Solomon

Advertisement
Is there a more lame negative recruiting tactic in 2018 than harping on the weather? Every major program has indoor facilities, Ac, and heating. Are they living outdoors in tents? I can’t believe Hawaii isn’t #1 every year, 80 and sunny year round with better beaches than Miami and no hurricanes, sign me up.

Volcanic eruptions are consistently listed in the top 3 reasons kids pick a different school.

Huh? Lot's of people make life decisions based upon quality of life and the weather is a LARGE part of that decision-making process.

Why do you think more and more people every year are moving to California, Arizona, Texas, and Florida and the populations in Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, etc are shrinking?

Huh? Weather is the LARGE thing to consider for quality of life? Not stuff like state infrastructure, business growth, lower poverty rates, lower taxes, higher income, better jobs, cost of living, housing market, city life, or entertainment options? Interesting.

Correlation is not causation friend.
By your logic, FL should have been the most populated state for all of U.S. history and New York should not be the 4th biggest.
Can you use weather to explain why Wikipedia shows North Dakota, Washington, Oregon, Delaware, South Dakota, and Montana in the top 20 fastest growing states?
How many people do you know that actually prefer the 102+ degree desert summers of Arizona to 20-30 degree winters?
When people move to a place because of weather, I guess they just completely ignore Wildfires, Drought, Earthquakes, and Hurricanes?

The weather thing is annoying AF. I hate when the coaches put that **** on twitter. Embarrassing that that's what we have to use to try and lure recruits because everything else about this program is a dumpster fire.

The weather thing is annoying AF. I hate when the coaches put that **** on twitter. Embarrassing that that's what we have to use to try and lure recruits because everything else about this program is a dumpster fire.
That's thing it's not a dumpster fire, we have a brand new ipf, new dorms coming, great campus along with top notch academics, still produce a bunch of NFL players, and our stadium situation is great given all the circumstances.

Our problems are the people running the AD and we don't drop bags, they're not here for elite football. Our OC should been hired or at least targeted by now, Manny should have been retained even if it was for just one more season for the sake or recruiting and stability. Other programs have GMs and a ton of assistants we need to step in 2018.

Advertisement
im about 45 min from ann arbor.

that's actually really good weather for this time of year. looking forward to it

Correlation is not causation friend.
By your logic, FL should have been the most populated state for all of U.S. history and New York should not be the 4th biggest.
Can you use weather to explain why Wikipedia shows North Dakota, Washington, Oregon, Delaware, South Dakota, and Montana in the top 20 fastest growing states?
How many people do you know that actually prefer the 102+ degree desert summers of Arizona to 20-30 degree winters?
When people move to a place because of weather, I guess they just completely ignore Wildfires, Drought, Earthquakes, and Hurricanes?

The data from the US Census Bureau clearly shows populations in the south and west are gaining and the northeast and midwest are losing. There are a number of factors including cost of housing, taxes, overall cost of living, etc but climate is undeniably a factor in this.

Capture.PNG

Huh? Lot's of people make life decisions based upon quality of life and the weather is a LARGE part of that decision-making process.

Why do you think more and more people every year are moving to California, Arizona, Texas, and Florida and the populations in Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, etc are shrinking?
Jobs

Advertisement
The data from the US Census Bureau clearly shows populations in the south and west are gaining and the northeast and midwest are losing. There are a number of factors including cost of housing, taxes, overall cost of living, etc but climate is undeniably a factor in this.

View attachment 71465

LOL!!!!! Not again! Is this twice in one week you posted stats that didn't back up your own point. I am going to start calling you Mr. Wrong Stats. None of the NE states you posted are losing population.

Not arguing whether kids are picking schools because of weather or not. Reality is kids pick different schools for all sorts of reason. Me personally I would prefer a warm weather location but that’s not for everyone. However if you are going to debate why people move i.e. weather, affordability, jobs, taxes, housing, entertainment then use the proper statistics.

You can’t look at population growth charts because that includes changes due to natural changes from births and deaths or immigration. You have to look at net domestic migration. Below is the chart that shows those numbers. Here is the link for anyone who wants to read further: https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bu...te-domestic-migration-map-2016-to-2017-2018-1

A427C127-1868-4B2D-A707-0F8C05D8B12F.png

Man yall really need to let this weather thing go
Living in Colorado (which is not nearly as bad as Michigan) I can tell you that weather makes a big difference. I hate 4 months of the year lol I miss Atlanta weather

Advertisement
I lived in NY, kids leave sofla all the time head up north, sure some care about weather, but most don't, if the goal is to make it to NFL you're not going to be able to escape cold weather

It's the Benjamins that keep them warm.....

View attachment 71465
Maryland has a lot of people for it being smaller in size than Juneau, Alaska

Advertisement
The Weather didn't stop Devin Bush from going and becoming one of the best Linebackers in country!!!!!! We need to do a better job at keeping our kids man this is crazy

View attachment 71465
Living in Colorado (which is not nearly as bad as Michigan) I can tell you that weather makes a big difference. I hate 4 months of the year lol I miss Atlanta weather
I care too but that’s because we’re not 17 anymore. I spend 0.0% of my time at 17/18 complaining and worrying about the weather. They need to stop pitching that

Advertisement
Back