Some first impressions

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
There have only been three practices. Two have been in helmets and shorts, and one has been in shells. It's too early to have much in-depth analysis of the team. But there are certain physical things you can pick up pretty quickly. These are a few first impressions from the freshman class:

- Kendrick Norton is quicker and more explosive than I thought. I pegged him as a space-eater, but he has shown the ability to get off of blocks and make plays. He dominated the 9v7 drill this morning.

- Lawrence Cager gets in and out of his breaks very well for a tall receiver. Still needs to get stronger, though.

- Sheldrick Redwine and Mike Jackson pass the look test. Both guys tested well and have made an early impression on the field. Jackson looks to have smoother hips, while Redwine has flashed impressive ball skills (especially in the red zone).

- Ty Gauthier is strong. He is playing guard and looks to be the most physically advanced of the incoming OL. Excited to see him in pads.

Advertisement
Shledrick Redwins is a MIami Hurricanes but the fans somehow twist it around and are mad at golden for not offering him earllier.

they are are a sad bunch of low lives.

Last edited:
Thanks Dmoney, that was a very insightful write up!

I still feel Norton needs to be redshirted for 2015 and let him develop properly an he could have a great career at Miami.

Go Canes

[video=youtube;3gwmsxfYwvo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gwmsxfYwvo[/video]

Advertisement
All of this is going go equal out to 5-7, 6-6.

Meh I'm more in to individial goals these days..I want Gus to have 1200 yards and Stacy to bounce back..Deon to have an injury free year and Chad to have 7-8 sacks these things would satisfy me

Appreciate the thoughtful and insightful talk. Great to discuss football instead of the mindless, negative babble.
There have only been three practices. Two have been in helmets and shorts, and one has been in shells. It's too early to have much in-depth analysis of the team. But there are certain physical things you can pick up pretty quickly. These are a few first impressions from the freshman class:

- Kendrick Norton is quicker and more explosive than I thought. I pegged him as a space-eater, but he has shown the ability to get off of blocks and make plays. He dominated the 9v7 drill this morning.

- Lawrence Cager gets in and out of his breaks very well for a tall receiver. Still needs to get stronger, though.

- Sheldrick Redwine and Mike Jackson pass the look test. Both guys tested well and have made an early impression on the field. Jackson looks to have smoother hips, while Redwine has flashed impressive ball skills (especially in the red zone).

- Ty Gauthier is strong. He is playing guard and looks to be the most physically advanced of the incoming OL. Excited to see him in pads.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back