So where is CanesProPopTarts and his Morris suckups...

MedleyCane

Senior
You all know who you are, going back to the Canes Scout board.
Remember me?
I was with the crowd that saw this clusterphk coming.
Baseball program is dead.
But OCF, you and the other suckups keep fiddling.

Advertisement
Remember me?
The program is not dead. 2017-2018 top 10 recruiting class. Very young talented team with a lot of good pitching arms. They will be in the postseason next year and in Omaha in 2020.

Amazing how one down year and people are ready to jump ship. I don't consider this year a down year because this team is so young, but much more talented than last year's team especially pitching. Maybe the same result as last year, but this team will have so many experienced players next year.
Let's not forget the team lost their best hitter (Reyes) for most of the year. Hopefully, Romy and Toral have good 2019's showing some much needed power at the plate. The other young player should hit better as well (Amditis, Quinones, Zamora, Escala, Rivera, Cloonan, Jenkins, Gil). We return all of our pitchers except Bargfeldt, Hammond, and Mediavilla. The only one that would really be missed is Bargfeldt and we have 3 guys that will have an opportunity at that weekend slot in Velez, Cook, and McMahon who was going to be a weekend starter this year until his injury set him back.

Yeah, we should challenge for an ACC title next year just with the guys returning. If we get some good players in the 2019 class, this team could be elite in 2019.

The program is not dead. 2017-2018 top 10 recruiting class. Very young talented team with a lot of good pitching arms. They will be in the postseason next year and in Omaha in 2020.

Amazing how one down year and people are ready to jump ship. I don't consider this year a down year because this team is so young, but much more talented than last year's team especially pitching. Maybe the same result as last year, but this team will have so many experienced players next year.
Let's not forget the team lost their best hitter (Reyes) for most of the year. Hopefully, Romy and Toral have good 2019's showing some much needed power at the plate. The other young player should hit better as well (Amditis, Quinones, Zamora, Escala, Rivera, Cloonan, Jenkins, Gil). We return all of our pitchers except Bargfeldt, Hammond, and Mediavilla. The only one that would really be missed is Bargfeldt and we have 3 guys that will have an opportunity at that weekend slot in Velez, Cook, and McMahon who was going to be a weekend starter this year until his injury set him back.

Yeah, we should challenge for an ACC title next year just with the guys returning. If we get some good players in the 2019 class, this team could be elite in 2019.

I respect your optimism but I've been hearing this "wait til next year" mantra for years.
This program has been woefully "coached" for years.
I grew up following this program during the 1970s.
Those teams knew how to play the game.
Conversely, under the Morris administration, we have seen teams that have no concept of baserunning, often getting picked off
little leaguers and hitting? Abysmal.
It has been pathetic, and it won't change under his successor, whose only attribute on his resume is that his family grows
tomatoes.

Wow! We make the post season 44 years in a row and this year we might not even have a winning record and your not calling it a down year. You got some serious issues. I’m willing to bet right now we are going to under 500 this year. The last year we didn’t have a winning record was 1957. 1957! 1957! Terrible post!

So missing the post-season for the 1st time last season in 40+ years, followed by a likely another missed post-season, and sub .500 record and the future looks bright? Lol. Am I reading this correctly? Some of you have some low as **** expectations.

Advertisement
Remember me?

What's funny is that the only people who still follow the games are those of us who called this meltdown years ago. The sunshine pumpers completely abandoned ship.

Wow! We make the post season 44 years in a row and this year we might not even have a winning record and your not calling it a down year. You got some serious issues. I’m willing to bet right now we are going to under 500 this year. The last year we didn’t have a winning record was 1957. 1957! 1957! Terrible post!

agreed.

this program has dug itself into a hole it can't climb out.

Last edited:
Advertisement

with all due respect? you gotta stop smoking crack.

What's funny is that the only people who still follow the games are those of us who called this meltdown years ago. The sunshine pumpers completely abandoned ship.

Yeah, funny how most of those clowns didn't come over from the scout board.
I wonder why?
Where is Brian's Thong (Piccolo) poster?

He makes Bobby Bowden look like early termination. Still thinks bunting runners over and guys that throw 84 can win. SMH.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Actually many of us still follow the program, but honestly whats there to say? You post something positive about the team and you get torn to shreds, and lord knows there's plenty of negative stuff already posted, so...

Actually many of us still follow the program, but honestly whats there to say? You post something positive about the team and you get torn to shreds, and lord knows there's plenty of negative stuff already posted, so...

Yeah I remember that **** UCLA team that hit like .212 for the season but rode the arms of their pitchers to a Title. They never hit a single home run in the CWS.

Yeah I remember that **** UCLA team that hit like .212 for the season but rode the arms of their pitchers to a Title. They never hit a single home run in the CWS.

We have the .212 with no power part down. Now we just need the dominant pitching staff and we're on the way.

Advertisement
I respect your optimism but I've been hearing this "wait til next year" mantra for years.
This program has been woefully "coached" for years.
I grew up following this program during the 1970s.
Those teams knew how to play the game.
Conversely, under the Morris administration, we have seen teams that have no concept of baserunning, often getting picked off
little leaguers and hitting? Abysmal.
It has been pathetic, and it won't change under his successor, whose only attribute on his resume is that his family grows
tomatoes.
they just dont know how to play the game, it is shocking. Gotta clean coaching house.

I'm an extreme anti-purist when it comes to baseball and believe the mound visits should be abolished, but the rules are the rules so as long as a coach can go up to the pitcher's mound and talk him out of a jam or better yet make a change, he should do it. Morris always wants to keep a pitcher in even if he has nothing it always takes forever to even get someone warmed up in the bullpen. When UNC switched pitchers for the second time in an inning on Saturday as the Canes were threatening to retake the lead, they **** may have put Clayton Kershaw the way he shut us down. That did us in. Jimbo Morris simply does not have that in him.

Advertisement
Back