Some background info on Burns decommitment

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Miami Northwestern cornerback Thomas Burns tweeted out his decommitment last night -- and that should not be a surprise if you've been following this recruiting cycle.

Burns, the younger brother of former Cane and current Pittsburgh Steeler Artie Burns, has a standing offer from Miami for a track scholarship. Although he had been "committed" to Miami, the football staff has not been recruiting him for this cycle.

Of note: Artie and Thomas have been aware of the situation with Miami and understood it was in his best interests to look elsewhere if he does decide to play football at the next level. However, if he does decide to stick with primarily track then he could very well end up as a Hurricane. From my understanding, Artie is actually an advocate of Thomas pursuing a track career.

Advertisement
Appreciate the information, Pete. I'll be rooting for Artie as well as Thomas (as long as Thomas doesn't go to FSU or UF).

will Florida offer him and then claim they flipped him from Miami

Thanks for the info. Sounds like it was handled well all around.

Definitely still rooting for Thomas Burns. He seems to be a BCS level football prospect at DB, but with the class/targets we have at DB this cycle, the room for him just wasn't there. With that said, it wouldn't be a bad decision at all for him to focus on track. He has the top 300 M hurdle time in the nation this year and, I believe, the 2nd fastest high school time ever behind Miami's own Bershawn "Batman" Jackson. He could be a future Olympian.

Advertisement

Definitely still rooting for Thomas Burns. He seems to be a BCS level football prospect at DB, but with the class/targets we have at DB this cycle, the room for him just wasn't there. With that said, it wouldn't be a bad decision at all for him to focus on track. He has the top 300 M hurdle time in the nation this year and, I believe, the 2nd fastest high school time ever behind Miami's own Bershawn "Batman" Jackson. He could be a future Olympian.

Batman retired this past weekend after a meet in Iowa at Drake University.

Glad Artie, the football and track staff, and thomas are all on the same page and there are no hard feelings.

Track scholarship and walk on for football maybe?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Too many great DB prospects to take up a spot as a favor to an alum. That's just bidness.

I'll be waiting for Brewster's bottom bytch to shred UM for this.

Hopefully he comes here on the track scholarship. But, good luck to the kid if he chooses to go to another school to play football

Can he run track all four years and practice with the football team? He would still have eligibility for football after track if he stays to do a masters or something.

Just appreciate Artie a whole lot and wish we had a spot for his brother. But this DB class is loaded.

Advertisement
Can he run track all four years and practice with the football team? He would still have eligibility for football after track if he stays to do a masters or something.

Just appreciate Artie a whole lot and wish we had a spot for his brother. But this DB class is loaded.

Yes, as long as he doesn't play in games he doesn't convert to a football scholarship. That's what I thought was the plan originally.

Advertisement
Paul williams at Illinois wants him.. if he did decide to play football, i tjink he takes that Illinois offer

Batman retired this past weekend after a meet in Iowa at Drake University.

grew up with him and that is still my homie...Young humble dude

Hope he takes the track Scholly. University of Miami should have a top 10 track team every year with the talent in the area.

[video=youtube;Qw5OwgDtFNs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw5OwgDtFNs[/video]

Gets me every. single. *******. time!!! I actually just sat down and listened to the lyrics for the first time. Its like viewing it again for the first time. Playa Pete got that Work...

Advertisement
Back