Some good **** from Jacques Patrick, other info

I think everyone in the recruiting industry felt Patrick, a member of the Rivals250 to Watch for 2015, was a Florida State lock when the 'Noles accepted the commitment of his brother Javonte Seabury. However, Seabury and the Seminoles have parted ways, and he verbally committed to FIU.

Patrick and his family are comfortable with FSU and his recruiting coach Rick Trickett; still, you get the feeling that Miami has a nice chance when you factor in that FIU and UM are located only 8 miles apart. Patrick took an unofficial visit to UM for its spring game in March and spent one-on-one time with new running backs coach Hurlie Brown. FSU, Florida, Michigan and Ohio State are in the mix as well. He has family in the Detroit area and is comfortable with the Midwest.
rivals

Advertisement
So nobody brings up that Patrick ripped off over 400 yards last night and 6 TD's....

His second 6td game in a row. Kid is a ******* monster. Would take him over every back in the state and possibly the country next year. Don't care what people say Patrick is running behind an Oline that doesn't have a single kid who is going to play College ball higher than at Stetson.

So nobody brings up that Patrick ripped off over 400 yards last night and 6 TD's....

His second 6td game in a row. Kid is a ****ing monster. Would take him over every back in the state and possibly the country next year. Don't care what people say Patrick is running behind an Oline that doesn't have a single kid who is going to play College ball higher than at Stetson.

Eye popping stats!!!

Advertisement
Forgive me for asking, but what does Jacques project as? Yeldon? Mack Brown? Gurley? What kind of back are we talking about here? I feel like I'm missing all the hype.

He is a big power back. He isn't the complete package w/ incredible burst, acceleration and such, I don't think he is a 1st round talent. However, I do believe he will very productive in college and has the potential to rush for 800-1100 yards in college. He is a top ten rb in the nation for the 2015 class and would be a perfect compliment with Joseph Yearby.

I dont think he compares to any of the backs you mentioned.

His film - http://youtu.be/kjMKCHELSbs

You are underestimating Patrick in a major way.

We will see what Timber Creek is really made of next week when they play a district game when Winter Park HS and 2014 DE Trent Harris coming calling. The other teams Patrick has rolled up crazy stats against are normally very good teams in Boone HS and Olympia but this year they are both having a down year. But WP is rolling this year so it will be a good test for Patrick in terms of carrying his team literally.

http://floridahsfootball.com/2013/03/14/timber-creek-wolves-2013-football-schedule/

Advertisement
Forgive me for asking, but what does Jacques project as? Yeldon? Mack Brown? Gurley? What kind of back are we talking about here? I feel like I'm missing all the hype.

He is a big power back. He isn't the complete package w/ incredible burst, acceleration and such, I don't think he is a 1st round talent. However, I do believe he will very productive in college and has the potential to rush for 800-1100 yards in college. He is a top ten rb in the nation for the 2015 class and would be a perfect compliment with Joseph Yearby.

How so? Only 32 guys get drafted in the first round every year, and to be a RB drafted in the first round you have to be very special.

From his film are you telling me he has at the burst, acceleration, & lateral movement that I said he lacked?

How so? Only 32 guys get drafted in the first round every year, and to be a RB drafted in the first round you have to be very special.

From his film are you telling me he has at the burst, acceleration, & lateral movement that I said he lacked?

This^^^^

This is his SOPHMORE highlight film... His first year at RB. He was the ******* QB as a freshman when he played at east river. You have NEVER seen this kid play in person. He is on a whole different level. Florida State offered him just a few games into his FRESHMAN year bro.... If this kid played at Booker T the entire board would be creaming in their panties. Blows me away the constant love fest and overrating of certain players on this site... all while ignoring kids that are way better... :crownpour:

Last edited:
Team01 you obviously are a biased opinion to Patrick. Also, two of his 2015 OL have d1 offers iirc. But how good an OL is in Highschool has nothing to do with where they'll end up in college. Archbishop mccarthy had the best ol in Broward in 2011 and none of their kids went anymore. I'm not judging him off how bad or good his OL is. I'm judging him off how he runs, hits the hole, his vision, etc.

Patrick is a national recruit. If you haven't noticed, he isn't the only freshman RB/ATH in the nation getting offered by big schools his freshman year. While Patrick is putting up incredible stats, there are many other top junior rbs doing the same.

Seeing a player in person tells you a lot more about a kid, but you don't need to see him in person to make an assessment. Who isn't giving Patrick love? Everyone says he's a good player, but we don't have to anoint Patrick the next AP in order to give him "love". Honestly, do you believe Patrick's lateral movement & acceleration + burst is at an elite level?

Obviously if he went to Booker T more people would talk about the player, because they could personally attest to his skill level. What the "board" says has nothin to do with my comments. There's a reason why Patrick is the #1 RB on Miami's board. He's a beast and a man-child. I just believe it's to early to be calling him the next Tj Yeldon. Yes I know he was just a sophomore, but when Timber Creek played a stout defense, Apopka they lost 56-14. I'm not sure of Patrick's stats, but I'm sure they weren't as eye popping.

If my comments came off as bashing, I apologize but I believe they were a fair assessment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
I live in Orlando and this summer while giving a family friend's son whom I am mentoring a tour we ran into Patrick and some other TC players, Patrick is a every bit the man child in person , an definitely one of the first 10 kids you want coming off the team bus when you arrive at the opponents field. The young man I mentoring was in town from Michigan and wanted to compare Florida talent to Michigan talent, since he moved there from Cali he has been one of the top players in his district while playing for a state powerhouse, but he wanted to see how the florida's looked. He said Patrick was almost as bug as most of his linemen, which was a scary thought for him, since his game in michigan is predicated on speed against the slower farm kids and thought that Patrick was 40lbs heavier and faster then him was eye opening.

Go Canes.

Last edited:
Team01 you obviously are a biased opinion to Patrick. Also, two of his 2015 OL have d1 offers iirc. But how good an OL is in Highschool has nothing to do with where they'll end up in college. Archbishop mccarthy had the best ol in Broward in 2011 and none of their kids went anymore. I'm not judging him off how bad or good his OL is. I'm judging him off how he runs, hits the hole, his vision, etc.

Patrick is a national recruit. If you haven't noticed, he isn't the only freshman RB/ATH in the nation getting offered by big schools his freshman year. While Patrick is putting up incredible stats, there are many other top junior rbs doing the same.

Seeing a player in person tells you a lot more about a kid, but you don't need to see him in person to make an assessment. Who isn't giving Patrick love? Everyone says he's a good player, but we don't have to anoint Patrick the next AP in order to give him "love". Honestly, do you believe Patrick's lateral movement & acceleration + burst is at an elite level?

Obviously if he went to Booker T more people would talk about the player, because they could personally attest to his skill level. What the "board" says has nothin to do with my comments. There's a reason why Patrick is the #1 RB on Miami's board. He's a beast and a man-child. I just believe it's to early to be calling him the next Tj Yeldon. Yes I know he was just a sophomore, but when Timber Creek played a stout defense, Apopka they lost 56-14. I'm not sure of Patrick's stats, but I'm sure they weren't as eye popping.

If my comments came off as bashing, I apologize but I believe they were a fair assessment.

Yes, Timbercreek got stuffed vs Apopka in the Playoffs last year. They didnt even show up to the game. Patrick rushed for over 2,000 yards last year which is the 3rd highest total in Orlando History and he did it as a Sophmore. Right now he has almost 1000 yards in 3 1/2 games and 15TD's...

Look we all have opinions. I will leave you with this. The same team that Patrick just RAPED for 400+ and 6TD's held Bo Scarbrough to 55 yards rushing....

Advertisement
Back