So why dont we want Ferby?

Advertisement
I meant why doesn't he fit I like Williams style just think he runs funny but I was asking an opinion and its my phone with this stupid auto correct

I meant why doesn't he fit I like Williams style just think he runs funny but I was asking an opinion and its my phone with this stupid auto correct

Ahh. I see now. Your phone auto-corrects the punctuation out of your sentences. I was wondering...

I played in the same league ad this kid in Tennessee. Hate to say it, but the talent he's going up against is a joke. I've watched this kid play a lot actually and he's a decent player, but it would be a wasted scholarship. Kid isn't as big as he seems and no way he runs better than a 4.7

I actually never got why Miaim fans were all over this kid. There are 50 players in florida playing the same position that are better then this kid.

I honestly don't even know if he has what it takes to play d1...I mean Vandy is 5 miles from his school and isn't going after him..

Would make a better Lb rather then rb/fb at the next level.

The competition is awful. I live out here in Memphis and catch some games. Watching MUS a few times this year all I could think of is how they'd get clobbered by an equivalent Miami school.

Advertisement
Ferby was named Mr Football for the state of Tennesse. So for those that say he is not that good do some more research. He was hurt most of last year and didn't play, then he ran wild for most of this year until he pulled his calf muscle. But then made it back for his state ship game. His recruiting will explode late. He played most of this year at 85% tgat is why his speed wasn't quite breakaway. But with a redshirt year you are looking at a 230 power back that break longs YAC runs. If Cook goes elsewhere don 't think UM won't take a libg look at him. An truthfully you know corn is in AG's ear about him.

Go canes

Go Canes

jcanes22;1732604 He can defiantly play D1. Just got offered by Wake Forest actually.[/QUOTE said:
How does one play "defiantly"? Yell at opposing LBs, "I dare you to tackle me!"?

I can just hear the cheerleaders now, "Yearby, Yearby, he's our man; if he can't do it Ferby can!"

Last edited:
Advertisement
Plays best talent in TN but that's not saying much. I've seen him play twice & he's comparable to Mike James but probable not as fast.

UM has speed we need backs to move the chains in bad weather and when we need first downs or red zone power game. Ferby absolutely fits that bill. An fyi for those who question his offer list Tenn is evaulating his film as is Vandy. They are treating as backyard back up plan. Also keep in mind before he got hurt last year he ran track with corn elder so that should tell you about his speed when he is 100%. I think the mike james analogy is far the only difference is I think he has better vision then MJ, for seing the whole and cutback lanes.

Go Canes

UM has speed we need backs to move the chains in bad weather and when we need first downs or red zone power game. Ferby absolutely fits that bill. An fyi for those who question his offer list Tenn is evaulating his film as is Vandy. They are treating as backyard back up plan. Also keep in mind before he got hurt last year he ran track with corn elder so that should tell you about his speed when he is 100%. I think the mike james analogy is far the only difference is I think he has better vision then MJ, for seing the whole and cutback lanes.

Go Canes

So, he's a backup plan guy for Vandy, but UM should be jumping on him right now? Guys are right to question his offers when his hometown teams (neither of which is very good) haven't even offered him.

Advertisement

I believe our offense is going to open up way more next year 60% pass 40% run in the spread..... Boston College well you seen them operate lots of power formations with 2 sometimes 3 TE sets they just pound you sleep.... We're not going to be doing that anytime soon only reason i said he wouldnt fit

I believe our offense is going to open up way more next year 60% pass 40% run in the spread..... Boston College well you seen them operate lots of power formations with 2 sometimes 3 TE sets they just pound you sleep.... We're not going to be doing that anytime soon only reason i said he wouldnt fit

im ok with that as long as we can complete the screen passes and not skip them off the ground.

Advertisement

im ok with that as long as we can complete the screen passes and not skip them off the ground.

Lol i hear you brother... That's the only thing that baffled me about Morris is how he would skip a few passes to our receivers right in front of him... Hopefully those days are over with

I can totally understand the power game that your saying I just pray that kevin olsen takes these next couple months with herb and Stacey and Rashawn and get these boys timing together. because im definitely not on the ryan Williams bandwagon by a long shot please let the dog come out of him over the offseason.

Ferby was named Mr Football for the state of Tennesse. So for those that say he is not that good do some more research. He was hurt most of last year and didn't play, then he ran wild for most of this year until he pulled his calf muscle. But then made it back for his state ship game. His recruiting will explode late. He played most of this year at 85% tgat is why his speed wasn't quite breakaway. But with a redshirt year you are looking at a 230 power back that break longs YAC runs. If Cook goes elsewhere don 't think UM won't take a libg look at him. An truthfully you know corn is in AG's ear about him.

Go canes

Go Canes

Being named Mr Football here isn't like being named Mr football in FL ala Duke. Vandy and UT have to look at him because if they don't then they'll shut themselves out of one of the best football programs in the state. Check Charlie Davidson #24 out of Blackman HS in Murfreesboro, TN. Big, fast, good lateral movement & nasty but a 2015 kid. I saw him in the playoffs this year literally carry 8 defenders 7 yards into the end zone. He's being looked at by several sec schools already.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1389635/charlie-davidson

Last edited:

Go Canes

Just a question. How does running track =

A. Good speed
B. Good football speed

Football players run track or play lacrosse to stay in shape during the offseason.

Advertisement
Back