So who is red-shirting this season?

Advertisement
Let this one play out. Coaches know by now who they think we will need and who we won't. We will probably lose another guy or two to injury and maybe they get a redshirt, or maybe they neccesitate us to use somebody we wanted to shirt. I would love to see Sunny and Gall redshirt but that might not be in the cards with Isadora and Knighton out.

Olsen shirting is pretty much a given
Gus looks like the goods from the bit I saw. Kid looked confused and awkward, let him get some actual reps in practice!
Coley, enough has been said, dudes an all american
Dobard should shirt. He honestly needs to redistribute a solid 15-20 pounds IMO to be the downfield threat we need. Plus we are a solid 4 deep at TE
I'd like to see us redshirt the whole OL class but I think Gall might be needed. It would seem like they are taking their time seeing when we get Isadora back, because Harvey was in with the 2's.
Muhammad looks like an absolute freak to me. Can't believe we got this guy out of NJ, huge coup.
Kamalu is legit. Glad he has 3 years to grow because his frame is crazy.
Julio Derosier is a time portal to the 8th dimension
Grace will be needed is my guess, NO depth at LB. Will be a good ST player me thinks.
Burns will be tough to keep off the field. Staff seems to love Gunter but I think he is the guy fighting for a spot right now.
RLIII should play special teams. Don't see what good shirting him does, but he probably will shirt.
Jamal Carter will get PT. Should play ST as well.

Anyone who played even a single snap in that first game is NOT eligible for an automatic redshirt. If you play at all, then you have to sustain a legit season-ending injury to get a RS. Anyone saying anything else is dead wrong.

Last edited:
Gus looks like the goods from the bit I saw. Kid looked confused and awkward, let him get some actual reps in practice!

Dobard should shirt. He honestly needs to redistribute a solid 15-20 pounds IMO to be the downfield threat we need. Plus we are a solid 4 deep at TE

Grace will be needed is my guess, NO depth at LB. Will be a good ST player me thinks.

Burns will be tough to keep off the field. Staff seems to love Gunter but I think he is the guy fighting for a spot right now.

RLIII should play special teams. Don't see what good shirting him does, but he probably will shirt.

I dont know what you mean by Gus looking "confused and awkward" b/c he looked impressive to me.

Standish Dobard is already the "fastest" TE on this team he just needs to continue developing

Miami does have depth at LB that's why J. Grace isnt going to be in the 2 deep unless somebody gets hurt..... but he will play STs and get reps w/ the 3rd team.

L. Gunter is the 1 cornerback that isnt "fighting" for anything.... he's the best boundary cornerback on the team right now. A. Burns is going to get more and more reps as the season goes on though.

I think Ray Lewis should definitely redshirt this year.... it would do more good then him waisting a year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back