So why dont we want Ferby?

If he was running in the same event as corn he's not slow that's for sure.

I like the kids running style. He doesn't hit top speed until he knows he's gone, otherwise he's looking for fall forward contact. This is something we severely lacked without duke in the lineup. Say what you will about Gus and what he could be some day, but if we are going to be good again anytime soon we are going to have to have the ability to wear down defenses.

Advertisement
Now I'm not going to take the time to look up his track times, but just because you run the same event as another person who is fast doesn't mean that you are fast. That's a ridiculous statement pcity.

Ferby was named Mr Football for the state of Tennesse. So for those that say he is not that good do some more research. He was hurt most of last year and didn't play, then he ran wild for most of this year until he pulled his calf muscle. But then made it back for his state ship game. His recruiting will explode late. He played most of this year at 85% tgat is why his speed wasn't quite breakaway. But with a redshirt year you are looking at a 230 power back that break longs YAC runs. If Cook goes elsewhere don 't think UM won't take a libg look at him. An truthfully you know corn is in AG's ear about him.

Go canes

Go Canes
That's like being named homecoming queen at rikers island.

the competition for the title isn't so hot......

(yes I know corn, broken clock theory applies)

I dunno...there's just....something about that name.....

475.jpg

Let's pass.....

Advertisement
Well for those that haven't seen his Senior Year Highlights here there are. Also he is currently 6'1" 230lbs and runs a electronically timed 4.6 sec 40yd. So that is equally to 4.5sec hand timed 40yd dash, and 230lbs that's moving.

Also to answer questions about why Tenn & Vandy have not offered, both schools had each had two big backs committed to them by April, Ferby was hurt last year an barely played in the 2012 season so the jury was still on out on whether he would return to form for his Senior year. The answer is yes he ran for 1322yd and 22 TDs mind you he missed 1/3 of his season with a pulled calf muscle and he only played in the first half of most games. He averaged 10 yds per carry running into 8 and 9 man fronts who knew he was getting the ball.

Here is the article about Ferby getting hurt in 2012 and what schools were recruiting him OSU, Nebraska, Vandy, Miss St, and Tenn (but he openly said he was turned by UT because they lack discipline)
http://vanderbilt.247sports.com/Article/DAndre-Ferby-is-on-the-mend-and-on-the-radar-87381

2013 Season High lights for 2014 RB D'Andre Ferby
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/522915/dandre-ferby#

Here is the direct Play link to D'Andre Ferby's hudl SR yr Highlights
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/522915/highlights/111474377?autoplay=1

Go Canes!

Last edited:
Advertisement
So, he's listed at 6-2, 225 with a 4.56 40-time. Is that accurate? If so, that an inch taller, 3 pounds heavier, and half a second faster than Gus Edwards.

Now I'm not going to take the time to look up his track times, but just because you run the same event as another person who is fast doesn't mean that you are fast. That's a ridiculous statement pcity.

not necessarily. group events are usually like the baton races and ****. im not saying just because he ran track he was fast, **** he could have thrown the javelin for all we know, but if hes running anywhere close to corn at that size hes a beast.

The same reason that his only d-1 offers are from WF, Toledo, Memphis and Western Kentucky................. he just isn't that good. Nice film for a big guy but theres got to be a reason for this type of offer sheet

And Andre Williams had a great offer list, also.

Advertisement
The same reason that his only d-1 offers are from WF, Toledo, Memphis and Western Kentucky................. he just isn't that good. Nice film for a big guy but theres got to be a reason for this type of offer sheet

And Andre Williams had a great offer list, also.

Ed Reed had a Tulane offer tho

more the exception than the rule. I am interested in the development as well, and that is harder to decipher on the future of recruits, and most of all what they got inside.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back