So who is playing QB in the bowl game?

Transfer Portal window opens on 4 Dec.

Brown and TVD will be in it as soon as it opens if they're leaving. We'll know very, very soon what's happening at QB for the Bowl game.

The portal will get flooded starting tomorrow. Lots of thank you notes about to be tweeted over the next 72 hours.

Probably a good thing Mario isn’t having to worry about game planning for the ACC championship and can turn 100% focus on recruiting and portal the next 3 weeks.

Advertisement
If TVD or JB plan to transfer, they would not play in the bowl game.

No player entering the portal can play in a game.

A player could play In the bowl game, then put his name into the portal, but the timing of that isn't good as they need to find a team and enroll in school before the Spring semester starts in January.

If JB is leaving, he likely already has a destination.

I hope he is staying. Give him all the #1 reps in the bowl preparation and thank TVD for his service.

I think Florida State had players in the portal play in last year's bowl game. I may be wrong, but I remember thinking that didn't make sense.

If either of our QBs are portaling, they already have a destination lined up, and the paperwork is all but complete.

Let's not make this about paperwork and finding a school to transfer to.

Unless there is a rule that prevents players who intend to portal from playing in their current team's bowl game, they can both suit up and play.

giphy.gif

I'll drive the boat.. I'd look better in a uniform that that ****** osu hang on fat dude.

Advertisement
IMHo, TVD will hit the portal and see that very few top tier teams will take him. Alabama no longer wants him because the Tide now has a developed Milroe and he is lighting it up. Even Lashlee at SMU has a solid QB, so he will take a pass. ND could be an option with Hartman leaving, but there are better options.

TVD might be better served by clearing up his act and by coming back.
FSU might need a QB.

Advertisement
Tvd not playing would be the dumbest thing ever he needs to put as much good film out there to transfer or whatever in the **** he is doing because he has been **** most of the year
He has more than enough good film lol. The guy is a 3 year starter. And the portal opens Dec 4 so it would be impossible to do both

Advertisement
I think Florida State had players in the portal play in last year's bowl game. I may be wrong, but I remember thinking that didn't make sense.
Your right. I remember the U Florida QB played in a bowl game a few years ago, but was transferring. I just don't know if they actually had their names officially in the portal before the bowl game.

did you see how he handled that yesterday in his post game conference? Was pretty funny. Even he was grinning.
I missed it…and can’t really say I really want to hear him. What was weird about his answer? Was he being coy or just awkward?

You know, we don’t have to accept an invitation
But that gives up 14 days of practice for the young guys, about $1,000,000 to the ACC bowl revenue pot, and makes us look like wimps to recruits. I say win the Pinstripe Bowl and invite every recruit on the East coast to NYC!!!

Advertisement
Us having no scholarship qbs is worth 3 losses of non kneeling by mario. Like how does that happen?
Garcia transferring. Machoda leaving. Rashada getting $14M from Florida not to sign with Miami, and then not getting it.

Bad things can happen quickly with a roster. We went from four scholarship quarterbacks in Dec 2008 - none with more than two years of experience - to just one scholarship QB in Aug 2009.

Tvd not playing would be the dumbest thing ever he needs to put as much good film out there to transfer or whatever in the **** he is doing because he has been **** most of the year

He doesn't need more film.

He points to that, says this was hurt. He points to that, says this was hurting. He's got plenty of film and games that put him in the top tier of starters. He would also be able to validate those claims with internal injury and trainer reports.

I know Mario likes to keep that stuff out of the media, but I do feel it hurts more than it helps. At least as it relates to the players.

But that gives up 14 days of practice for the young guys, about $1,000,000 to the ACC bowl revenue pot, and makes us look like wimps to recruits. I say win the Pinstripe Bowl and invite every recruit on the East coast to NYC!!!

Yes, it's fan fantasy land where we refuse a bowl invite. I'm pretty sure that as long as we're eligible, we're required by the conference to play as it would remove extra money for the conference as you pointed out.

Advertisement
Back