sofla free agency thread

Innis gotta be the biggest Broward free agent since Scarlett switching from US to STA? I guess James Williams going back to AH but that seemed to be a locked in decision instead of Innis doing a HS list of top schools lol

I just read a HS kid listing his top schools for his next destination

smh

Advertisement
When I was at Western we were in a district with Everglades. We had an ongoing joke about them.

They always LOOKED great getting off the bus. Bunch of brothas, all black uniforms, talked a lot of ****, etc. But then the ball is kicked off and they're soft as Charmin. LOL. Never fails. They CLEARLY got the sorry leftovers from Miramar and Flanagan at the time.

They showed up to our field one night, late. They walked through our warm-ups talking ****, coaches included. Calling Wade Freebeck a "fake a$$ Tom Brady". Lmao. They tried to intimidate our West Davie kids with all that hood ****, BUT THEY'RE NOT HOOD.

We had our backups in by midway 3rd quarter. 😆 Blew them the fvck out.
Thats how they are seen by everyone around this way. I detailed it above...Wanna be Hoods.lol And definately what you said..the kids that couldnt start at Flanagan (whom is also garbage) or Miramar would just fine there way to Everglades.
Played against them 2 years ago...Senior Night for them..i swear they must have had 30 seniors...that half time was forever. They had the look, the size even......we beat them by 50.

Without making it p-rhymes with “litical”, there’s a reason that most of the western suburban high schools don’t care about having a good football team. Especially since it would involve bringing in kids from other neighborhoods. When I was in school, there was no Flanagan, Everglades or Cypress Bay. Weston kids went to Western and Pembroke Pines kids went to Cooper City. Obviously the population was a lot lower then. Also kids had to play for the school in their neighborhood. STA and to a lesser point Gibbons were the only recruiting private schools. The eastern schools (Dillard, Ely, Boyd Anderson) were generally the best public teams every year. The western suburb schools (Western, Cooper City, Taravella and Douglas) would get stomped by those guys every year. Oddly, Miramar wasn’t very good either. My senior year at Cooper City we only won two games, Miramar and a first year Flanagan squad full of sophomores.

@Coach Macho were you at Cooper a few years back when they actually had a good team and won district? If so, how the **** did they manage that?

Inniss will be changing schools in the offseason due to Nova Southeastern University School not likely to field a team in this upcoming season. University School, commonly known as U-School, completely canceled its 2020 season due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The current sophomore played his 2020 season with TRU Prep Academy, an upstart institution that provided a place for many University School players to play football in 2020.

“I am going to be transferring schools due to things not going how I wanted them to go,” said Inniss. “I wanted to be there (U-School) throughout my five years, from 8th grade and on, but it’s not looking too well. It’s just like college recruiting, feeling at home and where I want to be.”

Inniss is considering St. Thomas Aquinas, Deerfield Beach, American Heritage (Plantation), and Western as potential transfer locations. Inniss is currently being recruited by Miami, Oklahoma, Florida, Florida State, and Georgia.
He will be recruited harder by s.fla high schools than he will by colleges. Best wr in south florida regardless of age.

Thats why u see the Uschool transfers...they probably not sure again if they would field a team.
He needs to go wherever they really throw the ball around with a real qb.

He will be recruited harder by s.fla high schools than he will by colleges. Best wr in south florida regardless of age.

Thats why u see the Uschool transfers...they probably not sure again if they would field a team.

don’t know if that really describes heritage or STA

Advertisement
Keep home him....make McArthur Great Again gogetta

Been a phenom since elementary school.

has the drive and the attitude to go with his gifts.

Hey McArthur , shoot your shot, he’s from around the way

Keep home him....make McArthur Great Again gogetta

Been a phenom since elementary school.

has the drive and the attitude to go with his gifts.

Hey McArthur , shoot your shot, he’s from around the way
Kid is the goods. He played right there at PPO.
He has that attitude i like ..he knows he is good, but he still outclasses guys but not in a ****y way.
I want UM to keep that mf home...but i already know the Bama, Clemsons gonna be alllll over him as well.

Can anyone explain why Coral Gables high has sucked so bad at football for years?
thank you in advance

Can anyone explain why Coral Gables high has sucked so bad at football for years?
thank you in advance
Its in CORAL GABLES.

Their best kids likely would be from the Grove. And i think Coconut grove kids get recruited all over the place.

They have had some solid years here and there though.

@Goulds Cane likely can answer this...but this is my guess as im not that good with down south football.

Advertisement
Its in CORAL GABLES.

Their best kids likely would be from the Grove. And i think Coconut grove kids get recruited all over the place.

@Goulds Cane likely can answer this...but this is my guess as im not that good with down south football.
The grove produces some talent at least it still did a decade or so ago. I think you’re right though. Also their coaching staff has never been that great,

thank you in advance
Its in CORAL GABLES.

Gogeta literally just answered the question lol

Also their current coaching staff sucks so they can't keep the Grove kids home. Kentron Poitier from the 2020 class was a Grove kid that played at Palmetto. Gulliver & Columbus have a good amount of Grove kids, BTW & Miami High has some too but they're rebuilding

thank you in advance
Southridge & Palmetto been taking all the top area talent in South Miami for the last couple years.

Killian has been bled out dry for talent in the area because of transfers.

South Dade/Homestead used to have a sh*t ton of talent too, but those kids are all getting snatched up by Ridge & Palmetto too, so Ridge/Palmetto getting all the Perrine, Richmond heights, Culter Bay, Goulds kids & even getting the Homestead, Leisure City, Florida City kids from way down south too.

Last edited:
Inniss will be changing schools in the offseason due to Nova Southeastern University School not likely to field a team in this upcoming season. University School, commonly known as U-School, completely canceled its 2020 season due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The current sophomore played his 2020 season with TRU Prep Academy, an upstart institution that provided a place for many University School players to play football in 2020.

“I am going to be transferring schools due to things not going how I wanted them to go,” said Inniss. “I wanted to be there (U-School) throughout my five years, from 8th grade and on, but it’s not looking too well. It’s just like college recruiting, feeling at home and where I want to be.”

Inniss is considering St. Thomas Aquinas, Deerfield Beach, American Heritage (Plantation), and Western as potential transfer locations. Inniss is currently being recruited by Miami, Oklahoma, Florida, Florida State, and Georgia.
If Chaminade had a better passing Offense that would be the perfect place for Inniss & for us.

Our track record with STA hasn’t been good recently, although the last WR we got from there was Harley & he’s become our leading WR.

I’d be encouraged if he went to DFB, I think we’d have a good shot with him there & Rooster would help somewhat.

Advertisement
Without making it p-rhymes with “litical”, there’s a reason that most of the western suburban high schools don’t care about having a good football team. Especially since it would involve bringing in kids from other neighborhoods. When I was in school, there was no Flanagan, Everglades or Cypress Bay. Weston kids went to Western and Pembroke Pines kids went to Cooper City. Obviously the population was a lot lower then. Also kids had to play for the school in their neighborhood. STA and to a lesser point Gibbons were the only recruiting private schools. The eastern schools (Dillard, Ely, Boyd Anderson) were generally the best public teams every year. The western suburb schools (Western, Cooper City, Taravella and Douglas) would get stomped by those guys every year. Oddly, Miramar wasn’t very good either. My senior year at Cooper City we only won two games, Miramar and a first year Flanagan squad full of sophomores.

@Coach Macho were you at Cooper a few years back when they actually had a good team and won district? If so, how the **** did they manage that?

I was a student at Cooper the year they won districts and beat St. Thomas. They hired coach Taylor who I believe was Denard Robinson's high school coach. He got a lot of kids to come in and I believe most were kids that were zoned for Cooper but transferred else where. Once coach Taylor left the program fell apart again and the admin doesn't care about athletics,.

Advertisement
I was a student at Cooper the year they won districts and beat St. Thomas. They hired coach Taylor who I believe was Denard Robinson's high school coach. He got a lot of kids to come in and I believe most were kids that were zoned for Cooper but transferred else where. Once coach Taylor left the program fell apart again and the admin doesn't care about athletics,.
That’s right. My buddy used to be an admin for Plantation and I remember going with him to see them play at Cooper City. Plantation had a decent squad but Cooper trounced them. It was like 42-10 and this little white dude had like three kick/punt return touchdowns. I was there in the mid 90’s and I think we made the playoffs one time. It was the only year we ever actually beat Dillard.

That’s funny but I will also give it to you all, y’all knew how to coach. You were always fundamentally sound. Even before I went to high school. And Chapman and Buschemi were some good coaches too. They came to sphs when I was there. I hated the wing-t but it maximized our talent. I swear that was the last year of the run heavy era in south Florida. Anyway y’all coached up your kids.
Thank you, bro. We knew we HAD to, to be competitive. They still do a good job at Western but I look at the roster they have NOW and we could only DREAM of having kids like that back in 08-12.

Chapman and Buschemi are legends in my eyes. They kinda set the standard for what it took to be competitive at that school. The HC at Western right now coached under Chapman during that era so he "gets it".

Don't laugh...

But Western's offense will be a **** problem if Innis goes there and teams up with Colin Hurst and Julian Lewis. Hurst is low-key one of the best QB's in South Florida, he just happens to be 4'6". And Julian Lewis is a stud 6'3" WR.

Innis would be more dangerous there than he would at STA or Heritage. They never have a clue WTF they're doing on offense.

Advertisement
Back