Boy, Williams, and Jethro.

Make Coley the Assistant HC/WR coach, Fisch the OC/QB coach, Carroll the Recruiting/TE coach, and Hurlie the DB coach.

FYI - Gray Crow was al golden's guy. I don't believe Fisch had anything to do with it. Golden offered him after a camp.

Fisch's guy was Preston Dewey, who seemed to have the benefit of being Ty Detmer's protege.

Fisch is an average playcaller and awful QB evaluator. He was given a top 5 pick to mentor and lost the job after one year. The only reason he got that job in the first place is because of his prior relationship with Bradley in Seattle. Two seasons later and a failed stint with the Jags and his mythological status continues to grow. Go look at how Fisch's offenses performed against the best competition it faced during his time here. Failure. Couple of garbage time TDs to make things look better than they actually were. He beat up on awful competition.

Lets just forget that Golden picked him. That should be enough of a taint.

If Jedd is an "average playcaller" that makes Coley a girls JV Lacrosse coach.

Coley is absolute garbage in regards to play calling, game day management, and mid game adjustments. He's one of the worst I've seen. I've been saying it since halfway through his first season but the only reason he isn't more hated around here is because everyone's attention the last couple of years has been on Golden and Onfrio, and as such all the hatred has been spewed in that direction and Coley has gone relatively under the radar.

He's absolutely horrible as a playcaller...I can't reiiterate this enough. Anyone that wouldn't want Jedd over Coley is outside their **** mind.

Yes he can recruit...but who the **** cares. I want my "OC" to "OC"...let position coaches and other guys on staff recruit. Going with a rah-rah recruiter as his X's and O's guy is one of the many mistakes that Golden will eventually look back at as part of his demise here.

Who cares what Coley is or isn't? Jedd Fisch isn't a good playcaller and you add to the fact that he would be coaching the likes of Preston Dewey, Gray Crow, Ryan Williams and dopey Kevin Olsen if he had his way and he can GTFO too. Longing for mediocrity because the current guy stinks is asinine. All this stuff about I want an OC who is an OC seems silly too. You don't want the guy running the offense and has the dual role as QB coach to be able to identify good QBs? Who's job is it then? We leaving it up to Carroll? Ice? Scott? He has proven to be a bad evaluator of QBs at the college level. He may not need to recruit RBs and WRs but he **** sure better be able to identify and recruit a good QB.

Lol. dont even know what an avg play caller is

Advertisement
Fisch far better than Coley, but it's a new staff headed by Butch or Schiano I want. Maybe the new year would bring in a surprise.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back