Solution to recruiting?

Diaz needs a sit down with Jimmy. He was a master at player manipulation. Find out what he would do. He would at least improve the recruiting situation.

Advertisement
I think part of the reason Richt was slowly going by the wayside is he wasn’t able to adapt on the recruiting front in addition to his old offense. He couldn’t adapt to the new style of recruiting and the kids were playing him. Making him look like a fool. Twice this season we had a silent commit only for Bama to swoop in at the last second. Funny enough both were defensive line. Bogle you can argue whether we ever had a chance but I’m talking about ingraham and Harris

"we won last year and still miss on some top recruits despite are #8 class"......... So you understand how winning is the MOST important thing. Missed out on top recruits BUT still had a top 10 class. And you said that as if consistently having a top 10 class wouldn't make a difference. Imagine if we pulled a #8 class 3yrs in a row. Just think about how different everything would be.
#8 may look good on paper, but it may not make much difference. We still missed out top targets and players on key positions. We have to drop the bag if want to win NC

What's the solution to recruiting besides dropping some bags. I would say just winning would be the solution but we won last year and still miss on some top recruits despite are #8 class and Fsu who didn't even make a bowl game is still doing pretty good. So what can we do?

Personally I think if you have all these kids practically living on campus and not commiting, and rumor of leaving and taking visits and **** like that, then theres needs to be a change in the recruiting strategy. If I'm not mistaking we have been recruiting TS and Bogle for a pretty long time and they never commited, the sale has been other cases like this too. That being said there is plenty of Sfl talent and talent across the US who probably would want to come to Miami and make the crib great, so drop them and look for other people.

Having a coaching staff first would go a long way in recruiting, would you agree ?

Solution isn’t taking lower non Miami level kids. It’s consistently winning, but tbh you’re always going to lose some of the elite kids to other schools. Nothing will change that, you just need to have backup plans. Stevenson wasn’t going to come even if we had gone 11-1. Same w Bogle.

Advertisement
#8 may look good on paper, but it may not make much difference. We still missed out top targets and players on key positions. We have to drop the bag if want to win NC

Well never get away w that bc people in Miami care about themselves and not the team like college town fans. The city doesn’t live and die off cfb for its economy half the year. We had a rental car guy out players, we had a felon booster out players, and even a ****** rapper out players for not starting his boy at qb

Diaz needs a sit down with Jimmy. He was a master at player manipulation. Find out what he would do. He would at least improve the recruiting situation.

Jimmy will really be helpful in understanding kids today even though he recruited more than two decades ago. Great idea!

I think Miami needs to get someone who can evaluate a little better. Their were 4 stars who we never offered in our own back yard that went elsewhere and blew up. Most 5 stars are National recruits, some local 4 stars or high 3 stars end up going out of state due to lack of attention. If Miami would have recruited John Dunmore early, we would have had him and Payton. Now we are late to the game and he is going to PSU. TJ Jones same thing. Was all Haselwood basket worth missing on Dunmore....nope, but we did it anyway.

Advertisement
Simple just WIN!! 11-12 games a season!! And cut off all the cancer in the locker room that does not buy into the new program .

What's the solution to recruiting besides dropping some bags. I would say just winning would be the solution but we won last year and still miss on some top recruits despite are #8 class and Fsu who didn't even make a bowl game is still doing pretty good. So what can we do?

Personally I think if you have all these kids practically living on campus and not commiting, and rumor of leaving and taking visits and **** like that, then theres needs to be a change in the recruiting strategy. If I'm not mistaking we have been recruiting TS and Bogle for a pretty long time and they never commited, the sale has been other cases like this too. That being said there is plenty of Sfl talent and talent across the US who probably would want to come to Miami and make the crib great, so drop them and look for other people.
Until UM becomes relevant again the SEC teams will get the players. You can try & sell what UM was, but these kids have no clue what a winning UM team is.

Advertisement
Back