Solution to recruiting?

twes.305

Senior
What's the solution to recruiting besides dropping some bags. I would say just winning would be the solution but we won last year and still miss on some top recruits despite are #8 class and Fsu who didn't even make a bowl game is still doing pretty good. So what can we do?

Personally I think if you have all these kids practically living on campus and not commiting, and rumor of leaving and taking visits and **** like that, then theres needs to be a change in the recruiting strategy. If I'm not mistaking we have been recruiting TS and Bogle for a pretty long time and they never commited, the sale has been other cases like this too. That being said there is plenty of Sfl talent and talent across the US who probably would want to come to Miami and make the crib great, so drop them and look for other people.

Advertisement
"we won last year and still miss on some top recruits despite are #8 class"......... So you understand how winning is the MOST important thing. Missed out on top recruits BUT still had a top 10 class. And you said that as if consistently having a top 10 class wouldn't make a difference. Imagine if we pulled a #8 class 3yrs in a row. Just think about how different everything would be.

What's the solution to recruiting besides dropping some bags. I would say just winning would be the solution but we won last year and still miss on some top recruits despite are #8 class and Fsu who didn't even make a bowl game is still doing pretty good. So what can we do?

Personally I think if you have all these kids practically living on campus and not commiting, and rumor of leaving and taking visits and **** like that, then theres needs to be a change in the recruiting strategy. If I'm not mistaking we have been recruiting TS and Bogle for a pretty long time and they never commited, the sale has been other cases like this too. That being said there is plenty of Sfl talent and talent across the US who probably would want to come to Miami and make the crib great, so drop them and look for other people.

I would love for you to be right, but overcoming bags where the kid feels he is helping his family is probably not going to happen. Unless and until the bag game is outed, we are fighting and uphill battle and loosing ground annually.

Like last years class win 10 games play in a good bowl and put on an exocitinf product on both sides and the FRONT RUNNING croots will come

Let’s be honest those are our only chances as we will always lose TS croots to SEC schools who have bags

We need to adjust our board. If the kid isn't committed relatively early move on. We don't win these where the kid isn't sure and we need to fight lengthy battles. Clearly if a kid is on the fence we lose....bottom line. Don't waste resources on kids who are clearly looking to get out of Miami for whatever reason, bags included

Advertisement
Like last years class win 10 games play in a good bowl and put on an exocitinf product on both sides and the FRONT RUNNING croots will come

Let’s be honest those are our only chances as we will always lose TS croots to SEC schools who have bags
If Ts really wanted to come he would have been committed, we should have dropped and look at recruits around the US and not just Sfla, plenty of good recruit out there who would want to come to Miami.

Advertisement
$$ and fire flake

This.

Look at UCF. For years, they have invested a great deal of money into their coaching staff. Look at them now. Miami needs to figure out a way to win games without the elite of the elite. Miami needs to win recruiting battles with the Nunn’s of world. Become a consistent Top 15 program. The rest will take care of itself. This is going to take time. Díaz needs to hire the right OC and OL coach, and bring in transfers to fix our Defensive issues.

This.

Look at UCF. For years, they have invested a great deal of money into their coaching staff. Look at them now. Miami needs to figure out a way to win games without the elite of the elite. Miami needs to win recruiting battles with the Nunn’s of world. Become a consistent Top 15 program. The rest will take care of itself. This is going to take time. Díaz needs to hire the right OC and OL coach, and bring in transfers to fix our Defensive issues.
I hope that neither are from LA Tech, or Temple!

Advertisement

We can start by beating Indiana for Mullen, Syracuse for Nunn, UCF for Good, Clemson for Boateng, Minnesota for Brown, Oklahoma for Davis, etc, etc, etc.

Advertisement
We need to adjust our board. If the kid isn't committed relatively early move on. We don't win these where the kid isn't sure and we need to fight lengthy battles. Clearly if a kid is on the fence we lose....bottom line. Don't waste resources on kids who are clearly looking to get out of Miami for whatever reason, bags included

Agreed. Like how many times does this have to happen to you before you get it. UM is the side chick or the safe school. How can you have a guy hang out on campus so many times and you invest so much and he can’t let you know whether he’s committed to you or not. No silent commit bs either.

The solution.

Is to quit ****ting on guys that want to be part of your team. For guys that want to visits the campus everyday. That give you no commitment. That don't help build the class. That drag your resources out. Just to sign elsewhere.

This disaster of a class is on the coaching staff.

Manny better see or he is just going to continue a bad trend. That will get him fired and continue the slump this program is in.

Advertisement
Back