Solid Class... Good, not Great... B-

Advertisement
Average star ranking for the hated 2013 class: 3.4
Average star ranking for the loved 2012 class: 3.36

Now its not that simple but a lot of the hate for this class has to do with people not understanding our numbers limitations. A lot of really good players in the class. I'm at around a B-

A solid C, small class, good talent, a few holes. Most like me are downgrading on the local talent missed we thought we had. (Thomas, Collins, etc)

we need a DT, loosing thomas sucks but we have grace, and can load up on LB next year, and im sure we will have a big DT class next year, we will be ok, we just need to win big. We are going to have a good team this year.

Advertisement
I would say a solid C+. If we get Collins back it is a B. But anybody who says this class is D grade obviously has not seen some of these kids play. Burns and Carter are BEASTS and if they had been camping all over the country they would have been 5* guys. Especially Carter. ALA and LSU wanted these guys BAD. Coley is the best WR in the state and a top 5 in the country. Olsen is the goods. AQM is a beast. Beau is the best TE in the country and had offers from every school in the country. One analyst said he was SHOCKED that Beau chose UM. LOL. Said we were kinda lucky that the SEC schools couldn't offer. Whatever, ill take that.

I think we only missed on 3 guys I would consider studs. (Thomas, Collins, Bostwick) But every school misses. Kirkland wasnt a stud. He was a good player. Neither was Bryant. And Brooks was never coming. The guy was married. You think his wife wanted him here in Miami with all these fake a$$es walkin around? Lol. You see what happen with Dwayne Wade and his wife. Anyway, I like this group. It could have been better but its a good supplement to last years class. And we saved scholarships for the 2014 which we will definitely need.

B- grade in my Opinion.

Some really nice pieces in AQM, Burns, Olsen, Sandland, Coley and Grace. Some great values in Gus, Carter, Dobard and some depth. What diminished this class was missing on Thomas, a DT and maybe Collins. Other than that I see this adding to next years team which really only lost McGee.

Now on to UTOUGH!

Nice... Im sure the studs who signed and didnt play games dont appreciate the head cases screaming we didnt land ANYBODY!!!!

We landed some nice out of state prospects, but went 4 for 9 in South Florida. This was a top-heavy year with a lot of very, very good talent from the highest rated guy (Thomas), to the heavily underrated duo of Carter and Burns. Even so, we cannot continue to miss out on kids in our own backyard. These kids are our bread and butter.

My biggest fear is that when we look back on this class in 3-4 years, we see a complete repeat of 2009: Small class, got some big prospects but missed out on others, high bust rate. Larger classes minimize the amount of attention paid to the kids that didn't have success with wherever they signed, due to the volume of kids that worked out. In a 25 kid class you would realistically expect 7 or 8 kids to have real success, and that is only the case in a very good class. This class has 16, so we better end up batting a really high average on these kids.

I hope we save as many scholarships as possible for next year. Unless depth is simply nonexistent at a position, I am not in favor of taking plan B kids who will soon fall to attrition. At this point, we would be better off without the likes of Thurston Armbrister and Corey King, no offense to the kids themselves, but having extra space for the next year is always better. Of course, in the case of those two, we simply lacked bodies and it was necessary to take them on.

Someone actually gets it. +Rep

Advertisement
D+ as it is right now. C+ if we get Collins.

Explain or risk my one point of negging when the function is restored.

Missing on the local kids to this extent is unacceptable. I'm trying to remain positive here, I really am, but I just cannot think of a way to justify it that doesn't fall into the realm of excuse making.

All that said, it was not as bad as it could have been, but let's not pretend that this was even remotely close to the class Al Golden himself would have hoped for.

This.

I'll say c+ for me losing Thomas brought it down to A- automatically, losing Kirk to b+, losing Collins b-, and not getting a high quality def. tackle to c+, if the Collins frenzy sorts itself out In our favor, I'll move it up to b- or b

IMO as it stands, a solid class

Oh but for the record I give Al A+ on out of state recruiting

If you really believe that, then you only would have been satisfied with a top 5 recruiting class despite it being a small class and having the NCAA issue hanging over our heads. You're either delusional or crazy.

Advertisement
The way I see it is we got a top 11 player per position at:
QB
WR
DE
OLB
DB
TE

We missed on top 10 kid(s) at DT and RB.

Considering that this is a small class that should be bookended by big 2012 and 2014 classes, then I feel like thats 6 positions we definately improved on. Certainly not the trainwreck some are claiming.

Solid B for a small class. We missed 3 guys who would have made it an A+.

Advertisement

C'mon. exaggerate much? My biggest concern is the loss of Bostick, and it hurt big time. I'd also love to have Thomas and Collins. But the loss of those three does not obliterate the rest of the class, which is littered with studs. there is no way the grade should fall below a B, with the guys that we signed.

Last edited:
I think this is definitely a B class based upon who is in it, not on who could have been but chose not to be. We filled need positions and did so while only talking to 27 kids. Coach stated we would have talked to almost twice that many were it not for the NCAA fiasco.

The way I see it is we got a top 11 player per position at:
QB
WR
DE
OLB
DB
TE

We missed on top 10 kid(s) at DT and RB.

Considering that this is a small class that should be bookended by big 2012 and 2014 classes, then I feel like thats 6 positions we definately improved on. Certainly not the trainwreck some are claiming.

Solid B for a small class. We missed 3 guys who would have made it an A+.

Also if you are looking at Edwards as a FB then he is a top 10 kid at his position too.

Advertisement
Back