Some good news concernng the NCAA investigation.....

• Thread starter Deleted member 1823
  • Start date
Advertisement
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...s-ncaaum-news-canes-marlins-heat-tidbits.html

I would be shocked if coach Golden is not clean as a whistle. The one thing that blows my mind is they were now just talking to that clothing store. What the heck have they been doing over the last year? They are taking forever to get this investigation wrapped up. They must be looking at every single detail that Shapiro claimed in that Yahoo report. :mad:

Well it's official NCAA are going all the way back to 2000 ...
Although this is not a good thing,no one is talking but the former coaches..
(I don't believe Sean Allen has spoken to NCAA)
(Clint ,Hill,Stouland can only speak on there role in YAhoo story )

IMO

I say no bowl ban
and 12 S'ship remove
with 4 year of probation
reduction in recruiting visits by coaches and trips by prospects

practice time decrease by 5 hours a week

WE Skate !!!!!

Last edited:
8.gif

Advertisement
If theyre going back that far, that pretty much means they dont have a whole lot concerning these recent accusations. I mean, if there was concrete validity to Shapiro's many claims, why would they waste resources tryna to dig up stuff on players from 9 years ago? I dont think we totally skate, but im feeling very positive that the punishment will not be program crippling, and we'll be able to move forward aggressively.

I say 3 years probation, 2 year bowl ban, and 3-4 schollies docked over the next 3 seasons.

If theyre going back that far, that pretty much means they dont have a whole lot concerning these recent accusations. I mean, if there was concrete validity to Shapiro's many claims, why would they waste resources tryna to dig up stuff on players from 9 years ago? I dont think we totally skate, but im feeling very positive that the punishment will not be program crippling, and we'll be able to move forward aggressively.

I say 3 years probation, 2 year bowl ban, and 3-4 schollies docked over the next 3 seasons.

not necessarily there brotha

Advertisement
Well if no one from back then are talking I wonder if the NCAA will move on from that or will they try to ***** us and just use what the yahoo report said. That stuff always bothered me the most because the stuff under Shannon seemed relatively minor. Dinner here, some drinks there.

I'm not as optimistic as some. If you think they have taken over a yr to just come back with a couple of scholarships reductions , and another bowl ban , thenI like to sell you some swamp land. This investigation has gone on for a long time, you can bet they will come back with harsh sanctions.

Don't take this as though I am attacking you but that right there is delusion at it's finest. The very fact that they are investigating that far back is a bad sign, if anything. There are statues of limitations here and I believe that they were 4 or 5 years, so there had to have been something uncovered in these last 5 years in order for them to go back even further. The idea is that if you don't uncover anything then that is it you don't go any further, not the other way around.

Advertisement
I'm not as optimistic as some. If you think they have taken over a yr to just come back with a couple of scholarships reductions , and another bowl ban , thenI like to sell you some swamp land. This investigation has gone on for a long time, you can bet they will come back with harsh sanctions.

What's harsh in your estimation?

I really have no idea, other than to think they have spent money, time, resources, to just come back with a slap on the wrist makes it hard to belive. The other issue for me is the court of public opinion, most of the college world wants to see us hang; and after the Penetration State ruling Its hard to remain optimistic. I hope I'm wrong!

### An NCAA investigator visited Shelly Bloom Fashion Clothiers in Miami a couple of weeks ago to try to get Bloom to corroborate some of Nevin Shapiro’s claims. Bloom said he told the NCAA “nothing,” but “I did try to sell them some suits.”

Bloom said Yahoo! got it wrong when it reported that Bloom confirmed Shapiro spent thousands on suits and clothing for Devin Hester, Tavares Gooden and Willis McGahee. Bloom insists he never said that.

### A UM Board of Trustee member said the top of the school's administration believes the latest allegations against Al Golden (that he was aware of Sean Allen’s improper involvement with recruits at that time) are not true. “I have no doubt he’s not involved,” said one-high level UM official who speaks to Golden a lot. “He’s as clean as you can be.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...canes-marlins-heat-tidbits.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement

I really have no idea, other than to think they have spent money, time, resources, to just come back with a slap on the wrist makes it hard to belive. The other issue for me is the court of public opinion, most of the college world wants to see us hang; and after the Penetration State ruling Its hard to remain optimistic. I hope I'm wrong!

Would you consider UCF's punishment harsh?

If they are going that far back... I hope they don't try and take our National championship (2001)... but all I see us losing is 3 schollies for 2 or 3 years each and 2 more bowl bands... and just some recruitng time off. Nothing else...

If they are going that far back... I hope they don't try and take our National championship (2001)... but all I see us losing is 3 schollies for 2 or 3 years each and 2 more bowl bands... and just some recruitng time off. Nothing else...

Shapiro started being a booster in 2002

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...s-ncaaum-news-canes-marlins-heat-tidbits.html

I would be shocked if coach Golden is not clean as a whistle. The one thing that blows my mind is they were now just talking to that clothing store. What the heck have they been doing over the last year? They are taking forever to get this investigation wrapped up. They must be looking at every single detail that Shapiro claimed in that Yahoo report. :mad:

Have to be concerned that they are looking at allegations going back that many years.
Sounds like the NCAA is on a fishing expedition.
Looking at the bigger picture....I'm not sure how this is good news.

Advertisement
Back