Some background info on Burns decommitment

View as article
[video=youtube;Qw5OwgDtFNs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw5OwgDtFNs[/video]

Gets me every. single. ****ing. time!!! I actually just sat down and listened to the lyrics for the first time. Its like viewing it again for the first time. Playa Pete got that Work...

It is amazing. Who at Unibrow Productions came up with this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
How much money can he earn in track compared to playing in the NFL? Track is like a liberal arts degree.

Can he run track all four years and practice with the football team? He would still have eligibility for football after track if he stays to do a masters or something.

Just appreciate Artie a whole lot and wish we had a spot for his brother. But this DB class is loaded.

Yes, as long as he doesn't play in games he doesn't convert to a football scholarship. That's what I thought was the plan originally.

No. It doesn't work that way. If he runs track, he loses athletic eligibility whether he plays football or not. Otherwise, he could do 8 years (4 track and 4 football) of sports. You don't get do do that. You only get 4 years of athletic participation. For example, if he ran track for his 1st 2 years and walked onto the football team, but didn't actually play until his junior year, he would only have his junior and senior year to play football. If he doesn't join the football team until his junior year after running track his 1st 2 years, he still only has 2 years to play football.

Also, he could not red shirt in football and run track. He still loses eligibility.

How much money can he earn in track compared to playing in the NFL? Track is like a liberal arts degree.

There are thousands of track guys out there and you've heard of like 6 of them, and if you haven't heard of them they aren't getting paid very much. Most of the Olympic level guys get a stipend, gear, and travel money but still have to work another job.

Advertisement
Back