Some Canes about to hit the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
See and I consider that discussions/debates on a discussion board, not confrontations. If you follow my posts I treat posters the way they treat me, that's how it should be.

I never have trouble with 95% of the guys on here and have plenty of "upvotes" and healthy debates with other cordial posters. BUT you come at me like a prick, you gonna get it back, probably worse.

Now I will let you 3 continue crying in here and step out, good day SF

Lmao

Advertisement
Wiggins got his degree today. Just sayin'...

So did Marshall Few, Gilbert Frierson, Lou Hedley, Zalontae Hillery, DJ Ivey, Tate Martell, N’Kosi Perry, DJ Scaife, and De’Andre Wilder, among others.
Well Few, Tate, Wilder, and Perry aren't on the team anymore. Out of the others, I would guess Wiggins and Hillery will hit the portal eventually.

cry baby GIF
eva green GIF

Advertisement
You are using "social media" and "fanbase" to rationalize who should have been drafted?

Tua went #5. Herbert went #6. The Dolphins chose...poorly...

View attachment 146791
Nice usage of air quotes but that was a pretty clear national consensus of 1a being Burrow, 1b being Tua, and then Herbert. Its only been one year and people have made a permanent judgment on whose the better qb, which is both incredibly premature and even laughable. I was only using social media as an example.

Nice usage of air quotes but that was a pretty clear national consensus of 1a being Burrow, 1b being Tua, and then Herbert. Its only been one year and people have made a permanent judgment on whose the better qb, which is both incredibly premature and even laughable. I was only using social media as an example.

I'm not sure that you understand the difference between air quotes and actual quotes, but I digress.

I don't give a **** what the "clear national consensus" was, which is why a team needs to do its own evaluations and not get sucked into the "Tank for Tua" peer pressure, which began before Burrow was the clear #1. And let's not forget that there was once a DEBATE on Peyton Manning vs. Ryan Leaf.

We should also not forget the substantial concern over Tua's injury history. Unfortunately, the Dolphins were laser-focused on Tua, to the exclusion of anyone else, and they were never going to take Burrow or Herbert.

The point is, there were plenty of people like myself and @caneinorlando who wanted no parts of Tua. And we are correct for Year 1 and we will be correct for career.

I'm not sure that you understand the difference between air quotes and actual quotes, but I digress.

I don't give a **** what the "clear national consensus" was, which is why a team needs to do its own evaluations and not get sucked into the "Tank for Tua" peer pressure, which began before Burrow was the clear #1. And let's not forget that there was once a DEBATE on Peyton Manning vs. Ryan Leaf.

We should also not forget the substantial concern over Tua's injury history. Unfortunately, the Dolphins were laser-focused on Tua, to the exclusion of anyone else, and they were never going to take Burrow or Herbert.

The point is, there were plenty of people like myself and @caneinorlando who wanted no parts of Tua. And we are correct for Year 1 and we will be correct for career.
That's ridiculous to assume an NFL team doesn't do their own evaluations or never even remotely wanted Burrow or Herbert at all, it was even heavily rumored we offered all our first round picks to Cincy and they passed. I'm not crowning anyone after year 1 considering too much evidence exists of nfl qb's struggling year 1 & becoming great qb's (Peyton Manning from your example & Josh Allen more recently).

Advertisement
I'd put the odds of Hillery being on the roster next year the same as me being on the roster. Same with Herbert

Advertisement
That's ridiculous to assume an NFL team doesn't do their own evaluations or never even remotely wanted Burrow or Herbert at all, it was even heavily rumored we offered all our first round picks to Cincy and they passed. I'm not crowning anyone after year 1 considering too much evidence exists of nfl qb's struggling year 1 & becoming great qb's (Peyton Manning from your example & Josh Allen more recently).

Peyton Manning did not "struggle" as a rookie. First, he went to a bad team (which is why the Colts had the #1 overall pick). He was an NFL All-Rookie first teamer. He threw for over 3,700 yards and 26 TDs and set 5 rookie QB records (yes, including interceptions). The team finished 3-13 and would have been .500 if they had not blown FIVE games in which they were ahead by double-digits, which is an issue that can be blamed on the DEFENSE.

As for Josh Allen, the reason he struggled as a rookie was because he was re-making his throwing motion to improve his accuracy. There were no such issues with Burrow, Herbert, or Tagavailoa.

And about those "rumors", that's just a bunch of crap that was stirred up by draftniks. There is no way in **** that Cincinnati turned down 3 #1 picks. I'm sure some draftheads speculated about that, but it never happened. Miami was all-in on Tua for nearly 2 years, and only threw out a bunch of static around the time of the draft to make sure no other team jumped between 1 and 5 to steal Tua.

Advertisement
Peyton Manning did not "struggle" as a rookie. First, he went to a bad team (which is why the Colts had the #1 overall pick). He was an NFL All-Rookie first teamer. He threw for over 3,700 yards and 26 TDs and set 5 rookie QB records (yes, including interceptions). The team finished 3-13 and would have been .500 if they had not blown FIVE games in which they were ahead by double-digits, which is an issue that can be blamed on the DEFENSE.

As for Josh Allen, the reason he struggled as a rookie was because he was re-making his throwing motion to improve his accuracy. There were no such issues with Burrow, Herbert, or Tagavailoa.

And about those "rumors", that's just a bunch of crap that was stirred up by draftniks. There is no way in **** that Cincinnati turned down 3 #1 picks. I'm sure some draftheads speculated about that, but it never happened. Miami was all-in on Tua for nearly 2 years, and only threw out a bunch of static around the time of the draft to make sure no other team jumped between 1 and 5 to steal Tua.
Peyton by historical rookie standards didn't struggle & he did throw for 3000 yards & 26 TD's like you indicated on a bad team...........but he also threw 28 picks, which is an incredibly high amount compared to his future TD/INT ratio.

And for Allen, he may have had to rework his throwing motion but he was still a highly coveted first rounder whose biggest concern pre-draft was his lack of competition coming from Wyoming, he was objectively awful year 1 and credit to him & Ken Dorsey for his improvement.

I won't disagree that Tua was the likely # 1 target for Grier/ Flores but unless you or I have connections to the Fins or some other NFL front office we have no clue how feasible or not trade offers for Burrow were considering doubt may have crept in post Tua hip injury.

All in all its incredibly early & history shows 1 year is too small a sample size to clearly say someone is definitively better, although your Herbert prediction may end up being spot on.

Taking Waddle that high was insane to me. He’s shorter than Parrish and Moss. Waddle is not on Moss level for **** sure athletically. I’d say closer to Roscoe. I love Roscoe but not at 6 overall. Tavon Austin is the most recent and best Waddle comparison. They are the same size with very similar traits. Jeff Fisher reached after the best WR came off the board and took Austin at #8. I really wonder if they took input and how much it was weighed from Tua.
Smith has Marvin Harrison/Tory Holt written all over him.
If both are healthy, what does Smith do better than Waddle?

If both are healthy, what does Smith do better than Waddle?
High points the ball, back shoulder, and runs smoother routes. Waddle has more wiggle but that rarely translates to a legit #1 WR the NFL, especially at his small stature.

History repeats itself. Eerie similar to the Fins overdrafting the OSU kid because he was supposed to be the next Hester. Problem was he wasn’t quite Hester in the return game and had suspect hands. Now they are taking a vastly undersized WR to be a #1 because he’s the next Hill. Is Waddle Hill? I don’t see it. Hill plays with a huge chip every time he touches the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back