sofla free agency thread

Cypress Bay is still the largest school in the state of Florida. The administration just doesn't care about football nor does the student body have much interest.

It's crazy how class 8A has the biggest schools but might be one of the weakest classes, it's almost all suburban soccer mom schools

****, even they made states!

Yeah, Weston isn’t a hotbed lol

Advertisement
Cypress Bay is still the largest school in the state of Florida. The administration just doesn't care about football nor does the student body have much interest.

It's crazy how class 8A has the biggest schools but might be one of the weakest classes, it's almost all suburban soccer mom schools
You'd be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't) on how FEW administrations/schools care about having a good football program. It's really sad. That's where it starts.

Cypress definitely cared at one time. Principal Neely was all about it. That's why they hired a proven winner in Guandolo and gave him whatever he wanted. I just think eventually the community wasn't vibing with the inner-city brothers taking over the football program while their sons sat the bench.

I started my career at Western and was there for quite a few years. At first we had principal Fisk, who definitely cared because his sons were athletes. He gave us whatever we wanted and we were able to turn the program around. After Fisk left Western got a principal who didn't care about football and they fell off. Now they have Mr Orojo, who is willing to give the football program basically anything they need to succeed. Byproduct - they've been able to rebuild into a a respectable program.

Athletic success and failure is almost always directly connected to administration support. (and wherewithal)

There's administrations that aren't willing to bend at all, aren't willing to let kids into the school, aren't willing to hire coaches on campus, etc etc etc. And those schools continue to fail on the field. They completely underestimate the impact that a winning football program has on their school and the overall morale. I've coached at several places in the county, and have friends that have coached all over Broward as well as Dade, Manatee, Sarasota, Hillsboro, and Pinellas counties. Some of y'all would be surprised at which schools are simply one hire away from being good on the football field if their administration had a clue and was willing to bend.

Not the biggest fan of all this , but I get it. I’d love to see Ely, BA, Miramar balling again.

I like what you said Macho about having some pride in your program/team.

hey, even Flanagan was able to win an 8A title over this. I never thought I’d see that day.

Cypress Bay has fell off that hard? Guandolo had them averaging 8 to 9 wins a season back in the late 00’s. What’s going on?

Cypress Bay has fell off that hard? Guandolo had them averaging 8 to 9 wins a season back in the late 00’s. What’s going on?
The administration doesn't care about football, and they aren't recruiting kids. The only good homegrown Cypress Bay kids I remember recently are Nesta & Mike Epstein (who both transferred out)

Advertisement
The administration doesn't care about football, and they aren't recruiting kids. The only good homegrown Cypress Bay kids I remember recently are Nesta & Mike Epstein (who both transferred out)
Wow that’s sad. I think schools should be fully Invested I’m in extracurricular activities for students. They want students to be just as motivated when it comes to state exams.

And those used to be some of the most populous schools around. You’d think they can find 30 kids that can play. Amod Ned was balling for them before bolting for Northeast. They did have one DB who transferred to Everglades and later on to Utah and Raiders PS briefly, Conroy Black.

Everglades had something brewing back in 2006-2008. Palmeri was building something real and if he had today’s recruiting rules...

/those are my schools
Flanagan was like the biggest public school in the county for awhile. Yea but there feeder schools arent brimming with talent. They are middle clas to bougie rich kids that could care less about sports. In fact they try to even act more hood than the actual hood schools. **** LIL PUMP the rapper went to Flanagan...TORY LANEZ the rapper went to Everglades.

I know of conroy black...2 of my relatives are his siblings and the old man is a big figure in Jamaica. (catch my drift) Everglades had a little talent early on around that time....**** they had Joe Brady the coach everyone is clamoring for from Lsu now coaching in the nfl. But they wont ever have sustainable talent coming from their base. Palmeri was my coach in high school.

Alfonzo Allen from Hallendale in this class played freshman year at Everglades. They would have to recruit kids in to be a factor and the school is too far west for kids to transfer...when they can just go to Miramar.

That is the definition of Flanagan, Everglades, Cypress Bay, Cooper City.

Western is only living becuase they recruit like they have T Will and Hartley on staff. They are living off on the 7 on 7 recruit game as they have staffs that run a 7 on 7 org. If they didnt have that they would be Flanagan.

That is the definition of Flanagan, Everglades, Cypress Bay, Cooper City.

Western is only living becuase they recruit like they have T Will and Hartley on staff. They are living off on the 7 on 7 recruit game as they have staffs that run a 7 on 7 org. If they didnt have that they would be Flanagan.
I'm assuming Western's staff has been there for a while? They were a good team back when I was in high school when they had Jon Feliciano & Fabian Moreau

Advertisement
Flanagan was like the biggest public school in the county for awhile. Yea but there feeder schools arent brimming with talent. They are middle clas to bougie rich kids that could care less about sports. In fact they try to even act more hood than the actual hood schools. **** LIL PUMP the rapper went to Flanagan...TORY LANEZ the rapper went to Everglades.

I know of conroy black...2 of my relatives are his siblings and the old man is a big figure in Jamaica. (catch my drift) Everglades had a little talent early on around that time....**** they had Joe Brady the coach everyone is clamoring for from Lsu now coaching in the nfl. But they wont ever have sustainable talent coming from their base. Palmeri was my coach in high school.

Alfonzo Allen from Hallendale in this class played freshman year at Everglades. They would have to recruit kids in to be a factor and the school is too far west for kids to transfer...when they can just go to Miramar.
LOL i know someone at Flanagan and i try to tell this person that yall dont know about that **** but they have so much money they dont even know what they dont know.

Cypress was pretty loaded when they made states. They had 2 future NFL guys on their offense alone. Coach G had that thing humming.
I had a homeboy in college that played on the Cypress Bay team that got stumped by Katy over in Texas. Transferred from Westen to Cypress Bay after his soph year. From that CB squad, Jason Douglas (Pitt), and Carl Miles (GT/KSU) were zoned for Westen. He was also homeboys with Gio Bennard and Cody Riggs and they were zoned for Westen also IIRC.

I'm assuming Western's staff has been there for a while? They were a good team back when I was in high school when they had Jon Feliciano & Fabian Moreau
I was there during that time. We were able to be pretty respectful without much talent. Unfortunately we were stuck in a district with THREE teams that competed for state titles though.

Advertisement
I had a homeboy in college that played on the Cypress Bay team that got stumped by Katy over in Texas. Transferred from Westen to Cypress Bay after his soph year. From that CB squad, Jason Douglas (Pitt), and Carl Miles (GT/KSU) were zoned for Westen. He was also homeboys with Gio Bennard and Cody Riggs and they were zoned for Westen also IIRC.
Correct. James White and Brandon Linder were also zoned for Western.

When I was at Western we were in a district with Everglades. We had an ongoing joke about them.

They always LOOKED great getting off the bus. Bunch of brothas, all black uniforms, talked a lot of ****, etc. But then the ball is kicked off and they're soft as Charmin. LOL. Never fails. They CLEARLY got the sorry leftovers from Miramar and Flanagan at the time.

They showed up to our field one night, late. They walked through our warm-ups talking ****, coaches included. Calling Wade Freebeck a "fake a$$ Tom Brady". Lmao. They tried to intimidate our West Davie kids with all that hood ****, BUT THEY'RE NOT HOOD.

We had our backups in by midway 3rd quarter. 😆 Blew them the fvck out.

When I was at Western we were in a district with Everglades. We had an ongoing joke about them.

They always LOOKED great getting off the bus. Bunch of brothas, all black uniforms, talked a lot of ****, etc. But then the ball is kicked off and they're soft as Charmin. LOL. Never fails. They CLEARLY got the sorry leftovers from Miramar and Flanagan at the time.

They showed up to our field one night, late. They walked through our warm-ups talking ****, coaches included. Calling Wade Freebeck a "fake a$$ Tom Brady". Lmao. They tried to intimidate our West Davie kids with all that hood ****, BUT THEY'RE NOT HOOD.

We had our backups in by midway 3rd quarter. 😆 Blew them the fvck out.
That’s funny but I will also give it to you all, y’all knew how to coach. You were always fundamentally sound. Even before I went to high school. And Chapman and Buschemi were some good coaches too. They came to sphs when I was there. I hated the wing-t but it maximized our talent. I swear that was the last year of the run heavy era in south Florida. Anyway y’all coached up your kids.

Advertisement

I could be wrong but IIRC Gio was a boca kid

Inniss will be changing schools in the offseason due to Nova Southeastern University School not likely to field a team in this upcoming season. University School, commonly known as U-School, completely canceled its 2020 season due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The current sophomore played his 2020 season with TRU Prep Academy, an upstart institution that provided a place for many University School players to play football in 2020.

“I am going to be transferring schools due to things not going how I wanted them to go,” said Inniss. “I wanted to be there (U-School) throughout my five years, from 8th grade and on, but it’s not looking too well. It’s just like college recruiting, feeling at home and where I want to be.”

Inniss is considering St. Thomas Aquinas, Deerfield Beach, American Heritage (Plantation), and Western as potential transfer locations. Inniss is currently being recruited by Miami, Oklahoma, Florida, Florida State, and Georgia.

Advertisement
Back