So, we signed a home and home with South Carolina....

Advertisement
They won 4 games this year. The fact that you even put no fear of scheduling this team shows the state of our program.

You misunderstand. What I meant was, we should have no fear of taking on any SEC team, not just South Carolina. I've read comments on this board saying our schedule should be easier not harder, and that we should avoid playing good teams while we are down. I disagree. We should try to play the hardest schedule in the country every year if we can. That was one of the ways we built our program back in the day. FSU did it as well. Take on anyone, anywhere, at any time. It's a good way to stay relevant, and be televised on national TV. It's a good look for our recruiting as well. In my opinion, we should stack our future schedule with either SEC teams, or other traditional powers.

Advertisement
You misunderstand. What I meant was, we should have no fear of taking on any SEC team, not just South Carolina. I've read comments on this board saying our schedule should be easier not harder, and that we should avoid playing good teams while we are down. I disagree. We should try to play the hardest schedule in the country every year if we can. That was one of the ways we built our program back in the day. FSU did it as well. Take on anyone, anywhere, at any time. It's a good way to stay relevant, and be televised on national TV. It's a good look for our recruiting as well. In my opinion, we should stack our future schedule with either SEC teams, or other traditional powers.
Gotcha. Apologies. I agree. I have no desire to play South Carolina and I live in Atlanta. It is an easy drive but a boring matchup.

I approve. We need to be butting heads with the SEC every year. No fear. We have an all-time losing record vs. the SEC, and I'd like to see us close that gap. Last time I checked, we are something like 60-80 vs. the SEC.

Would love a home and home with Auburn as well.

Could we score on auburn? I am not sure

I graduated from USC (never wavered in my my Cane support). Columbia isnt a destination city, but I'm super pumped to attend this.

I was there for a day when the Olympic torch was passing through for the Atlanta games. Torch exchange happened right in front of me and I was one of a couple of people that got to hold it for a quick photo. Pretty cool moment and should be a fun away game.

Advertisement
Could we score on auburn? I am not sure

Maybe not many points this year, but who knows where we will be in five years.

Besides, if we truly are down and staying down, I'd rather lose to good programs like Auburn than glorified community colleges like FIU.

Advertisement
Back