So....

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
How much does Diaz lean on Simpson and T-Rob in the defensive meeting room?

T-Rob is a former DC.

Simpson, based on what some educated posters have said, could probably be a DC himself.

We’ve heard in the past how Manny and his goon squad of Patke, Banda, and Baker were like a high school click last year. We all know how much of an epic fail that approach turned out to be.

Now, with Banda gone and Baker demoted, does Diaz demonstrate he’s learned some sort of lesson by letting Simpson and T-Rob have a voice in helping him adjust his scheme? We clearly have issues defensively. Baker sucked at calling plays, but this is still Manny’s scheme. We might improve marginally with him at the helm, but I’d venture a guess that we’re still going to get bent over by any team with a pulse on offense.

Unfortunately, I’d bet the house that he remains stubborn and relies on Patke and Baker the most. They make him feel comfortable, which is a MAJOR problem.

But if that’s the case, then his a$$ better be gone after next season unless we win the Coastal and are at least somewhat competitive against Bama and Clemson.

But I won’t hold my breath. This is what you get when you hire green coaches. Fvck Blake James for setting this program back another 3-4 year. I swear to God....if we let that incompetent loser hire our next coach, I’ll have an aneurysm.

All right, I’m done bytching for at least a couple hours.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Manny has done well getting assistants with coordinator experience. Likens, Justice, and now T Rob. Simpson adds some NFL experience. This has to be a net positive in the coaches room.

bj.jpg

manny.gif

jenn.jpg

Just an opinion, but I think Manny/Simpson/Robinson are running this defense. Manny thinks with him calling it and those two running the front/back it will be good.

We will see if he is right. I like having Simpson and Robinson on staff and I’ll be stunned if they aren’t the ones with the say. Stunned. Patke coaches ST and Baker is a LB. I’d rather have Telly there but whatever.

Advertisement
Manny has done well getting assistants with coordinator experience. Likens, Justice, and now T Rob. Simpson adds some NFL experience. This has to be a net positive in the coaches room.
I agree, but it won’t matter if he doesn’t take their opinion into account. He relies too much on his guys.

Makes no sense that some think he's going to lean on the guy he just demoted and not take into account trob and simpsons experience. I'm pretty sure manny's well aware some things need to be tweaked. He didn't bring trob in to play soft zone lol. He brought him in to get more aggressive in the secondary. He brought in simpson to be more fundamentally sound at defensive line. I swear some of you probably write many and baker fan fiction. Does anyone call trob muschamps butt buddy? They worked way more years together.

Advertisement
Well Baker is gone so eliminate that problem and Manny became HC based on his work as Defensive Coordinator therefore I am optimistic. Our defense seemed more aggressive in the spring game really tackling well. If our players put out 100 percent expect success.

Well Baker is gone so eliminate that problem and Manny became HC based on his work as Defensive Coordinator therefore I am optimistic. Our defense seemed more aggressive in the spring game really tackling well. If our players put out 100 percent expect success.
I was a bit concerned when I started reading this without first looking at the date. Lesson learned.

How much does Diaz lean on Simpson and T-Rob in the defensive meeting room?

T-Rob is a former DC.

Simpson, based on what some educated posters have said, could probably be a DC himself.

We’ve heard in the past how Manny and his goon squad of Patke, Banda, and Baker were like a high school click last year. We all know how much of an epic fail that approach turned out to be.

Now, with Banda gone and Baker demoted, does Diaz demonstrate he’s learned some sort of lesson by letting Simpson and T-Rob have a voice in helping him adjust his scheme? We clearly have issues defensively. Baker sucked at calling plays, but this is still Manny’s scheme. We might improve marginally with him at the helm, but I’d venture a guess that we’re still going to get bent over by any team with a pulse on offense.

Unfortunately, I’d bet the house that he remains stubborn and relies on Patke and Baker the most. They make him feel comfortable, which is a MAJOR problem.

But if that’s the case, then his a$$ better be gone after next season unless we win the Coastal and are at least somewhat competitive against Bama and Clemson.

But I won’t hold my breath. This is what you get when you hire green coaches. Fvck Blake James for setting this program back another 3-4 year. I swear to God....if we let that incompetent loser hire our next coach, I’ll have an aneurysm.

All right, I’m done bytching for at least a couple hours.

Manny😳 learn? 🤣

That's one bold premise but

Anything's possible.....BUT is it likely? 🤔

😡

Advertisement
Manny😳 learn? 🤣

That's one bold premise but

Anything's possible.....BUT is it likely? 🤔

😡

Manny may never be that guy, but one thing he has shown is his willingness to change it up. He’s not like what we’ve had in the past, stubborn, intractable guys that would not adapt or change for anything.

Advertisement
Back