Solid Class... Good, not Great... B-

CANE4LIFE

Im a Political Refugee...
Look, We got a VERY good class Folks.... 2 of the Best DBs in the NATION. One of the best DEs in the NATION, two of the best TEs in the NATION, one of the best QBs in the NATION, we got two great JUCO LBs who can come in and contriute IMMEDIATELY. WE got a solid back to help Duke.... and the BEST WR IN FLORIDA. We did well today. No we didnt hit a home run, but it was a solid, if small class

We got some MAJOR Ballers. 3Lbs, 2 great DBs.... a beast at DE.... some VERY solid OL prospects, we KILLED at the TE spot.

Yes, we missed on a few guys, but overall, we did ok. It was NOT an apocalypse, and who knows maybe Collins is still in play.

Life will go on. Next year will be better once this NCAA thing is gone, and we start winning again.

Advertisement
Yup. It could have been better if some of these traitors decided to stay home, but I'm happy.

THE ONLY 2 MISSES THAT I "WORRY" ABOUT IS THOMAS AND COLLINS

POOPS SAID ALL ALONG I GAVE ZERO ***** ABOUT KEEF

KIRKLAND WASNT NEEDED

I REALLY LIKE THE CLASS

Nice... Im sure the studs who signed and didnt play games dont appreciate the head cases screaming we didnt land ANYBODY!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nice... Im sure the studs who signed and didnt play games dont appreciate the head cases screaming we didnt land ANYBODY!!!!

We landed some nice out of state prospects, but went 4 for 9 in South Florida. This was a top-heavy year with a lot of very, very good talent from the highest rated guy (Thomas), to the heavily underrated duo of Carter and Burns. Even so, we cannot continue to miss out on kids in our own backyard. These kids are our bread and butter.

My biggest fear is that when we look back on this class in 3-4 years, we see a complete repeat of 2009: Small class, got some big prospects but missed out on others, high bust rate. Larger classes minimize the amount of attention paid to the kids that didn't have success with wherever they signed, due to the volume of kids that worked out. In a 25 kid class you would realistically expect 7 or 8 kids to have real success, and that is only the case in a very good class. This class has 16, so we better end up batting a really high average on these kids.

I hope we save as many scholarships as possible for next year. Unless depth is simply nonexistent at a position, I am not in favor of taking plan B kids who will soon fall to attrition. At this point, we would be better off without the likes of Thurston Armbrister and Corey King, no offense to the kids themselves, but having extra space for the next year is always better. Of course, in the case of those two, we simply lacked bodies and it was necessary to take them on.

D+ as it is right now. C+ if we get Collins.

Explain or risk my one point of negging when the function is restored.

Missing on the local kids to this extent is unacceptable. I'm trying to remain positive here, I really am, but I just cannot think of a way to justify it that doesn't fall into the realm of excuse making.

All that said, it was not as bad as it could have been, but let's not pretend that this was even remotely close to the class Al Golden himself would have hoped for.

D+ as it is right now. C+ if we get Collins.

D+? Are you nuts? We got one of the top Qbs in the nation, the best WR in Florida, one of the top DEs in the nation, 3 LBs including a JUCO All American and a top local kid, 2 of the best DBs in the nation, we got the best JUCO TE in the nation, and one of the top incoming TEs in the nation. We got a solid big back who should be able to grow into a FB... we got 3 solid OLs.

THis was a good class. Yes, it could have been great with THomas, a stud DT and Collins, but its still a good solid class.

Missed on Thomas, Kirlland, Bryant, Bostwick, and Brooks. Collins is still probably going to Arkansas. Lol @ B anything.

Advertisement
Missed on Thomas, Kirlland, Bryant, Bostwick, and Brooks. Collins is still probably going to Arkansas. Lol @ B anything.

So Olsen, Coley, Sandman, AQM, Burns, Carter, Figs, Bond, Grace = C/D? No. Just No.

It was not what we hoped for by any means, don't get it twisted. But, all things considered it's solid small class.

Advertisement
Agreed. Possibly move to B+ if we can get Collins....
Look, We got a VERY good class Folks.... 2 of the Best DBs in the NATION. One of the best DEs in the NATION, two of the best TEs in the NATION, one of the best QBs in the NATION, we got two great JUCO LBs who can come in and contriute IMMEDIATELY. WE got a solid back to help Duke.... and the BEST WR IN FLORIDA. We did well today. No we didnt hit a home run, but it was a solid, if small class

We got some MAJOR Ballers. 3Lbs, 2 great DBs.... a beast at DE.... some VERY solid OL prospects, we KILLED at the TE spot.

Yes, we missed on a few guys, but overall, we did ok. It was NOT an apocalypse, and who knows maybe Collins is still in play.

Life will go on. Next year will be better once this NCAA thing is gone, and we start winning again.

As my school grades things, it's a BC. (A = 4.0, AB = 3.5, B = 3.0, BC = 2.5). Probably a 2.75, but can't help what Thomas the Traitor did. Totally ****ed us big time. Heard some bad things, plenty expected him to pick Miami today.

Advertisement
Back