sofla free agency thread

It's time to abolish these bogus laws that prohibit full-time employment under a certain age. 6th grade athletes deserve the opportunity to be 1099 independent contractors.

Advertisement
This is hilarious.

You know how many optonist ballers have not started a down og high school varsity football?

They got these kids in suits looking awkward as **** announcing high schools.. these parents n optomist coaxhes needs to be stopped because its obvious its not the kids at this point .

Willing to bet most trabsder at minimum twice in high school as they are already on a pedestal which will get knocked down as tgey rude bench at power house schools like st thonas

Exactly some kids may not grow anymore or they may quit playing football all together.

Also none of those kids reside in broward that will be attending sta...

Matter of fact that is supposed to be the feeder program for carol city high school hence them being the chiefs and coachrd by willie williams..

So when ask why cc is down or dade football is down you get a glimpse as to why

Last edited:
Train up a child and that’s the way they’ll go.

You have to blame the parents. And 2, it’s a different world with social media. I mean grown men get on here and cry about decisions that kids and their families make.

Advertisement
This is hilarious.

You know how many optonist ballers have not started a down og high school varsity football?

They got these kids in suits looking awkward as **** announcing high schools.. these parents n optomist coaxhes needs to be stopped because its obvious its not the kids at this point .

Willing to bet most trabsder at minimum twice in high school as they are already on a pedestal which will get knocked down as tgey rude bench at power house schools like st thonas
This is type of **** that sets most of these jits up for failure...

This is type of **** that sets most of these jits up for failure...
Thats what i was hinting at

You kbow how hard is to coach these partucular kids?. Because they are "ranked" this n that in the stateon 13 u ****** park football. Ask Macho..majority of them arent humble and want playing time right away even if they arent ready..n guess what if they dont get it...transferring.
They think its beneath them to play special teams and nothave "offers" as a freshman.

Theres kids who have yet to strap on a helmet that are gonna fly by these kids in he next 3.

And oh yea u heard it right..a kid from naples...playing optomist ball for carol city chiefs...parents should be ashamed of themselves. Its all a clout chase.

Advertisement
Thats what i was hinting at

You kbow how hard is to coach these partucular kids?. Because they are "ranked" this n that in the stateon 13 u ****** park football. Ask Macho..majority of them arent humble and want playing time right away even if they arent ready..n guess what if they dont get it...transferring.
They think its beneath them to play special teams and nothave "offers" as a freshman.

Theres kids who have yet to strap on a helmet that are gonna fly by these kids in he next 3.

And oh yea u heard it right..a kid from naples...playing optomist ball for carol city chiefs...parents should be ashamed of themselves. Its all a clout chase.
Bruh, how does the kid come back to Earth if **** don't pan out like everybody thinks it will? Stop putting these kids on pedestals for playing a game. A game that can be taken away from them in an instant, and can only be played until their mid to late 30's(for the most fortunate).

And what do you think this does to the egos of the ones that do pan out? This is how SoFla divas are made. They should be putting this kind of effort towards making sure these jits are more well rounded. I grew up with so many optimist legends that are dead, in jail or did a bid, or just existing. Remember, for every James Cook, there's a Tyrese "Smoke" Cooper...

Bruh, how does the kid come back to Earth if **** don't pan out like everybody thinks it will? Stop putting these kids on pedestals for playing a game. A game that can be taken away from them in an instant, and can only be played until their mid to late 30's(for the most fortunate).

And what do you think this does to the egos of the ones that do pan out? This is how SoFla divas are made. They should be putting this kind of effort towards making sure these jits are more well rounded. I grew up with so many optimist legends that are dead, in jail or did a bid, or just existing. Remember, for every James Cook, there's a Tyrese "Smoke" Cooper...
If I woulda told my Pops I was having a ceremony to announce which HIGH School I was going to attend after the 8th grade, he woulda looked at me like
giphy.gif

“WTF you say??..”

Advertisement
No denying sta, chaminade, and American heritage pluck from Dade and WPB. I am still surprised a couple of the Dillard stars decided to go to Miami-Dade public schools

even with the craziness, I am not in favor of transfer sit out rules like some northeast or out west states

Last edited:
It's the adults.

You wanna see a bunch of "grown men" act like straight up groupies towards teenagers? Come hang around South Florida high school football culture for a while.

Because of my "connections" or whatever, I hear a lot of the things that these coaches tell kids. (especially the kids who are in the HS "transfer portal")
They'll tell a kid ANYTHING to get in his good graces. And the kids, and more so their parents, are gullible as ****. They'll make all kinds of promises, talk **** about other programs and even lie on guys/coaches that they worked with and/or know personally. Anything to sway a kid in their direction. It's some real ho3 ****.

That's why HS coaching in South Florida is not a "fraternity" like it is in other areas. Coaches are supposed to admire and respect other coaches, especially in a place like FLA where we don't get paid ****. But most of these guys have talked too much **** about each other and burned too many bridges.

Advertisement
It's the adults.

You wanna see a bunch of "grown men" act like straight up groupies towards teenagers? Come hang around South Florida high school football culture for a while.

Because of my "connections" or whatever, I hear a lot of the things that these coaches tell kids. (especially the kids who are in the HS "transfer portal")
They'll tell a kid ANYTHING to get in his good graces. And the kids, and more so their parents, are gullible as ****. They'll make all kinds of promises, talk **** about other programs and even lie on guys/coaches that they worked with and/or know personally. Anything to sway a kid in their direction. It's some real ho3 ****.

That's why HS coaching in South Florida is not a "fraternity" like it is in other areas. Coaches are supposed to admire and respect other coaches, especially in a place like FLA where we don't get paid ****. But most of these guys have talked too much **** about each other and burned too many bridges.
Boy you ain't never lied, coach. One of the reasons I stopped coaching on the optimist level and turned down opportunities to coach HS down here. Too much coddling and sugarcoating **** for my liking. And in the end it's the kid that gets hurt the most...

This is a great hire for CC. I've been knowing Vern since he was in 7th grade. His pops coached with Coach Frazier and he played for them on those LOADED WW, KP and RJF defenses. Fellow Rattler also.

If he can keep Carol City kids in Carol City, they'll be back. Dude knows what the Orange & Black looks like as a powerhouse....
Vern was the middle line backer on those CC Teams and had offers before WW transfered over. Went to Famu when ien t was cool tro go to HBCU my era....when i went to HBCU over fcs offers as well

Advertisement
Back