Solid win over UVA. I hope we win out.

Ibis Wingz

All-ACC
Having said that, I am sickened by three of the games we ****ed away: FSU, ND and UNC. While we don't have a top level team, we were good enough to beat those teams and it would be real nice sitting at 9-1 right now. That would help our recruiting and rebuilding efforts. I understand that there are some personnel issues, but there are some pretty dang good players on that team in key positions.

Advertisement
Agreed. I can't get that 4 game stretch out of my head. This season was set up perfectly for us to at least win the Coastal as both UNC and VT have proven they're average teams.

My preseason goal of 10 total wins and a Coastal title were, in fact, completely realistic. To see us **** that away is disheartening. Hopefully, we can make the best of this busted season and win out.

It was perfectly laid out for us this year.

You couldn't ask for better circumstances. Who cares if we would be a paper tiger at 9-1? As long as you beat the guys in front of you, it helps you with everything.

And I'm not so sure we'd even be a paper tiger.

Other than a small handful of teams in the top tier, I'm not sure how many teams out there with 1 or 2 losses are so much better than us that we don't stand a chance.

But to the main point, this season will always be tough to swallow. Of course, if we keep getting better and start having good seasons, etc. then it'll make it easier. But it all set up perfectly, from the schedule to the new coach and new facility momentum, **** even down to the uniforms.

In any case, not getting to the ACCCG this season is bad.

Advertisement
The FSU game was the perfect setup for us to finally end the ****** streak...

Beat up Redshirt Frosh QB, missing basically all their best players on Defense, their Defense had been getting gashed all year, their OL was the worst it's been in years & they got their sh*t pushed in vs Louisville earlier in the year...

Unveiling brand new uni's & ranked 10th, it couldn't have been written better, and just like that we ****** dropped it.

Refs screwed us on the Walton call back, Kaaya played like *** in the 2nd half, Berrios couldn't juke to save his life to score a PR TD & a blocked XP that would've gave us OT.

It just seemed like every scenario possible for us to lose happened consecutively & the Football gods were just laughing at us.

The UNC loss just ****ed me off completely... Probably the ****iest game we've played all year, with the exception of that 1st half vs ND.

After all of that, I'll still be happy with a 8-4 regular season, then finally winning a Bowl game. I like what I've seen the last two games & I want it to continue.

Last edited:
The ACC Coastal sucks every year....there will be a million more chances to win this God awful division.

Yeah we let a few slip away, but if we're being honest, 9-1 would've been the absolute optimal outcome. We already had depleted numbers, then dismissed three starters and lost more to injury. We caught some bad breaks in those close losses. The encouraging thing is we didn't go in the tank after the losing streak. In the past we probably would've laid down against Pitt and lost by 30.

Advertisement
imagine the refs don't call back that TD by Walton against FSU. Imagine the refs don't give UNC that touchdown in the first quarter.

We could be sitting 9-1 maybe 10-0. The two heart breaking loses to UNC and FSU killed the momentum for the following games. They got their heads out their *** during that second half at ND. But the damage was already done.

Although I predicted 10 wins, I think that was clearly a best case scenario. The only game Im actually really mad about and truly ****ed we lost was FSU which was just *** af. And I think Duke will be a tough game, but I definitely see us winning out. and if thats the case and we win 8 regular season games and if we get the bowl win im happy with what we have done and more importantly excited for next year. Thats the difference from Golden, while we could have finished with a better record this yr, i without a doubt believe we will only get better.
I think if only the OL improves from now to next year we will win 10 games. Id bet on Kaaya returning and If he does he needs to spend every minute working on his mobility and pocket movement. The defense has outperformed my expectations and will only get better, the only thing im worried about is our cb situation on that side of the ball.
Its great to be a Miami Hurricane

Advertisement
Although I predicted 10 wins, I think that was clearly a best case scenario. The only game Im actually really mad about and truly ****ed we lost was FSU which was just *** af. And I think Duke will be a tough game, but I definitely see us winning out. and if thats the case and we win 8 regular season games and if we get the bowl win im happy with what we have done and more importantly excited for next year. Thats the difference from Golden, while we could have finished with a better record this yr, i without a doubt believe we will only get better.
I think if only the OL improves from now to next year we will win 10 games. Id bet on Kaaya returning and If he does he needs to spend every minute working on his mobility and pocket movement. The defense has outperformed my expectations and will only get better, the only thing im worried about is our cb situation on that side of the ball.

I doubt we beat UNC, VT and FSU.

Advertisement

I doubt we beat UNC, VT and FSU.

Did you just say we beat VT without Kaaya in one post and then you doubt we beat VT in the very next post? Sums up the interweb and message boards.

Go Canes!

You guys do realize our schedule next year is just as favorable, you swap out App state, and FAU for Toledo, and Arkansas state; add in the fact ND is coming to us next year, and instead of NC State we got Syracuse its a pretty easy schedule for us.

Having said that, I am sickened by three of the games we ****ed away: FSU, ND and UNC. While we don't have a top level team, we were good enough to beat those teams and it would be real nice sitting at 9-1 right now. That would help our recruiting and rebuilding efforts. I understand that there are some personnel issues, but there are some pretty dang good players on that team in key positions.

I'm sure recruits can see the same and know we're on the cusp. With 2Gs riding on the over (7) I would love to have 9 wins, but it is what it is and this wasn't our year.

I hope we can win out for personal reason of-course, but also to continue development, growth, and an identity.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back