Some good news concernng the NCAA investigation.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 1823
  • Start date
If they are going that far back... I hope they don't try and take our National championship (2001)... but all I see us losing is 3 schollies for 2 or 3 years each and 2 more bowl bands... and just some recruitng time off. Nothing else...

this 3 bowl ban crap??? seriously? UCF got 2 and they had LOIC, and their whole sports admin was involved. our admin is clear it was violations by the assistant coaches. maybe another bowl ban at the worst, with scholarship reductions. previous coaches on show cause. this will fall in line with their current pattern of punishment. the coaches that had the guilt hurt stoutland hill etc will feel the heat. miami has moved on and removed the old coaches and anyone that had anything to do with that.

Advertisement
If they are going that far back... I hope they don't try and take our National championship (2001)... but all I see us losing is 3 schollies for 2 or 3 years each and 2 more bowl bands... and just some recruitng time off. Nothing else...

this 3 bowl ban crap??? seriously? UCF got 2 and they had LOIC, and their whole sports admin was involved. our admin is clear it was violations by the assistant coaches. maybe another bowl ban at the worst, with scholarship reductions. previous coaches on show cause. this will fall in line with their current pattern of punishment. the coaches that had the guilt hurt stoutland hill etc will feel the heat. miami has moved on and removed the old coaches and anyone that had anything to do with that.

UCF only got one post-season ban.

You nail someone early, you don't have to go back in time picking through someone's scat.

The further back you go is indicative of nothing of substance found to date. Note - OF SUBSTANCE.

Dinner here, drink there, bowling shoe rental - illegal, but nothing earth shattering.

If theyre going back that far, that pretty much means they dont have a whole lot concerning these recent accusations. I mean, if there was concrete validity to Shapiro's many claims, why would they waste resources tryna to dig up stuff on players from 9 years ago? I dont think we totally skate, but im feeling very positive that the punishment will not be program crippling, and we'll be able to move forward aggressively.

I say 3 years probation, 2 year bowl ban, and 3-4 schollies docked over the next 3 seasons.

i think they are just doing their due diligence and looking into all the allegations from the yahoo fantastic voyage

they have to go back that far no matter what. This story garnered tons of negative attention and if the NCAA doesn't do it's due diligence then it will get blasted by numerous media outlets. This was the most sensationalized story about college athletics in recent memory. The NCAA is a political entity and they will cover their *** and say we ran down every rabbit hole to validate/disprove the allegations made by Shapiro. The NCAA going back that far doesn't necessarily imply one way or the other how the investigation is going, it just shows that they are doing their due diligence in the investigation. I will say that Randy Shannon getting a job and Aubrey Hill resigning gives a better picture of how the investigation is going more than anything else. If rumors start popping up about Hurtt's status then we really know how things are going.

Advertisement
I'm tired of reading all this NCAA looking here, so-and-so said this, I think we get this, we're not gonna skate, we're gonna skate, how far back are they going...blah blah blah.

I just want this **** wrapped up because the talk of it has gotten tired. Too bad they won't be done until March.

UCF only got one post-season ban.

im meant total, they got in basketball too. sorry

Advertisement
Back