So, we signed a home and home with South Carolina....

TerragonSix

Itsa Me, Mario!
Per Official Hurricanes Facebook page.

The responses from the fans are a bit...cantankerous.

Advertisement
20191204_012127.jpg

Let's just say I am somewhat annoyed with the season.

Advertisement
I approve. We need to be butting heads with the SEC every year. No fear. We have an all-time losing record vs. the SEC, and I'd like to see us close that gap. Last time I checked, we are something like 60-80 vs. the SEC.

Would love a home and home with Auburn as well.
Auburn would destroy us unless I missed the breaking news about our staff being kicked to the curb, Blake included.

Advertisement
I approve. We need to be butting heads with the SEC every year. No fear. We have an all-time losing record vs. the SEC, and I'd like to see us close that gap. Last time I checked, we are something like 60-80 vs. the SEC.

Would love a home and home with Auburn as well.
They won 4 games this year. The fact that you even put no fear of scheduling this team shows the state of our program.

Advertisement
They won 4 games this year. The fact that you even put no fear of scheduling this team shows the state of our program.

Well, South Carolina is basically comparable to Miami now. Just another “also ran” middle of the pack team in their own conference.

So it’s a pretty even match up on paper.

Advertisement
I graduated from USC (never wavered in my my Cane support). Columbia isnt a destination city, but I'm super pumped to attend this.

Familiar nonsense that is regurgitated around here on a daily basis. Let me guess, now you'll resort to cherry picked comparative scores.

South Carolina's talent level will be very similar to our own. Speed and athleticism all over the place. That's how Spurrier was able to win so many games there. That's how the 1987 Gamecocks nearly ruined our national championship season. That's how they defeated us in a bowl not too many years ago. That's how they upset Georgia on the road as 24 point underdog this season.

Here, I'll just grab the Rivals recruiting rankings per season. This is South Carolina recently:

2015: 19
2016: 26
2017: 16
2018: 18
2019: 17
2020: 19 (currently)

Oh wow, that's a total mismatch. Definitely a program that has no business on this level or on the field with the mighty Canes.

You can see why Muschamp is changing coaches. I didn't think he would survive this season. It is another underachieving program the past two seasons. But the Georgia victory combined with the good 2017 season including victories over Florida and Michigan have provided just enough benefit of a doubt for Muschamp to survive.

I like this home and home series in terms of competitive risk. But overall I wish we had picked a different SEC program, solely because I attended a game at William Brice in 2017, the lopsided South Carolina win over Arkansas. I like to experience as many different road venues as possible. Since I remembered the assertions they would never schedule us again I didn't think I'd see a Canes game there in the near future.

Very good atmosphere. It was the day Miami pulled out the upset at Florida State to end the 7 game series losing streak. I had made quick friends with many Gamecock fans during their win so they spent the end of that game rooting along with me for the Canes to pull it out at Tallahassee. To my surprise they had far more animosity toward Florida State than the Canes.

Familiar nonsense that is regurgitated around here on a daily basis. Let me guess, now you'll resort to cherry picked comparative scores.

South Carolina's talent level will be very similar to our own. Speed and athleticism all over the place. That's how Spurrier was able to win so many games there. That's how the 1987 Gamecocks nearly ruined our national championship season. That's how they defeated us in a bowl not too many years ago. That's how they upset Georgia on the road as 24 point underdog this season.

Here, I'll just grab the Rivals recruiting rankings per season. This is South Carolina recently:

2015: 19
2016: 26
2017: 16
2018: 18
2019: 17
2020: 19 (currently)

Oh wow, that's a total mismatch. Definitely a program that has no business on this level or on the field with the mighty Canes.

You can see why Muschamp is changing coaches. I didn't think he would survive this season. It is another underachieving program the past two seasons. But the Georgia victory combined with the good 2017 season including victories over Florida and Michigan have provided just enough benefit of a doubt for Muschamp to survive.

I like this home and home series in terms of competitive risk. But overall I wish we had picked a different SEC program, solely because I attended a game at William Brice in 2017, the lopsided South Carolina win over Arkansas. I like to experience as many different road venues as possible. Since I remembered the assertions they would never schedule us again I didn't think I'd see a Canes game there in the near future.

Very good atmosphere. It was the day Miami pulled out the upset at Florida State to end the 7 game series losing streak. I had made quick friends with many Gamecock fans during their win so they spent the end of that game rooting along with me for the Canes to pull it out at Tallahassee. To my surprise they had far more animosity toward Florida State than the Canes.
We, objectively, suck. So it is not a mismatch issue. The game is also 6 years away, so who knows where they or we will be from a talent and ranking perspective. It is silly to even prognosticate that. But in my opinion, it is not a name brand team, game-day atmosphere, or location to get excited about. Simple as that. Nothing more, nothing less.

Advertisement
Back